Gen Prawit may have owned 19 pricey wristwatches: CSI-LA Facebook

webfact

Gen Prawit may have owned 19 pricey wristwatches: CSI-LA Facebook

By Thai PBS

prawitwatch.jpg

Deputy Prime Minister and Defense Minister Prawit Wongsuwon may have owned at least 19 pricey wristwatches worth a total of about 30 million baht, according to CSI-LA Facebook page.

The Facebook page on Wednesday (Jan 10) posted a photo of Gen Prawit wearing a wristwatch it claimed to be the 19th expensive wristwatch belonging to Gen Prawit.

The Facebook page, which has been counting the number of watches worn by Gen Prawit from images appeared on the internet, claimed that the deputy prime minister’s private collection of pricey wristwatches, so far, might have numbered 19. They included nine Rolex, five Patek Philippe, three Richard Mille and two Audemars Piquet.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/gen-prawit-may-owned-19-pricey-wristwatches-csi-la-facebook/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-01-12

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I’m not going to pay attention to social media because he told me not to. I’m just going to listen and believe the Deputy PM. So far he’s told us he’s borrowed some of the watches, and when asked about submitting a report for the more recently found watches,  he said, “I don’t know”.

Jesus. You’d have to be completely dumb, ignorant and deluded to think this guy is clean. Step down already. 

Srisuwan gives NACC 16 more luxury watch photos

By THE NATION

f9e821d52e2fed6f98fbb729a3a9cb21.jpeg

ANTI-GRAFT activist Srisuwan Janya yesterday provided more evidence to the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) about another 16 watches seen worn by Deputy PM General Prawit Wongsuwan, adding to information on three other watches he had already submitted.

Srisuwan asked the NACC to ask the Customs Department to provide information on the multi-million-baht watches regarding the payment of customs duties.

“This is a crucial landmark for the NACC,” he said. “It will be their masterpiece if they seriously pursue the case. On the other hand, if they don’t file a lawsuit in the case they will instantly become a public target.”

If the latter is the case, Srisuwan continued, he would collect the signatures of 20,000 people to propose the creation of a committee to probe the NACC under the charter’s Article 236. The number of luxury watches seen worn by Prawit in public on various occasions has now reached 19.

According to the investigative Facebook page, CSI LA, which continuously seeks and circulates photos of Prawit wearing different luxury watches, the Richard Mille, Patek Phillipe, Audemars Pique and Rolex watches were frequently worn by Prawit during the first half of last year. CSI LA estimated that the collection, based on market prices, could be worth around Bt29.6 million.

During that period, two major approvals of military purchases were made by the junta-led Cabinet. 

On April 18, they confidentially approved the Navy-requested procurement of one Bt13.5-billion Chinese submarine. Two months later, the Army’s request for procurement of Chinese tanks at a cost of Bt2.3 billion was also passed.

fc205dd24735642c8592bedfd8d55e95.jpeg

Based on photos it had received, the social media page made an observation that during the early years after the 2014 coup, Prawit was seen repeatedly wearing the same, seemingly old Rolex watches.

CSI LA is known to be keen on monitoring Prawit’s watch collections since the first Richard Mille emerged in public last month. It has also launched a mobile application for the public to help gather records of Prawit wearing watches.

The deputy premier has kept a low profile since the report on the Richard Mille watch went viral. He also postponed an annual New Year meeting with military-beat reporters from next Monday to the month’s end.

Prawit is in hot water as his watch collection has raised questions about his wealth as well as the accuracy of his asset disclosure under the anti-graft law. Prawit has not declared any assets exceeding Bt200,000 in value to the NACC when he entered the junta government in 2014.

The NACC, whose president once served as Prawit’s close aide, agreed to investigate the case but has so far avoided disclosing most of the details to the public.

Rosana Tositrakul, a former senator campaigning on a platform opposing corruption, urged both the NACC and the Customs Department to tightly scrutinise Prawit’s watch collection. 

Rosana said the NACC should ask Prawit to submit all of his watches as tracked by the CSI LA page, while the department should probe whether the watch payments included custom duties and whom they actually belonged to, Rosana said.

“People will start doubting the NACC, wondering if it is buying time despite its claims to having zero tolerance for graft,” she said in her Facebook post. “Anti-corruption shouldn’t be a mere discourse.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30336047

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-12

2 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

If this story is even half true and he owns all these watches without declaring them or demonstrating where he got the money to pay for them...

...why is he still in the cabinet?

Because his best mate is the Junta leader who says what's what!!

Also, another mate is the head of the body that's supposed to be investigating.

Also, after all the claims of transparency, there has been anything but!!

Basically.

1 minute ago, YetAnother said:

what kind of small-minded, low self-esteemed guy has 19 luxury watches?

I guess that depends on what kind of cash he's really got. Maybe they represent only a tiny fraction of what else he's got? Not likely we will ever know the truth of course.

But even if I had billions, I am not sure I would ever buy a luxury watch. What is the point? I use my phone for time checks.

2 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

If this story is even half true and he owns all these watches without declaring them or demonstrating where he got the money to pay for them...

...why is he still in the cabinet?

Shhhhh! too difficult to answer.... 

24 minutes ago, bra said:

A lot of bar girls will be green with envy when they see all of these watches. I don't think he would have sold HIS body to get the watches - but what did he sell???

He wouldn't have sold anything, you have it arse-up, he would have been in the buying side of any exchange. 

6 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

I guess that depends on what kind of cash he's really got. Maybe they represent only a tiny fraction of what else he's got? Not likely we will ever know the truth of course.

But even if I had billions, I am not sure I would ever buy a luxury watch. What is the point? I use my phone for time checks.

I think it's indicative of the kind of cash they really have. I mean how much money would you need to have before you spent a million dollars on watches. It's truly mind boggling. 

25 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

If you had billions and appreciated excellence in engineering and not a look at me me me mentality, you might well own a fine watch collection - just as many people do, however I doubt this is a case of engineering appreciation.  

Edited to add, the Steve Mcqueen Rolex recently sold for about $18m, so puts this Thai turkey in the junior league. 

Edited by Artisi

6 minutes ago, Artisi said:

If you had billions and appreciated excellence in engineering and not a look at me me me mentality, you might well own a fine watch collection - just as many people do, however I doubt this is a case of engineering appreciation.  

I am way too pragmatic, I absolutely do admire excellent engineering, but it is sufficient to me to know it exists. I don't need it on my wrist. I buy things with excellent engineering if they also make sense for me to have them. Like machines needed for business. 

I'll repeat myself, yet again, they likely to be "authentic copy" watches & he's taking the media for a ride....It proves the point, the media is full of mindless, story-tellers who can't disseminate fact from fiction !! 

2 minutes ago, eggers said:

I'll repeat myself, yet again, they likely to be "authentic copy" watches & he's taking the media for a ride....It proves the point, the media is full of mindless, story-tellers who can't disseminate fact from fiction !! 

That would be funny!