LINE Mobile packages

Maestro

While LINE Mobile is (more or less) an MVNO for DTAC. I'm pretty sure any/all account/service issues would be directed to LINE Mobile. 

And while those packages are monthly, they are discounted (50%?) for the first twelve months only.

And, while the "authorities" seem placated for now, it is easy to imagine the NBTC coming for DTAC's flesh sooner rather than later, leaving customers potentially hanging. 

And no clue what may ultimately happen with DTAC's 850 and 1800 BTO spectrum as that license expires this year and the spectrum will be auctioned.

On 11/01/2018 at 6:15 AM, mtls2005 said:

While LINE Mobile is (more or less) an MVNO for DTAC. I'm pretty sure any/all account/service issues would be directed to LINE Mobile. 

And while those packages are monthly, they are discounted (50%?) for the first twelve months only.

And, while the "authorities" seem placated for now, it is easy to imagine the NBTC coming for DTAC's flesh sooner rather than later, leaving customers potentially hanging. 

And no clue what may ultimately happen with DTAC's 850 and 1800 BTO spectrum as that license expires this year and the spectrum will be auctioned.

Nope. Not an MVNO and you need to call DTAC for support.

Been with them nearly a month. Moved my number to them and apart from it taking a little longer than I expected (about a week) for the number to move, it was all fairly easy.

All my customer support (so far) has been online though their web chat support. 170B (181B inc VAT) for 5GB of data and 150mins of calls is excellent value. Net is about 80Mbps down and 70Mbps up. Tempted to get the unlimited for home for 850B/month.

8 hours ago, naboo said:

Been with them nearly a month. Moved my number to them and apart from it taking a little longer than I expected (about a week) for the number to move, it was all fairly easy.

All my customer support (so far) has been online though their web chat support. 170B (181B inc VAT) for 5GB of data and 150mins of calls is excellent value. Net is about 80Mbps down and 70Mbps up. Tempted to get the unlimited for home for 850B/month.

Only question I have is : Does LINE  mobile allow you to use the service on more than one device ?

My only complaint about LINE is that every device has to have it's own LINE account and if they keep that requirement no reason for me to use this new service 

On 1/14/2018 at 8:33 PM, KneeDeep said:

Nope. Not an MVNO and you need to call DTAC for support.

Yes, this is correct, my mistake. I was under the impression that LINE was an MVNO of TAC, but that was wrong.

DTN, a subsidiary of TAC, has simply licensed the LINE 'name/brand' to create their own an alternative brand/channel. LINE Thailand is not at all involved. And no MVNO license was required. DTAC has been shedding customers at an alarming rate, dropping to #3, so this is one attempt to regain customers.

That said, I think most first-line account and technical support issues from LINE Mobile customers would be directed to their LINE Mobile Chat contact point, via the app or at [email protected], rather than say, 1678 or a full-service DTAC retail outlet?

• 4 months later...

Archived