DVD completely stuck in my MacBook Pro

Sheryl

I have already tried the following to no avail:

1. Pressing the Eject button on keyboard (obviously -- nothing happens)

3. Clicking on the Eject button in the menubar. (Nothing happens)

4. Rebooting the computer holding the option key down, waiting for the boot drive options to appear, then pressing the eject key on the keyboard. (Nothing happened)

5. Restarting the computer and after the chime pressing and holding down the left mouse button until the disc ejects. (Nothing happens - I use a touchpad not mouse, don't know if that is why)

6. Terminal application   /usr/bin/drutil eject   (Nothing happens)

7. Pressing COMMAND-E (niothing happens)

8. Pressing COMMAND-S (Lots of whirring noises from the drive, which is more than naything else elicited, but still doesn't eject, even holding it sideways).

The disk is ntoi showing in Finder. I went to Preferncesm, checked the box to show DVD, still nothing

Seriously out of ideas here (and pretty sick of rebooting my computer..)

MacBook Pro 2012

Yosemite OSX 10.10.5

Suggestions?

Thanks. #2 fails completely (I think it is simply not recognizing that there is a disk in there, so the eject button has no effect and shaking it sideways does nto help)

For microsurgery using a paper cl;ip I will wait until I am better rested and perhaps more desperate

I really think the issue is that it does nto read the drive as having anything in it. If I could address that, the eject button might work...

Thanks. #2 fails completely (I think it is simply not recognizing that there is a disk in there, so the eject button has no effect and shaking it sideways does nto help)

For microsurgery using a paper cl;ip I will wait until I am better rested and perhaps more desperate

I really think the issue is that it does nto read the drive as having anything in it. If I could address that, the eject button might work...

My diagnosis head on (bear with me)

A, Might be a faulty dvd reader then, you say device manager is not identifying disc.

B, If it were me, I’d get a mini torch in the slot or ask a technician to briefly look & check it out.

C, Lastly, worst case scenario is going to be costly as it’s fixed within the body & you know what that means.

@lemonjelly

Your not alone there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, there was a disc there.

After some more web searching, this time not for stuck DVD but Macbook failing to read DVD,  found the answer which was to open Disk Utility.

Actually was supposed to dop something else after opening it, but s soon as Disk Utility was opened, the thing ejected!!!!

I have since re-inserted it and it read correctly.

Some glitch where it just wasn't reading it as being there hence would nto eject it.

Archived