King Narai Festival in Lopburi February 2018 Best Days?

The manic

This festival lasts from the 10th  the 18th of February. Can anybody advise me of the best fun days to go? The first few days? The Middle? Or the last few days? I am most grateful for any information but would like the trolls, racists and Thai bashers  to not participate. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on what you want , most of the events take place in the evening ,the big thing being the light show at the King Narai palace ,they are 2 shows an evening about6.30- 7 pm and 8-8-30 pm ,the shows should be on every evening the festival lasts.

As for the fun (you can see the local ladyboys dressed in they very best),do not expect santaly clothed girls, struting there stuff ,it is all to do with the history of Lopburi ,the light show depicts King Narai, who was the Thai king ,with his main  palace in Ayutthaya ,but use to like to spend the summers at Lopburi,a keen astrononar ,shows him going to an eclips up at CM ,and the arrival of French missionary to his court ( French missionary's played by farangs ), French bening the first farangs  in Siam , lots of Thai classical dancing, sudents from the local University ,plus one or two elaphants .

You use to be able to pay on the door to see the light show ,now you buy tickets beforehand ,when I was last they you could prebook and have a meal at the same time,sitting cross-legged on the floor.

I have not been for a few years now ,I think they do it well ,lot of stalls selling food, trinkets etc,and some expensive Thai silk.

As I said , no real fun days, all mainly culture and tradition, I enjoy it ,but I like history.

8 minutes ago, kickstart said:

Depends on what you want , most of the events take place in the evening ,the big thing being the light show at the King Narai palace ,they are 2 shows an evening about6.30- 7 pm and 8-8-30 pm ,the shows should be on every evening the festival lasts.

As for the fun (you can see the local ladyboys dressed in they very best),do not expect santaly clothed girls, struting there stuff ,it is all to do with the history of Lopburi ,the light show depicts King Narai, who was the Thai king ,with his main  palace in Ayutthaya ,but use to like to spend the summers at Lopburi,a keen astrononar ,shows him going to an eclips up at CM ,and the arrival of French missionary to his court ( French missionary's played by farangs ), French bening the first farangs  in Siam , lots of Thai classical dancing, sudents from the local University ,plus one or two elaphants .

You use to be able to pay on the door to see the light show ,now you buy tickets beforehand ,when I was last they you could prebook and have a meal at the same time,sitting cross-legged on the floor.

I have not been for a few years now ,I think they do it well ,lot of stalls selling food, trinkets etc,and some expensive Thai silk.

As I said , no real fun days, all mainly culture and tradition, I enjoy it ,but I like history.

Thanks for your reply. Culture is fun for me. Costume, music, dance etc. Though I do like some drama and edge which is why I love the  Rocket festivals. The Kutwa Bun Ban Fai in Kalasin is very orientated to Thai history and culture on procession day.

Archived