Embassy pension letter for visa extension

AFAIR you need a new embassy letter every year.

That has been my experience with Immigration at Nakhon Sawan.

They usually keep the original as it is embossed (from the British Embassy anyway).

Other Immigration offices may differ.

I suspect that is to stop you from printing your own.

have thought about this myself    the letter is only valid for 6 months   less in some im office?       they always take the original  as it contains   either the embossed stamp or raised embassy stamp so copies will not provide this

this info is for UK letter   submitted  at Sakon  Nakhon office   maybe be different office 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

AFAIR you need a new embassy letter every year.

That has been my experience with Immigration at Nakhon Sawan.

They usually keep the original as it is embossed (from the British Embassy anyway).

Other Immigration offices may differ.

I suspect that is to stop you from printing your own.

you posted milli seconds before me  so we agree

• Like 1

5 hours ago, elviajero said:

As long as it's still in date (usually no more than 6 months old) you can use it more than once.

However, as the extension is for 12 months it won't be in date the second time you want to use it.

30 minutes ago, billd766 said:

However, as the extension is for 12 months it won't be in date the second time you want to use it.

Yes, but it doesn’t change the answer to the question asked.

Someone applying for a non-immigrant visa in Thailand, as a prerequisite to an extension based of stay based on retirement, will typically use the same letter to apply for the visa and then the extension.

I recall I gave a copy of the letter to the consul in Vientiane when they issued me the visa and then gave CM Immigration the original 3 months later for my 1 year extension...  so in this case I was able to use it twice ;-)

13 hours ago, elviajero said:

Yes, but it doesn’t change the answer to the question asked.

Someone applying for a non-immigrant visa in Thailand, as a prerequisite to an extension based of stay based on retirement, will typically use the same letter to apply for the visa and then the extension.

IMHO it depends on what visa they arrived in Thialand.

When I came back from Germany in 2001 I had a 3 month Non Imm 'O' visa and in my last working year in New Zealand I applied and got another 3 month Non Imm 'O' visa and did my application from that.

I do realise that it was a few years ago (I haven't left Thailand since May 2009) and rukes may have changed since then.