Pattaya apartment fire starts with a bang

webfact

Pattaya apartment fire starts with a bang

By The Nation

79c51cdbb6a448f74b73fe338d6b132a.jpeg

An electrical transformer mounted on a pole adjacent to a Pattaya apartment building’s second floor exploded early Friday morning, setting part of the building on fire.

Tourists and residents were drawn by the 5am blast and resulting fire at the Momento Apartment and Restaurant in Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district. 

Some suggested the apartment block had been built too close to to the high-voltage power pole, perhaps illegally.

Four fire engines responded and crews spent half an hour extinguishing the blaze.

Police suspect that a short circuit caused the explosion and fire.

The apartment building’s maintenance room and several vacant flats were damaged, but no one was injured.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30335033

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-12-29

>>Some suggested the apartment block had been built too close to to the high-voltage power pole, perhaps illegally.<<  Probably the other way around .When i bought a Condo in the new at the time Park lane Jomtien ,I had a transformer placed on a pole about 10 meters from my balcony and at the same height .Luckily sold it off to a Russian ,when Russians were buying up Pattaya around 2011 .

Edited by anto

5 hours ago, shaurene said:

Wow, suspect it was a short circuit. Jeez, the CIA AND FBI WILL BE WANTING TO KNOW THEIR SECRET KNOW HOW.

I did wounder what sort of bang it was...:tongue:

TIP (This Is Pattaya)

Edited by Basil B