Indian man nabbed for stealing at Suvarnabhumi airport

webfact

2 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

He also claimed that he didn’t know how to contact the wallet’s owner because there was no contact number in the bag, so he decided to return to the airport today to contact officials to locate the real owner.

They should cut his right hand off. Problem solved. :shock1:

that's a bit harsh ...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, KICHIKRISH said:

Perhaps both Ratcher and Happy Enough maybe in for the biggest surprise to my being or not being an Indian, Latino, African American ? It may shock you frankly?

But to answer Ratcher question, YES I often in my job in Management have reprimand Indians too, who monopolize our IT Department and slur discreetly.

As to if this incident was a Russian or Muslim and a profanity hurled. I would have certainly said so vehemently.

Not to mention the typical stereo typing of Thai ladies married to Westerners here in USA. The scorn shown by many local women at them. Even if a certain pattern exists due poverty in various communities worldwide, why do we look at each person similarly.

I actually only recently started viewing the news on this website, so can not comment on past articles. Frankly I never realized that my comment with honesty would draw so much attention. Yet I am happy, because it brings to debate the disharmony of race between many communities. I have no personal anger against each of you who didn't like my opinion. Trust me?

pretty indian sounding username mate. just tell the truth

1 minute ago, speedtripler said:
3 hours ago, catman20 said:

when i go through the airport security i dont take my eyes off my wallet or belongings no one would stay a chance stealing my things.

That sounds like a challenge... :smile:

I always wear a sports coat. All my miscellaneous junk goes in it, so at the end, it's just coat, shoes & belt to grab.

3 minutes ago, jaywalker said:

I always wear a sports coat. All my miscellaneous junk goes in it, so at the end, it's just coat, shoes & belt to grab.

I keep wads of cash on my person 

Smartphone or something valuable like that I put through the scanner in my shoe or wrapped in a clothing on the tray so it looks like there's nothing to steal to an observer 

12 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

pretty indian sounding username mate. just tell the truth

If my reply to say I am INDIAN and that makes you very content with your narrative then most certainly let YES be it? but you are welcome to visit Washington DC and have a pint of the finest and see the shade of our ale or me ?

Just now, KICHIKRISH said:

If my reply to say I am INDIAN and that makes you very content with your narrative then most certainly let YES be it? but you are welcome to visit Washington DC and have a pint of the finest and see the shade of our ale or me ?

i saw your reply 5 minutes ago. thanks for the offer but i'd rather stay here, cheers

2 hours ago, KICHIKRISH said:

This is humbly very racist and stereo types people of a specific ethnicity. It does not reflect well for a newspaper of The Nation or Thai Visa credibility. 

Respectfully stick to the news, punish offenders of every nationality, and lets not derogate in blogs to create hate between one another, as crime exists everywhere not only in specific countries.

ok .... sorry,  what about '  those pesky dark skin chaps are up to no good. '   lol

42 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

of course he's indian. that's why he's been so touchy about it. had it been an english person for example, the headline would have stated so no doubt

So what if he is Indian? I do not remember him being touchy about the fact that the headline said the thief was Indian. He singled out a specific racist comment that stated that "Pesky Indians should stick to making suits". Whether he is Indian or not is irrelevant.

6 minutes ago, Ochomo said:

So what if he is Indian? I do not remember him being touchy about the fact that the headline said the thief was Indian. He singled out a specific racist comment that stated that "Pesky Indians should stick to making suits". Whether he is Indian or not is irrelevant.

But can he also make suits when he isn't stealing wallets? That's the really important question here.... :smile:

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

ok .... sorry,  what about '  those pesky dark skin chaps are up to no good. '   lol

"UP TO NO GOOD" = OUT

BLACK LISTED

Period "end of story", unrelated to Black Brown or White.

If statistics reveal that a particular ethinicity are having a systematic pattern of crime, the immigration and government bodies should enhance there screening for entry.

Let us both not be the jury on "ALL THE GOOD MEN"?

That creates an endless situation of disharmony between communities.

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Those pesky Indians are up to no good ....  the same as those pesky foreigners sometimes, so everyone is pesky until they get caught stealing .....   :shock1:

They should make him make a suit for the original owner of the wallet free of charge..... 

6 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

But can he also make suits when he isn't stealing wallets? That's the really important question here.... :smile:

"Suits and Stealing Wallets"

Any intelligent individual can see the subtlety of the sarcasm of posts, that the chain of the post itself highlights on how far apart we are as individuals today in social harmony.

Look at the comments and compare it with the news item and video. You have crucified a community of Indian tailors in Thailand for this episode. Where as nowhere is that ever mentioned as to was he a tourist, tailor or local resident.

Distortion of news and creating an artificial hysteria because of hatred of a specific community. Reflects the views of very biased forum members. Its so obvious to see.

Then we wonder and complain, why there is backlash of disproportionate nature by these communities, religions or ethnicities. 

We need to all of us create an environment where we all live peacefully. If we dont like specific people simply politely keep away from them gracefully.

Its obvious that this Forum is very Western biased and the minorities are not vociferous enough to speak articulately. 

I came to enjoy the news and humor, but unwittingly got into a racism debate?

Happy New Year lets all of us live peacefully. Use Credit Debit Cards, dont carry 25000 Baht Wads of Cash in this digital age for our own safety?

1 minute ago, KICHIKRISH said:

Any intelligent individual can see the subtlety of the sarcasm of posts, that the chain of the post itself highlights on how far apart we are as individuals today in social harmony.

Look at the comments and compare it with the news item and video. You have crucified a community of Indian tailors in Thailand for this episode. Where as nowhere is that ever mentioned as to was he a tourist, tailor or local resident.

Distortion of news and creating an artificial hysteria because of hatred of a specific community. Reflects the views of very biased forum members. Its so obvious to see.

Then we wonder and complain, why there is backlash of disproportionate nature by these communities, religions or ethnicities. 

We need to all of us create an environment where we all live peacefully. If we dont like specific people simply politely keep away from them gracefully.

Its obvious that this Forum is very Western biased and the minorities are not vociferous enough to speak articulately. 

Happy New Year lets all of us live peacefully. Use Credit Debit Cards, dont carry 25000 Baht Wads of Cash in this digital age for our own safety?

Said the owner of the suit shop.... 

11 minutes ago, KICHIKRISH said:

I love everybody ,    and I love indian food ....  especially beef vindaloo and tandori chicken  ....   yumm ...:licklips:

7 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I love everybody ,    and I love indian food ....  especially beef vindaloo and tandori chicken  ....   yumm ...:licklips:

I am very biased to "Italian Tailoring" there cuts are the finest, the cloth superb and design unique.

Long term and special occasions its worth every dollar trust me

All the rest of the tailored suits are simply copies and many a times they get it wrong in Bangkok so horribly?

4 minutes ago, KICHIKRISH said:

I am very biased to "Italian Tailoring" there cuts are the finest, the cloth superb and design unique.

Long term and special occasions its worth every dollar trust me

All the rest of the tailored suits are simply copies and many a times they get it wrong in Bangkok so horribly?

I've  never tried a Indian suitmaker in bkk but I wouldn't expect Italian quality for the prices they quote..... 

If you can't buy suits off the rack it's probably the only option for some people

8 hours ago, catman20 said:

when i go through the airport security i dont take my eyes off my wallet or belongings no one would stay a chance stealing my things.

Why do people take their wallet out to get it X rayed ?  Mine is always in my carry on backpack. NEVER have a wallet in your back pocket in the Land of Thieves

21 hours ago, catman20 said:

I wonder whether this is security at domestic end because otherwise wouldn't the guy have been on a plane and leaving the country? Then he flew back in only 3 days later, claiming simply to return a wallet?

On 12/28/2017 at 8:48 PM, KICHIKRISH said:

This is humbly very racist and stereo types people of a specific ethnicity. It does not reflect well for a newspaper of The Nation or Thai Visa credibility. 

Respectfully stick to the news, punish offenders of every nationality, and lets not derogate in blogs to create hate between one another, as crime exists everywhere not only in specific countries.

This is news and is reported in an unbiased manner. It is not stereotyping to pint out that this man was an Indian visitor. Considering the fact that the Indian media regularly reports in a similar manner this should not upset Indian nationals. I remind you that the Indian press and Indians as a whole have blamed the western women when they were violently gang raped, emphasizing that their being westerners and females was in large part the cause of their brutal assaults.I also remind you that  Indians regularly take into account the caste of a criminal and a victim when discussing a crime. Thais and westerners do not do this. Your hurt sensibilities are noted and we extend our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Edited by geriatrickid

On 12/29/2017 at 12:28 AM, KICHIKRISH said:

Keep you poor advice to yourself.  Your comment does illustrate that you are clueless. 

The event occurred at the airport and you state that one should not  carry a large amount of baht and instead rely on credit cards and a debit card.

Credit cards and Thailand. Oh yes, you really know your stuff.

On 12/30/2017 at 3:31 PM, geriatrickid said:

Keep you poor advice to yourself.  Your comment does illustrate that you are clueless. 

The event occurred at the airport and you state that one should not  carry a large amount of baht and instead rely on credit cards and a debit card.

Credit cards and Thailand. Oh yes, you really know your stuff.

A very Happy New Year to you my dear friend geriatrickid? Forget the blog enjoy the season and perfect moment? I respect your comment and our differing views. Your opinion is not Racist,  and that is all I actually care about?

Oh, by the way, I forget to mention the individual whose wallet was stolen was a Thai National and did not need show one Baht to Immigration.

So forget the 20,000 Baht Rule web link you attached in glee trying to educate me, on subjects you are so ignorant about. May the last laugh be on you Sir in 2017?

So as the year closes, perhaps you will do your homework more intelligently in 2018, and then we can have a nice healthy debate over a glass of wine and coffee (I will give you a choice for that). Only let me choose the location in Mclean VA, as presently I am very far from Thailand.

Why both of us need to argue. Let the damn thief get 2 years in jail for his misdeeds. I will cheer for that certainly.

God Bless your family. Today that is the most important thing to think about. ?