LED Motorbike bulbs

Pond Life

Best bet is Lazada.com, and then you don't even have to leave the house. 

I can't count the number of hours I've saved ordering stuff from Lazada, AliExpress and Amazon instead of scrounging the markets that are hit and miss at best.  Admittedly, there's something to be said for touching and holding a product before plunking down the coin.  But when I assign any $$$ value to my time, online is the way to shop.

Sadly, Lazada's search function is still abysmal compared to the others (that's a hint to any Lazada employees that may be reading in- but you already know it stinks.  And another hint- the new format that doesn't allow viewing 120 items per page is a monumental step backwards).  But their selection of aftermarket LED lights for cars and scooters will dwarf any local shop's.

Edit: I'd add that in 100+ Lazada transactions, I've never been cheated once.  It may happen tomorrow, but over 100 for 100 is a pretty good history.

Edited by impulse

I bought my replacement LED bulbs in an all-LED shop in the Ban Mo neighbourhood of Bangkok, a few blocks away from the Royal Palace.  It's a rabbit warren of electronic component shops so I can't tell you exactly where it is, but it's worth a wander around if you're into that.  Bring your existing bulb with you so you can physically match with the replacement, they didn't understand that I was looking for an H6B style but I spotted the correct one as we opened about a dozen boxes.

Don't be shocked that there will be a little box on the wire leading to the bulb, it's the controller, or that there's a fan built into the base of the bulb housing.

I made a video showing my replacement bulbs: 

Thanks for all the replies.

I found what I needed on Chang Moi rd, as suggested.

Yes Lazada is great, but being able to hold the old & new in your hand for comparison is priceless.

As I found out recently when I bought what looked like AA batteries & turned out to be significantly bigger.

On 29/12/2017 at 2:58 PM, mwbrown said:

I bought my replacement LED bulbs in an all-LED shop in the Ban Mo neighbourhood of Bangkok, a few blocks away from the Royal Palace.  It's a rabbit warren of electronic component shops so I can't tell you exactly where it is, but it's worth a wander around if you're into that.  Bring your existing bulb with you so you can physically match with the replacement, they didn't understand that I was looking for an H6B style but I spotted the correct one as we opened about a dozen boxes.

Don't be shocked that there will be a little box on the wire leading to the bulb, it's the controller, or that there's a fan built into the base of the bulb housing.

I made a video showing my replacement bulbs: 

Excellent video.

I’m sure this will help other fellow bikers here :thumbsup:

On 12/31/2017 at 3:00 PM, twizzian said:

Excellent video.

I’m sure this will help other fellow bikers here :thumbsup:

I can't imagine why there would be the need for a fan for LED lights they generate very little heat!  I have been through several sets and none of them have a fan!?  In Europe, they were selling a controller that would modulate the power, so that the lights blinked at a slow pace (this was req'd in Switzerland...but not in France).  I didn't bother with the box controller, the LED lights blink at 3x the speed of the original bulb lights...but no one has complained.  :)  Great topic by the way, I was also trying to find a source.  I stopped at the Paddock in BKK but they weren't able to help.

1 hour ago, Gregorio1 said:

I can't imagine why there would be the need for a fan for LED lights they generate very little heat!  I have been through several sets and none of them have a fan!?  In Europe, they were selling a controller that would modulate the power, so that the lights blinked at a slow pace (this was req'd in Switzerland...but not in France).  I didn't bother with the box controller, the LED lights blink at 3x the speed of the original bulb lights...but no one has complained.  :)  Great topic by the way, I was also trying to find a source.  I stopped at the Paddock in BKK but they weren't able to help.

The current generation of LED headlight bulb design does get hot and needs the fan to keep the bulb alive for a good long life.  Check the LED bulbs available on Lazada or AliExpress, unless they are very low power like for a blinker light, they almost always have a fan.

On 29/12/2017 at 2:43 PM, Pond Life said:

Thanks for all the replies.

I found what I needed on Chang Moi rd, as suggested.

Yes Lazada is great, but being able to hold the old & new in your hand for comparison is priceless.

As I found out recently when I bought what looked like AA batteries & turned out to be significantly bigger.

Do the shops on Chiang Moi have the fan cooled motorcycle headlight LED bulbs ?

On 1/2/2018 at 6:29 PM, mwbrown said:

The current generation of LED headlight bulb design does get hot and needs the fan to keep the bulb alive for a good long life.  Check the LED bulbs available on Lazada or AliExpress, unless they are very low power like for a blinker light, they almost always have a fan.

You are correct, I have only replaced my turn signals with LEDs, not the headlight. Thanks for the 'heads up'!

On 1/2/2018 at 3:29 PM, mwbrown said:

Great topic by the way, I was also trying to find a source.  I stopped at the Paddock in BKK but they weren't able to help.

In BKK, Bang Mo Electronics market near Chinatown is a good place, as well as "the building of everything to make a car look like it's going faster and smelling better", right around the corner from Khlong Thom Market, also in Chinatown.  Also, lots of vendors in the bowels of Khlong Thom market itself and the surrounding alleys.

Khlong Thom (Thieves) Market  13°44'47.75"N 100°30'24.18"E

"The building of everything to make a car look like it's going faster and smelling better"  13°44'50.91"N 100°30'29.09"E

Bang Mo Everything Electronic  13°44'45.89"N 100°29'53.67"E

Edited by impulse

Be aware that sometimes you may need to change the indicator 'flasher unit' if you are fitting led bulbs to a bike that normally uses normal filament globes.

The filament globe flasher unit works by resistance part of which is via the globe itself.

LED bulbs have very little resistance which can 'confuse' the standard flasher unit.  This may result in the indicator flashing a lot faster than usual or....tripping a circuit within the bikes wiring system.

It happened to my little DTracker. Local mechanic couldn't repair so it had to go to Kawasaki. It was a simple reset for them but a pain in the proverbial for me.

It pays to get an LED flasher unit, there are other ways around this like adding a resister to each LED globe...but that can be a bit of a job.

LED indicator bulbs are easy to find/buy and are no longer expensive.  Sangchai Panich in Chiang Mai have good stock and various colours.

Edited by CMKiwi

The bulbs I bought have no fan. They have 2 LEDs, 1 for low beam & both for high.

I can't see it written what the power is.

In my case my only aim is to reduce the current draw, as I have twin headlights running from the original generator.

My generator is currently blown & I didn't want to replace it until I'd reduced the load that possibly killed it.

20180105_145744.jpg