Nakhon Phanom to Ubon

Justfine

I plan on driving this route. Have visited Ubon before (which I liked incl the province) but not the other towns. Given 5 nights how should I split them between NP, That Phanom and Mukdahan? I would fly into NP and fly out from Ubon without staying there.

Edited by Justfine

IMG_0566.MOVMAH02383.MP4I have been to and flown into NP a few times and visited also a few times. NP, That Phanom and Mukdahan. I think you can do That & Mukdahan in 2 days easy. Mukdahan there is the big Buddha on the hill over looking the river, and a few nice restaurants in both Mukdahan & That. In that there is a restaurant/Bar (Krua Kitty)that plays (if you're into it) 70's & 80 rock music and has all old album covers on the walls, cool place. I don't think more than 2 days site seeing is necessary.  Click on the MOV, & MP4 inserted for a video clip.

IMG_0333a.jpg

IMG_4995 (Edited).jpg

2DFDD9D5-8B9D-4971-A3AC-2B0458A8B952.JPG

IMG_0566.MOV

IMG_5349.JPG

DSC02360.jpg

656F0CBC-7E79-4439-8758-80823C4E7EB3.jpg

IMG_4929.JPG

MAH02383.MP4

Edited by csosdny

I guess you have stayed in Khong Jiam already but that would deffo be on any intinerary tracking the Mekong if not. That and Pha Taem National Park, which is one NP that is worth the 400 baht entrance fee. I still need to do the northern sights in Pha Taem. The raft tour boats on the Sirindhorn Dam outfall river are also great but:

• needs a nice warm day: we are talking partying, barbeque on the boats, karaoke and swimming jumping in diving swinging-in jumping
  • I'm not positive that they do turn-up shared tours - I think so but not 100%. Most do it as a party with friends/family and charter a boat for 2,000 baht ish a day
  • Thai/Ubon tourist authority give it absolutely no exposure to foreign tourists and you need guidance to find how to get to it 

Another time/another visit maybe!

20170424_140111.jpg

20170424_140314.jpg

diving was all part of the rafting experience at river mun with songkhla hash picture 3 by ghettomaster13apr17.jpg

on board life river mun rafting with songkhla hash picture by ghettomaster 13apr17.jpg

Edited by SantiSuk