New Year's Resolutions

Hello fellow Islanders!

New Year's resolutions. We have all heard of them, and some of us have even made them, so I thought that I would post a bit...

What are the common resolutions? According to Wikipedia, they are;

• Improve physical well-being: eat healthy food, lose weightexercise more, eat better, drink less alcoholquit smoking, stop biting nails, get rid of old bad habits
  • Improve mental well-being: think positive, laugh more often, enjoy life
  • Improve finances: get out of debt, save money, make small investments
  • Improve career: perform better at current job, get a better job, establish own business
  • Improve education: improve grades, get a better education, learn something new (such as a foreign language or music), study often, read more books, improve talents
  • Improve self: become more organized, reduce stress, be less grumpymanage time, be more independent, perhaps watch less television, play fewer sitting-down video games
  • Take a trip
  • Volunteer to help others, practice life skills, use civic virtue, give to charity, volunteer to work part-time in a charity organization
  • Get along better with people, improve social skills, enhance social intelligence
  • Make new friends
  • Spend quality time with family members
  • Settle down, get engaged/get married, have kids
  • Pray more, be more spiritual
  • Be more involved in sports or different activities
  • Spend less time on social media (such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr etc.)

I would especially draw your attention to the last item on the list... :cheesy: Yes, I see the irony...

One of the most common is to lose weight and get fit, sometimes with... er... ahem... less than outstanding results. There was a great story from 2014 where a health club called Planet Fitness was able to have a gym with a capacity for 300 people yet have a membership of 6,000 people. Yes, you guessed it, few people showed up after the initial thrill of the resolution wore off.

I have never actually made a New Year's Resolution, although like most people I have thought about it. However, this year I have decided to take the plunge. Here goes... I resolve to lose 30 pounds/13-14 Kilos by July 01, 2018. Naturally, with the anonymity granted in social media, no one will actually know if I have achieved it or not, so I decided to make a second resolution; I will report back July 01, 2018.

Okay, that is me...

Anyone else?

Happy New Year to All!

Edited by Samui Bodoh
Lack of coffee

My New Year resolution from last year was to get rid of three kg too much weight; presume still valid, as I by now only need five more kg to go...:sad:
Considers to change my New Year resolution this year, and spend less time on TV-forum, and do more beach walks with the dogs; or just alone, if the dogs feels it's too much walking-the-dog...:wink:

–And I definitely don't make any resolution about cutting the amount of double creme pepper-sauce for my steaks...:whistling: