Stolen Non Immigrant B Visa

Hello I am British, 36 years old and didn't loose my virginity until I was 17.

I recently had a 12 month multiple entry visa issued at Hull until somebody decided to steal my passport.

I have recieved a new passport from the British Embassy and went to Immigration at Satthorn where they stamped me in up the the expiry date of my first entry, but refused to replace my full visa saying I had to speak to the issuing consul.

Is there anything I can do to rectify the situation (so far Hull havn't been very helpfull) or anybody (ie a visa service) who can sort this out for me legally ?

Cheers

goto be a troll, whats it got to do with your virginity?

It said at the begining that I had to enter my age and nationallity, I thought other light hearted information would help me laugh my way through this infuriating situation (it's ajoke!!).

Anyway I'm not a troll I really have had my passport nicked and I'm trying to get my Non Imm B visa back

Cheers

goto be a troll, whats it got to do with your virginity?

It said at the begining that I had to enter my age and nationallity, I thought other light hearted information would help me laugh my way through this infuriating situation (it's ajoke!!).

Anyway I'm not a troll I really have had my passport nicked and I'm trying to get my Non Imm B visa back

Cheers

The British Embassy charged you for a new passport, as will the Thai Consul at Hull charge you to reissue the Non - Immigrant B visa. Both offices work on the all care, no responsibility principle. You have to take all responsibility for your actions. Alas, that's life.

Hello I am British, 36 years old and didn't loose my virginity until I was 17.

I recently had a 12 month multiple entry visa issued at Hull until somebody decided to steal my passport.

I have recieved a new passport from the British Embassy and went to Immigration at Satthorn where they stamped me in up the the expiry date of my first entry, but refused to replace my full visa saying I had to speak to the issuing consul.

Is there anything I can do to rectify the situation (so far Hull havn't been very helpfull) or anybody (ie a visa service) who can sort this out for me legally ?

Cheers

you will find that being a non-virgin, will not help your situation. However, if you live life as a monk for the next 12 months your visa situation will improve.

sorry, couldnt resist :o

There must be somebody out there who has dealt with this situation and has managed to resolve it without having to return to the uk

You didn't answer the previous question about what basis you got the visa on, what category it was and how long you want to stay. If it was just visiting friends or family then you can go to a neighbouring country and apply for a single entry Non Imm O (for 90 days) or get tourist visas (60 +30 days) and visa free stamps (30 days) until you want to leave Thailand. Multi entry Non Imm are rarely issued in neighbouring countries. Check out this forum for places to go. If it was cat B then it's another story.

Edit : Sorry I now see that you say it's a 'B" in the title. now that's difficult.

Back to the beer for me then :o

Edited by Mahout Angrit

There must be somebody out there who has dealt with this situation and has managed to resolve it without having to return to the uk

Let’s look at an analogous situation:

You travel from the UK to Thailand with a 1000-Baht banknote in your wallet. In Thailand, your wallet gets stolen. You go to a local bank and ask for the banknote to be re-issued to you.

--

Maestro

Guys

Its obviously a wind up........... have you not checked out his name

Sileakhunt........pretty obvious really

JAF

Trust me it isn't a wind up I post on a number of other boards which you can check //drop links removed// (non thai related) SiLeakHunt will show up on google searches as this name. I picked that name because it's light hearted and now use it all the time on the net.

Cheers

Edited by tywais
Drop links to other forums are not allowed

Let's look at an analogous situation:

You travel from the UK to Thailand with a 1000-Baht banknote in your wallet. In Thailand, your wallet gets stolen. You go to a local bank and ask for the banknote to be re-issued to you.

--

Maestro

That's probably an oversimplified analagy.

The visa was issued to me by an agent of the Thai Immigration in the UK, it isn't a banknote that can simply be exchanged for booze, fags and a trip upstairs in abar on Soi 8.

When the "paperwork" that confirms that I have been issued the privilage of a Visa has been stolen, the UK agent issues another bit of paperwork to say that I was issued that privilage to start with and the Thai people say that's not good enough you have to fly back to England then you can have it even if though we know it should be yours to start with.

In the analagy you've drawn I'd get back to Bolton and the Barmaid in the Greenwood would say,"Carling's off will Stella do, Oh and there's a letter here for you."

Then pass me an envelope with my 1000 baht in it.

Cheers

PS sorry to sound narky like but I'm in a tough spot and asked if anyone could draw on personal experience rather than logical conjecture which is what you intelligently but erroneously offered.

you still didn't answer your EX non-imm B visa was issued based on what? employment? partnership? investment?

there's no way to have it RE-issued. i'm afraind you have to apply for again, can be at thai embassy / consulate in neighbour countries, but as ppl mentioned before, that might only allows you to stay 90 days max. however, it's possible to apply for extension at immgration office in thailand, while the permission of staying days - still, depending on what your propose is: job? investing?

It was issued on the basis that I whilst in Thailand I work on behalf of a UK entity (ie myself as I am self employed)

Cheers

Then if you have your work permit and paperwork legal then it wont be impossible to get a non B in local SEA consuls and have visa extensions in country..

You are working legally I presume ??