Cost to put together

Hal65

Hi, I'm looking to import a 60cm frame. With no tools will it be cheaper to put the bike together myself buying everything? If not, what is the price for a local shop to do it? I'm looking for a basic setup.

Do you have all the components already?  If not, I think you will be better off buying a new bike that suits your requirements, and asking the shop to swap your frame in.

bike prices are much more competitive and low margin than components, and the bike manufacturers pay a lower cost than distributors for their components, I think

Just be aware that if you buy a 52 cm bike for the parts, you may get things that are too small for you. The cranks will be 170's while most 60's come with 175's, handlebars will be very narrow, the stem may be too short, etc

I think I am going to abandon this idea and just ride on a smaller used bike. There are a few used ones from reputable shops for less than the cost of importing a frame.

The other thing was I found that 6'2" riders can get away with 56-57 cm frames. The used bikes will probably be smaller than that so not ideal, we'll see.