Have i missed something or is AIS taking the P*ss

zoza

merry exmas everyone, I decided on my latest trip to the jungle this holiday season I would get up to date and try

to have the internet on hand on my mobile, I spotted a promotion online (my laptop) 128 baht for seven days 1mbs

as it was mainly for emails and face book (my youngest daughter) and a few in Cambodia. I thought it would suffice

met up with a mate and proudly tried to log on.....the instructions seemed a bit strange   ''log on to super AIS''

but in my messages I was told my promotion was activated...but no where could I log on...I rang AIS helpline

and was told again to just log on...four days later and three more calls I was told by AIS that there was no refund.

I explained that I had not used the promotion as it never worked.

at about that same time while sitting in Central festival shopping center up popped ''Super AIS Login'' I explained

to the call center that my promotion appeared to only work in Udon Thani were I was surrounded by free internet

I was again told there was no refund but I could sign up for another promotion ? I told the agent that I did not want

another promotion I wanted the Super AIS cancelled.

as much as I told them I did not want the promotion they insisted I could only get another promotion I could not

cancel the original promotion I could only swap for another promotion.

the next day (today) I got an sms telling me to top up my phone by at least 128 baht as I was due to pay ?

I phoned AIS again and asked to speak to a supervisor and insisted I was not going to pay again for something that

did not work...I was told that they would send a Tech to see what had happened and they asked for my address

but it might take a few weeks? I explained I was in a hotel in Udon and would be flying back to Pattaya in a few

days. I have tried to cancel online but it keeps asking for a password and when I get that I hit contact AIS and

yes it asks me for a password and on and on....I have just received no not a phone call another message to top

up by at least 128 baht within three days.....am I missing something as it feels like TRUE on steroids. 

any one had any similar dealings with this type of thing. cheers.

Hard to make sense of the situation because you haven't told us the exact name of what you have bought, but my guess is you have bought a wifi only package, not a data package.  So you would only be able to use the wifi when you were in range of a hotspot (shopping centres, middle of cities etc).  If you want to use internet in your home or in the middle of nowhere you need a data package, not a wifi package.

It sounds like it is a recurring package too, so if you have enough money on your balance (or a linked credit card) they will take the next week's automatically.

dfdgfdfdg                                                                                                                                     yes you are right as I was totally in the dark that I needed to buy two bits data

and Wifi well at least that explains what has been going on? but I have never

seen a data promotion? thanks.

http://www.ais.co.th/package/?id=4&type=mobile_package&intcid=getpage-en-footer_menu-shortcut_menu-package_promotion_submenu1-internet_package_submenu2#tips

I can't find an English link but if you use that link and right click then 'translate to English' it should be understandable.

Example:   89 baht for 7 days (plus VAT).  That's unlimited usage at 512kbps speed.

Aaaahhhhh...having actually bothered to read your post, I think I understand what has occurred.

The is no Super WiFi package for 128 baht.

There is a monthly Super WiFi package for 99 baht + V.A.T.  107 baht

What I think may have occured is that you obtained a SIM that gives you Super WiFi free for 7 days every month on the proviso that you top up at least 150 baht each month.

But you do not have to top up this 150 baht, you just won't get the free 7 day Super WiFi package.

You can simply buy a monthly package for yourself for 107 baht; http://www.ais.co.th/wifi/en/package-wifi.aspx if you want it.

Though the monthly WiFi package is 107 baht per month, they take the money from your account at the rate of 24.71 baht per 7 days.

But you don't even need to do that if you have the AIS 1 Mbps data package attached to your mobile phone, as you may be able to use your phone as a mobile HotSpot and connect to that instead.

Update us to the current situation.

On 03/01/2018 at 4:05 PM, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Jesus, just top up the phone in one of those orange machines, download unliminet AIS app and press the button on the package you want. The phone will dial the code and package you selected.

It seems that it is you who isn't getting it.

He hasn't mentioned anything about tethering, so it seems there was confusion over mobile data and WiFi HotSpots.

Since he wanted to use his laptop, he may have been able to tether. In addition, his AIS SIM might give free access to SuperWiFi for a week out of 30 days. So HotSpots may have worked at some point.

Sometimes, it helps to read the OP in it's entirety.

my mistake I took Wi-Fi to mean internet where I should of purchased a Data

package and used that in the jungle, when I went into the City center the Wi-Fi

package worked (I already had free internet at hotel/central mall and most bars)

my mistake was pointed out to me early on in this thread.

and I eventually did get my money refunded

its funny but I know a lot more about the internet than most of the blokes who 

I have a beer with.......I now know a bit more....maybe to many O A.P'S     

cheers people

On ‎28‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:35 PM, dfdgfdfdgs said:

And you don't need to buy a wifi package as well, by the way, in case you don't realise that.  The data package works by itself.

On 1/5/2018 at 5:07 AM, KneeDeep said:

All of the orange machines have English. You just have to choose the English flag.

They don't, I've used ones that don't have any language other than Thai.  You can still use them if you have used the user interface before but if using for the first time you wouldn't know it was asking you to enter your number, or choose a top up amount, for example.

Archived