Renew motorbike tax

2 hours ago, phetphet said:

Do you mean the compulsory insurance? Where do you buy that? From a different counter?

My insurance broker supplied a certificate last year, with my first class insurance. But not this year.

On the way in to the center, do a right (Left are the counters) and there is a desk where they sell 3rd party insurance.

Go to any insurance company or to Dan Auto in Maenam they will provide you with the compulsory insurance and will do the road tax for you. Just leave the green book there and they will call you when everything is ready for pick up after a few days.
Auto Dan will also do the check-up for a motorbike if it is older than 5 years (cars is 7 years). No need to drive to Lipa Noi yourself. Unless you are living near there of course.
Good luck

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

HEADS UP.  

Anyone going to renew car or bike tax.

I went to Lipa Noi yesterday afternoon. I was told "Servers not working. Come back next week". Lady said she didn't know for how long.

I managed to buy the compulsory insurance, so not a totally wasted journey.

Go to any insurance company or to Dan Auto in Maenam they will provide you with the compulsory insurance and will do the road tax for you. Just leave the green book there and they will call you when everything is ready for pick up after a few days.
Auto Dan will also do the check-up for a motorbike if it is older than 5 years (cars is 7 years). No need to drive to Lipa Noi yourself. Unless you are living near there of course.
Good luck

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If not older than 5 years: Take a Thai friend with his/her id card and the green book to a 7/11 and you can do both there, the tax paper comes by mail.

If the 7/11 has a sticker like this at the door it means you can do it there, i think most 7/11 can do it: 59dc1b7a21ee0_Bildschirmfoto2017-10-10um