Mourinho v's Conte

sotsira

Here's a BBC article to summarise the continuing feud between the pair so as to keep you all up to date.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42593073

My question is what's the agenda from them to publicly express their continued war of words?

Is Mourinho trying to embarrass the Man Utd board so as to sack him, cos he's lost the battle of 

Manchester against Guardiola ?

Or is he so jealous of Conte's success since replacing him at Chelsea that he just can't help himself?

Well, whatever the motives are behind these war of words, as a neutral, i'm certainly getting the popcorn 

ready for the final outcome to all this.

Oh, and as Conte has recently called Mourinho out for a one on one meeting in a private room so as to settle

this matter once and for all, i'm backing Conte to win the fight. But he needs to watch out for the eye gauging

tactics that Mourinho has in his locker. :biggrin: 

mourinho's always struck me as someone who is really bitter that he never had a playing career in football. he doesn't know what it's like to win trophies, score winning goals, play in cup finals, lift cups etc. conte does 'cos he had a great career at the very top level. mourinho often comes across as jealous whenever he has a spat with someone who was a top level player.

ultimately though i hope this culminates in an actual fist fight because i reckon conte would knock seven shades out of mourinho.

20 minutes ago, StevieH said:

mourinho's always struck me as someone who is really bitter that he never had a playing career in football. he doesn't know what it's like to win trophies, score winning goals, play in cup finals, lift cups etc. conte does 'cos he had a great career at the very top level. mourinho often comes across as jealous whenever he has a spat with someone who was a top level player.

ultimately though i hope this culminates in an actual fist fight because i reckon conte would knock seven shades out of mourinho.

As long as Conte appoints someone to handle Mourinho's second. That vile little shit.

21 minutes ago, jellydog said:

As long as Conte appoints someone to handle Mourinho's second. That vile little shit.

ah yes, rui faria is it? the snivelling little richard hammond to mourinho's boorish jeremy clarkson.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Pep was asked for his oponion

More to the point, i would love to hear what opinions Bobby Charlton and Sir Alex have.

With all their love of Man Utd FC, they must be feeling somewhat embarrassed for their 

head coach to be acting like a childish pri@k.

18 hours ago, sotsira said:

More to the point, i would love to hear what opinions Bobby Charlton and Sir Alex have.

With all their love of Man Utd FC, they must be feeling somewhat embarrassed for their 

agree with that. reckon there's several elder statesmen at man united who don't like this sort of publicity at all. 

mourinho's just a bad joke these days, has been for several years really. his public persona is just embarrassing.

I really like this thread!!   Let's face it, his dross football is on its way out and hopefully the vile little pig with it.  Down side is, United will probably improve massively with Ancelotti or Allegri managing their squad, if either are the future incumbents,  thats a very fair bet

Edited by carmine

Here's the latest timeline of events regarding the Mourinho v's Conte feud.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/3341129/antonio-conte-and-jose-mourinho-rivalry-a-timeline-of-hate

I,m particularly interested in the very last paragraph where Conte has stated :

"It will be the opportunity [to clarify things] in the game against United when we go to Old Trafford," he insisted. "Me and him, face to face. I'm ready. I don't know if he's ready."

That match will be on Sunday 25th February get the popcorn ready! :biggrin:

7 hours ago, sotsira said:

"Me and him, face to face. I'm ready. I don't know if he's ready."

That will be a first for an Italian......:whistling:

1 hour ago, sotsira said:

Here's the latest timeline of events regarding the Mourinho v's Conte feud.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/3341129/antonio-conte-and-jose-mourinho-rivalry-a-timeline-of-hate

"It will be the opportunity [to clarify things] in the game against United when we go to Old Trafford," he insisted. "Me and him, face to face. I'm ready. I don't know if he's ready."

That match will be on Sunday 25th February get the popcorn ready! :biggrin:

Wonder what the odds are on Maureen getting a touchline ban for that game?:post-4641-1156693976: :thumbsup:

On 1/7/2018 at 2:08 PM, sotsira said:

Abramovic disliked that when Jose was at Chelsea , as well . 

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

As did Florentino Perez at Real Madrid.  

Jose was good in his younger days , it was always him and his team against the world , it galvanised the team and bought the best out of them .

He quite often used to ostracise one player as well , one player whom he would publicly criticise and put him in the reserves , which would make the other players fearful of suffering the same fate

That got the results on the pitch , although playing defensive football and happy with a 1-0 win, rather than steamrolling teams and going or a 5-0 , which his teams were quite capable of doing .

It worked for one season , two seasons , but by the third season , players , supporters and club owners tired of his antics , constant public battles with everyone , the media , the refs, the refs association, other managers , other players , FIFA , EUFA , the FA . It was the Jose show , everything was about him and his disagreements with everyone .

After a while, the momentum runs out , the team spirit goes and you are left with unhappy players and a manager who has run out of ideas and run out of people to have a disagreement with