The Wedding Present: Live in Bangkok

5 hours ago, SriRachaShark said:

I saw them a lot during that period too. Always a great live band.

There is now a Facebook page for the Bangkok gig https://www.facebook.com/Wedding.Present.Live.In.Bangkok/

Pity about the timing though mate. Gedge is usually out and about before the gig starts so keep yours eyes open. If you see him, take him down Nana for a pint :)

On 1/4/2018 at 5:46 PM, sharktooth said:

Pity about the timing though mate. Gedge is usually out and about before the gig starts so keep yours eyes open. If you see him, take him down Nana for a pint :)

Shame you'll miss it. I'll make sure I buy him a pint on your behalf.

40 minutes ago, SriRachaShark said:

Shame you'll miss it. I'll make sure I buy him a pint on your behalf.

Haha cheers. Gutted to be missing it. Would never have thought they would have played here. I hope they get a good turnout. Still listen to them in the car :)

18 hours ago, sharktooth said:

Haha cheers. Gutted to be missing it. Would never have thought they would have played here. I hope they get a good turnout. Still listen to them in the car :)

They've already sung in French, German, Welsh and Ukrainian. I wonder if they'll attempt to sing in Thai?

50 minutes ago, SriRachaShark said:

They've already sung in French, German, Welsh and Ukrainian. I wonder if they'll attempt to sing in Thai?

Haha... “Everyone Thinks he Looks Khrap”

Havent listened to anything newer than Watusi. Be gutted if I went and they didn’t play the old stuff.

32 minutes ago, sharktooth said:

Haha... “Everyone Thinks he Looks Khrap”

Havent listened to anything newer than Watusi. Be gutted if I went and they didn’t play the old stuff.

Ha, ha!

I'm sure they'll play a lot of the old stuff. When I went to see Buzzcocks a few years ago, their set was virtually all pre-1980 songs.

18 minutes ago, SriRachaShark said:

Ha, ha!

I'm sure they'll play a lot of the old stuff. When I went to see Buzzcocks a few years ago, their set was virtually all pre-1980 songs.

I never get to hear of these events. Only found out Morrissey was coming last year when I heard the news it was cancelled.

Did the Buzzcocks play Orgasm Addict down Nana?

22 hours ago, sharktooth said:

Liam Gallagher is also playing Bangkok. I knew nothing about that either.

Liam was just here for the money. Played exactly one hour and stopped. Lights on. The end. A real ripoff. His brother did a much better job a few years back.

14 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Liam was just here for the money. Played exactly one hour and stopped. Lights on. The end. A real ripoff. His brother did a much better job a few years back.

Not a great gig then? I’m not really into his solo stuff anyway. Did you go?

1 minute ago, sharktooth said:

Not a great gig then? I’m not really into his solo stuff anyway. Did you go?

Yes. He was doing fine. I'm not bothered about having a lot of chat or anything and he was going ok. But stopped almost bang on one hour, like he was being paid for an hour and that's all you get.The lights went on and that was that. The tickets were about double the price from when Noel was here a few years ago (with Hugo as a warm-up act as well). It definitely wasn't value for money but Liam's made a few quid from it.

4 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Yes. He was doing fine. I'm not bothered about having a lot of chat or anything and he was going ok. But stopped almost bang on one hour, like he was being paid for an hour and that's all you get.The lights went on and that was that. The tickets were about double the price from when Noel was here a few years ago (with Hugo as a warm-up act as well). It definitely wasn't value for money but Liam's made a few quid from it.

Then again, maybe there was something in the contract. Saw Oasis in ‘95 in a small venue. He’s always been a bit of an arrogant dick, but for some that’s his appeal.

On 1/13/2018 at 1:27 PM, KhaoNiaw said:

For me he's no Ian Brown. Didn't really have much swagger on him last night. Just came on, did a decent hour's work and got off. 

Love the Roses, but let’s be honest... Ian Brown couldn’t exactly hold a note :)

Apparently Gallagher had sound problems, so buggered off after an hour.

• 2 months later...