Terrifying ordeal for young mother at hands of knife man high on "ice" ends happily

webfact

Terrifying ordeal for young mother at hands of knife man high on "ice" ends happily

10pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A middle of the night drama in Koh Samui ended happily with the arrest of a man high on amphetamines who took a 20 year old woman hostage with a kitchen knife.

Kamonrat Chaiphimoon, 20, told police she was sleeping with her four month old daughter when a man who she did not know entered her room, in Na Meuang sub-district, and grabbed a knife from the kitchen area.

She called out to relatives who phoned 191 and the cops arrived soon thereafter.

The suspect - Anucha "Bom" Saichuay, 27, yelled out: "Don't come in - if you do I shall stab the hostage".

The police surrounded the property and attempted to calm down the knife man but it took two hours until he freed the hostage and her child who was sleeping in her arms. He then gave himself up, reported Daily News.

He said he was being chased by people trying to cause him harm.

Police charge him with taking drugs - namely ice , imprisoning another person and assault and he was detained.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-01-09

2 hours ago, jaiyen said:

Ended happily ?????   I am sure these are not the words of the poor traumatized girl hostage.  What help will she get ?  You all know the answer.

They are actually...she thanked the police and was very happy that both herself and her child were safe.

18 hours ago, Happy enough said:

there is a reason i don't knock the BIB here. not because i am scared of them or anything. i know they have their problems, corruption. but when something goes really bad, i actually think they do a good job from what i have seen

So you're saying that every now and then they do their actual jobs. :whistling: I wish I had that luxury in my career.