MB taxi on new year eve

smedly

I just got a taxi home from my regular rank and they have come up with the bright idea of charging 100baht for my normal ride home which is in fact correct price 25baht (1km) but I always pay 40baht which I have been doing for years at least 3-4 times a week.................they really are taking the piss

anyway never mind..................he got 40baht as usual, I can walk in 10min ..................................  stupidity here knows no bounds, these guys are well paid don't kid yourself that they are not, 40baht is pretty good when the transport they provide is a cheap motorbike and you do the maths 

rant over 

I heard some where charging 200baht for what would normally have been a 40baht short 2km ride, if they are going to start BS like this I will make a point of walking 

the charges tariff have been  set by city hall

1km - 25baht  (I always pay 40baht that's a 15baht tip)

+5 baht for each km after than

so a 4km ride should be no more than 40baht

I once challenged  (for fun) asking them how much for 1km, and while standing right in front of the sign at the rank they said 40baht (the sign is in Thai), I just laughed and pointed behind them were it clearly says 25baht.............the look on their faces lol

also, the driver last night was driving like a lunatic, I had to tell him 3 times to slow down, on reflection I should have told him to stop and got off and walked. I have a motorbike which I leave at home when going out drinking, I expect the MB taxi driver that takes me home to be sober and driving carefully otherwise what is the point.

4 hours ago, SidJames said:

I now walk to the next soi to where I live to get a mb taxi after my local one put their prices up 20%.

Been using them at least 3-4 a week for 5 years, now they get zilch.

put prices up from what to what

the tariff is set by the local authority as I detailed above, they cannot just put prices up.

1 hour ago, smedly said:

the tariff is set by the local authority as I detailed above, they cannot just put prices up.

Much like taxis have their meters turned on & also charge set tariffs.

There's a long running ad on 103FM advising people not to drink/drive & that's there's a MB taxi on nearly every corner.

I wonder if sober MB taxi drivers cost more?

Ah but they can and will, a few regular customers moving on will not affect them one bit.....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Archived