Police search for foreigner after Pattaya bar girl dies from condo fall

rooster59

20 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Most of the girls I met were working for booze, drugs and the latest smartphone.

But it's still sad she fell off the balcony.

That maybe what your experience tells you, but I can guarantee that all of them do send a portion of their money (5k circa for the family to survive is enough in Issan) home, even the notorious soi 6 crowd ............... & nothing has changed since I first came here in 1964. It's a small amount considering what they can earn in a day, hence the craze of the latest phones etc. Ask all of them & they will tell you without hesitation family is important & everyone ( mostly it's the daughter's) will send money home to the "pot" each month ....., but blowing off steam is a must for them. Imagine sitting all day, bored shitless, day after day ....... they all look for an alternative to take away the daily grind (excuse the pun) ............. fact.

Edited by Daveyh

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, smotherb said:

According to the Public Health Ministry of Thailand, 4,000 Thai people commit suicide each year.

Broken hearts and family-related issues were the top reasons for Thais to commit suicide, with a monthly average of 300 per month or 4,000 cases every year. That figure makes it the country with the third-most suicides in the world, according to Public Health Ministry spokesman and psychiatrist Dr Yongyuth Wongpiromsan.

https://ethailand.com/breaking-news/thailand-third-most-suicides-world/1627/

That's not a lot considering there are nearly 70 million people. The rates are much higher in other parts of the world, particularly Japan, the United States, Europe and other industrialized countries. 

55 minutes ago, spermwhale said:

That's not a lot considering there are nearly 70 million people. The rates are much higher in other parts of the world, particularly Japan, the United States, Europe and other industrialized countries. 

Did you read the article? That is a lot. A little research will tell you that Thailand's suicide rate (11.48/100k) is approximately the same as the US (12.38/100k) and Europe (from Lithuania (29/100k) to Greece (4/100k), or approx 12/100k). but I'd have to insert a caveat, namely the potential for non-reported suicides in Thailand may be more than the US, Europe, or Japan. By the way, Japan is considerably higher at 19/100k 

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/cause-of-death/suicide/by-country/

So, what was your point again?

Edited by smotherb

11 hours ago, murraynz said:

i dont know why so many respondents here, make sick,sarcastic comments..this is a tragedy, regardless of who it is, especially for somebody so young...

This i believe is not a tragedy , i think he murdered her and he is lying about what happened , as the girl would have been frightened of having sex on a balcony railing i think it was 10 floors up but not checked but at 10 floors up with a stranger a girl would not simply have sex on the edge of a balcony , he is simply lying and i think they had an arguement and he has pushed her over the balcony railing. also the police have charged him with MURDER not accidental death , i say let him rot in the jail and throw away the key what a bast.rd he is for doing that to a beautiful young girl .

As someone who knew this girl I can tell you that she took care of her family by sending them money and was a very kind and friendly person. All the stupid comments people are making when they know absolutely nothing about the girl are just pathetic. Race or nationality has nothing to do with anything and where she worked does not make her any less of a human being.

How about you all keep your theories to yourself and show some respect. It's not a movie of the week so go back to your boring lives and let the girl rest in peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, sanemax said:

^ Body language : Seems guilty of something

Body Language is one thing but what he actually explained to the police is outrageous and support the suspicion of mental illness.

He told the police that he took the woman out of the bar to have sex With her at his place. They performed sex first once insde the room and a second time on the balcony in a special positiion where she fell to the ground so he became sad and therefore needed to change the location to Eastiny Resort & Spa....

Edited by ttrd

2 minutes ago, ttrd said:

Body Language is one thing but what he actually explained to the police is outrageous and support the suspicion of mental illness.

He told the police that he took the woman out of the bar to have sex With her at his place. They performed sex first once insde the room and a second time on the terrace in a special positiion where she fell to the ground so he became sad and therefore needed to change the location to Eastiny Resort & Spa....

how does it support the suspicion of mental illness?  outdoor sex is crazy?

4 minutes ago, ttrd said:

He told the police that he took the woman out of the bar to have sex With her at his place. They performed sex first once insde the room and a second time on the balcony in a special positiion where she fell to the ground so he became sad and therefore needed to change the location to Eastiny Resort & Spa....

You're right. No one in their right mind would want to stay there. 

8 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Get real. 

As i said i think he murdered her after she refused his request to have sex on the balcony rail , he is a convicted rapist in the uk after punching a girl in the face and hitting her over the head with a dustbin lid then raping a teenager , exactly how i said that if he does not get what he wants he uses violence , he should get the death sentance to save anymore girls from going through this if he gets released , a very dangerous person and does not think of anyone else except himself , THROW AWAY THE KEY ! DONT FEEL SORRY FOR THIS SCUM !

On 1/6/2018 at 11:20 PM, sanemax said:

That point has already been made numerous times in this thread .

A bargirl is highly unlikely to decide to commit suicide whilst at a customers hotel

An old ferang with depression is quite likely to commit suicide from his hotel room .

Even saying that , ferang  deaths are investigated

In my case, my wife knows, if it appears that I committed suicide by jumping off the balcony of a multi story building, then I was murdered, depressed or not!  

Years ago, the battalion commander of the Army National Guard Airborne unit I  was in, took me off jump status and placed me in permanent charge of ground to air communications.  Happiest day I had in that Airborne Company. 

After the first jump, I would tell jump masters to let me load first, so I was the last one to jump, and he would, have to, kick me out of the aircraft.  

It scares me to climb on the roof of a one story house.  I, ain't, jumping, off, no, balcony, anywhere, anytime! 

The last jumper would be me!

Edited by radiochaser