French national arrested on charge of stealing cash at airport

rooster59

French national arrested on charge of stealing cash at airport

By Suthinan Kongsin 
The Nation

eeed6a2753f7389478ab17e65f566921.jpeg

A French national was arrested early on Sunday at a Bangkok hotel for allegedly stealing US$10,170 (about Bt330,000) cash belonging to an Egyptian tourist at Suvarnabhumi Airport on Saturday night.

French national, 33, was arrested at 3am and found to be in possession of the allegedly stolen cash amounting to $9,200, which he initially claimed belonged to him

The arrest followed a complaint lodged with Suvarnabhumi Airport Police Station by Egyptian tourist Mohammed Gaber Ahmed Ahamed Ibrahim that he had forgotten his bag at a SIM-card selling shop on the terminal’s second floor. When he rushed back to get the bag, he found the cash inside was gone. 

Police looked through CCTV footage and identified him as a suspect, resulting in his arrest at the hotel. 

b6b6ab747fe77421906e6d42f9e94208.jpeg

Besides the $9,200, police also found the red long-sleeved shirt that the French was reportedly wearing at the time of the theft. 

Police said that following interrogation, the French national had admitted to taking the cash out of the Egyptian’s bag.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30335599

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-07

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the nasty little thief has lots of opportunity to make new friends while as a guest of the Thai Government.

Then deported back to France and forced to eat Epoisses cheese  (a french cheese so foul smelling it is banned on Paris public transport)  

29 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

A French national was arrested early on Sunday at a Bangkok hotel for allegedly stealing US$10,170 (about Bt330,000) cash belonging to an Egyptian tourist at Suvarnabhumi Airport on Saturday night.

French national Rehalia Toufik, 33, was arrested at 3am and found to be in possession of the allegedly stolen cash amounting to $9,200, which he initially claimed belonged to him

900 dollars spend in less than 24 hours...definitely not a cheap charlie...

French national Rehalia Toufik, these days a typical FRENCH name like Croissant..

We expats need more of such propaganda that more and more Thais believe that we're all a bunch of thieves. 

9 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

French national Rehalia Toufik, these days a typical FRENCH name like Croissant..

We expats need more of such propaganda that more and more Thais believe that we're all a bunch of thieves. 

Actually.

Croissant is not french.

It was the bread baked by the starving Vienna people after the Turks ( or was it Ottomans or Byzanthines ?) after they gave up the siege of Vienna.

Ah .....history is so full of surprises - and history never ends.

4 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

Headline should read "Algerian with French nationality stupidly steals in an Airport and obviously gets caught" 

I would prefer:

Idiot too stupid to be aware of CCTV  steals in an airport and obviously gets caught.

3 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

Headline should read "Algerian with French nationality stupidly steals in an Airport and obviously gets caught" 

I made a strange experience short after the third, or fourth bag snatching episode and it seems that Thai people think that we're all from the same place, called Faranglalaland.

Just recently, when I had an appointment at the local hospital and had to wait for my OPD card. I sat down behind a woman who had her bag right next to her on a chair. But when she saw ,me she immediately grabbed her bag and put it on her lap.

I really felt like a bag snatcher myself and I think that a lot of Thais now believe that we are all same same, not different.  

2 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I would prefer:

Idiot too stupid to be aware of CCTV  steals in an airport and obviously gets caught.

Or: Stupid idiot ran out of social welfare from France and borrowed some money from a fellow dude/mate, "without the intention of paying it back."

3 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

I made a strange experience short after the third, or fourth bag snatching episode and it seems that Thai people think that we're all from the same place, called Faranglalaland.

Just recently, when I had an appointment at the local hospital and had to wait for my OPD card. I sat down behind a woman who had her bag right next to her on a chair. But when she saw ,me she immediately grabbed her bag and put it on her lap.

I really felt like a bag snatcher myself and I think that a lot of Thais now believe that we are all same same, not different.  

Personally, I blame the Brits for that.

:sorry:

I always find it both amusing and confusing at just how important a person's nationality becomes on this forum..

Fact is, according to the story, a fellow stole somebody else's money and was later apprehended. 

Why the big fuss about his nationality, race, etc.? 

Bizzar...

4 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Or: Stupid idiot ran out of social welfare from France and borrowed some money from a fellow dude/mate, "without the intention of paying it back."

Your use of the expression "paying back" brings me to assume that you do not live in Thailand.

17 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

I hope the nasty little thief has lots of opportunity to make new friends while as a guest of the Thai Government.

Then deported back to France and forced to eat Epoisses cheese  (a french cheese so foul smelling it is banned on Paris public transport)  

That's telling 'em!

Edited by dotpoom

14 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Actually.

Croissant is not french.

It was the bread baked by the starving Vienna people after the Turks ( or was it Ottomans or Byzanthines ?) after they gave up the siege of Vienna.

Ah .....history is so full of surprises - and history never ends.

By his name you can also easily tell he is not real French from French origin! 

24 minutes ago, cedel said:

By his name you can also easily tell he is not real French from French origin! 

Eas France has been a crossroad for many migration movements, what you say is at best ignorant, but mord probably tainted by racism

14 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

No. 

He is French. 

Correct!!

To be French, according to the first article of the French Constitution, is to be a citizen of France, regardless of one's origin, race, or religion (sans distinction d'origine, de race ou de religion)

French people are the descendants of Gauls and Romans, western European Celtic and Italic peoples, as well as Bretons, Aquitanians, Ligurians and to a lesser extent, Germanic people arriving at the beginning of the Frankish Empire such as the Franks, the Visigoths, the Suebi, the Saxons, the Allemanni and the Burgundians, and later Germanic groups such as the Vikings (known as Normans), who settled in Normandy and to a lesser extent in Brittany in the 9th century

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_people

It appears the "French" have always been a liitle of this and a little of that,  

Edited by greatwhitenorth

28 minutes ago, Golgota said:

The victim as well.. Are you trying to do some race profiling? Cause i can come with plenty of evidence white farangs are also scums.

25 minutes ago, Golgota said:

You must have not read carefully, the very first comment is tainted by racism.

24 minutes ago, Golgota said:

Eas France has been a crossroad for many migration movements, what you say is at best ignorant, but mord probably tainted by racism

You play the race card three times in a row. Impressive hattrick of cry baby whining and of course the nice Algerian gentleman is completely innocent and had only borrowed some cash.