Thai man gets 13,275 years jail for 5 billion baht Ponzi scheme - but will do only 20

rooster59

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Its usually either comply with the ruling or stay in jail until you do

There's no way this guy Ponzi'd 5bn baht in 13 months if the best name he could come up with for his company was "International Holding co. ltd.". He's being paid to do time so the police can close the case and the real villains get away with the loot.

3 minutes ago, Hooliganzone said:

The article says, The man who ripped off more than 1000 people to the tune of 5 billion baht.

He has also been ordered to repay 1.3 billion baht. 

So he is 3.7 billion baht up when he gets out in 20 years.

Doesn't make any sense to me...:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

The 1.3 B Bhat may have just been the profit that he made .

If it was a ponzi scheme , he would have had to pay out investors

Anyone investing their hard earned money in Thailand is always taking a huge risk as most ventures turn sour & someone ends up losing everything here. There's no protection or guarantee ever of getting your money back once you have released it for whatever purpose. I've never witnessed so much corruption in one place & a lot of it exists between expats too. This country just attracts criminals due to the weak judicial system here & most of the prison sentences & fines do not fit the crime. I would certainly welcome a strong government policy against corruption ....... a penal colony that specializes in "hard labour" would be an excellent idea. Thailand has many uninhabited islands, which could be used for this purpose where the "dregs of society" could be detained.

3 minutes ago, midas said:

Well it's pretty evident from this that Thailand considers its far more important to eradicate Ponzi schemes than seeking justice when a rich kid kills a cop

Please stop going on about the red bull heir .

Nearly every thread , every occurrence gets compared to him

16 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Please stop going on about the red bull heir .

Nearly every thread , every occurrence gets compared to him

yes probably because it's one of the best examples to illustrate there is no such thing as Justice in Thailand:giggle:

Edited by midas

2 minutes ago, midas said:

yes probably because it's one of the best examples to illustrate there is no such thing as Justice in Thailand:giggle:

One example doesnt prove anything though .

And it gets tedious keep reading about him on TV

Yes, before you mention it : We all know that there is corruption in thailand

2 minutes ago, F4UCorsair said:

Thou shalt not be caught.

Perhaps he should have made that his first one HaHa-------- I think I would have retired a couple of yrs ago, Disappeared to a nice quiet retirement on a few million,and just laid low !!!!!

8 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

If only Thailand went back to the "cash days" then this guy would have to stop cause otherwise he would sleep in the street with his house filled up with 1.000 baht notes.

Moving the cash on a daily basis, putting it in a pickup, securing it, driving it home, unloading it, would already take most of his day. And you cant hire Burmese to do that for you for 300 baht a day.

All i want to say is that the amount of money is almost unimaginable to me.

Obviously U don't move in the right circles...........................:cheesy:

2 hours ago, F4UCorsair said:

And 54 yo, with 20 of his best years gone......no deal from where I stand.

First he probably not do the full 20 years...

Then supposedly made 5 billion THB, ordered to pay back 1.3 billion THB so that leaves 3.7 Billion THB.

OK probably does not have that much stacked away, lets assume he only has 10% stashed away,  370 Million THB = $12million USD/£9 Million GBP

I am sure some of it could be used to bribe prison guards, and when he gets out he will still be loaded...

Edited by Basil B

15 hours ago, jerojero said:

Excellent! 20 years later he was collects his billions and lives like a king into retirement.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

With reductions for good behaviour, gifts of remissions each year during King & Queens birthdays etc he can be free in about 8-10 years to begin enjoying his billions. He would still be very young.