Christopher G. Moore Book-signing

MekhongKurt

Chris will be on hand Saturday afternoon at the Texas Lone Staar Bar in Washington Square to autograph copies of his latest Calvino novel, The Risk of Infidelity Index.

Calvino is the hero of an ongoing series of novels Chris has penned, The Risk of Infidelity Index being the ninth in the series.

Calvino is a private detective based in Bangkok, a guy originally hailing from New York. He also is very much Chris's alter ego.

Chris has a talent for rising to high drama, something I've mentioned before in connection with a previous Calvino novel, Pattaya 24/7, once of the finest works of fiction it has ever been my pleasure to read. While I haven't read this latest work, I have no doubt it will turn out to be Chris's usual high-quality writing.

Not only will the book-signing give you an opportunity to buy the book (and, I would imagine, others, if Chris follows his usual pattern), but it will be the first opportunity to do so -- Chris has graciously agreed to make the Square his very first publicity stop. And that's worth a lot to most book hounds.

Chris will be at the Texas Lone Staar 2:30P.M.-4:00P.M. (or so) Saturday, January 20, 2007 with both books and pen in hand. If you've never met Chris, here's a chance to meet not just an increasingly (and deservedly) well-known author, but one heck of a nice guy as well.

Washington Square has two entrances, one from Sukhumvit Road, the other from Sukhumvit Soi 22. If you enter from Sukhumvit Road (nearly opposite Sukhumvit Soi 33), turn left inside the Square then turn right; the bar is part way down on your left. If you enter from Sukhumvit Soi 22 (at the traffic signal), turn left into the Square (directly opposite the Regency Park Hotel), then go left-right-right to arrive there.

By the way, Chris's book-signing will be simultaneous with the bar's regular free Saturday afternoon lunch. The lunch this Saturday consists of spare pork ribs, beans, and collard greens. (Do plan to buy a drink or two!)

Chris will be on hand Saturday afternoon at the Texas Lone Staar Bar in Washington Square to autograph copies of his latest Calvino novel, The Risk of Infidelity Index.

Calvino is the hero of an ongoing series of novels Chris has penned, The Risk of Infidelity Index being the ninth in the series.

Calvino is a private detective based in Bangkok, a guy originally hailing from New York. He also is very much Chris's alter ego.

Chris has a talent for rising to high drama, something I've mentioned before in connection with a previous Calvino novel, Pattaya 24/7, once of the finest works of fiction it has ever been my pleasure to read. While I haven't read this latest work, I have no doubt it will turn out to be Chris's usual high-quality writing.

Not only will the book-signing give you an opportunity to buy the book (and, I would imagine, others, if Chris follows his usual pattern), but it will be the first opportunity to do so -- Chris has graciously agreed to make the Square his very first publicity stop. And that's worth a lot to most book hounds.

Chris will be at the Texas Lone Staar 2:30P.M.-4:00P.M. (or so) Saturday, January 20, 2007 with both books and pen in hand. If you've never met Chris, here's a chance to meet not just an increasingly (and deservedly) well-known author, but one heck of a nice guy as well.

Washington Square has two entrances, one from Sukhumvit Road, the other from Sukhumvit Soi 22. If you enter from Sukhumvit Road (nearly opposite Sukhumvit Soi 33), turn left inside the Square then turn right; the bar is part way down on your left. If you enter from Sukhumvit Soi 22 (at the traffic signal), turn left into the Square (directly opposite the Regency Park Hotel), then go left-right-right to arrive there.

By the way, Chris's book-signing will be simultaneous with the bar's regular free Saturday afternoon lunch. The lunch this Saturday consists of spare pork ribs, beans, and collard greens. (Do plan to buy a drink or two!)

With the greatest possible respect if one of Christopher Moore's trashy poorly written novels is "one of the finest works of fiction it has been your pleasure to read" you are to literary criticism what Dick Cheney is to breakdancing.You would have to pay me squillions of dollars to join this Washington Square gathering of mostly overweight,mostly undereducated mostly American winos.The lunch menu is beynd parody:this is the Bangkok apotheosis of white trailer trash.

To be fair Chris Moore is both well educated and good looking (though with the usual Canadian curse of zero humour), so the mystery is why is he such a hopeless hack.

mekhong kurt

The Risk of Infidelity Index by christopher moore

"although i havent read it yet , i bet its a rollicking good read".... rambling sid rumpo.

"i have yet to read this obvious masterpiece but i reckon it will make old willy shakespeare look like enid blyton" ...... chao phrya charlie.

" a blockbusting unputdownable bodice ripping pageturner i'll wager" ......nobhead nile ned.

" this one should fly off the shelves like sh1t off a shovel , eat your heart out and spin in your grave charlie dickens ".....gormless ganges graham.

"washington square and christopher moore go together like garlic breath and a tuk tuk driver" , ...... morose mississipi mike.

"bangkok noir it aint" .... euphrates eric.

mekhong kurt
The Risk of Infidelity Index by christopher moore

"although i havent read it yet , i bet its a rollicking good read".... rambling sid rumpo.

"i have yet to read this obvious masterpiece but i reckon it will make old willy shakespeare look like enid blyton" ...... chao phrya charlie.

" a blockbusting unputdownable bodice ripping pageturner i'll wager" ......nobhead nile ned.

" this one should fly off the shelves like sh1t off a shovel , eat your heart out and spin in your grave charlie dickens ".....gormless ganges graham.

"washington square and christopher moore go together like garlic breath and a tuk tuk driver" , ...... morose mississipi mike.

"bangkok noir it aint" .... euphrates eric.

I found some more reviews ...

Enlightening .... Happless hippy Harry

I've heard that it's the budgies <deleted> ... Derek Plithington Blithington Smythe

Wow its rad man totally rad ... Zed

Dish phish bone ... Bjork

Heart wrentching and hopelessly romantic ... Polly pokealot

An atomic bomb of a book, as radioactive as that Russian guy ... Payrus Pete from Poipet

Can anyone help me out? I have been desparately trying to get a non-signed version of any of C. Moore's books, or for that matter anything by Dean Barrett....

Apparently they are rare as hen's teeth...could be a good collector's item :-)

1 2 3 4

We want Moore.

I wonder whether they chant that at the book signings?

(perhaps you might need to have gone to an Eazt CoaZt Lacrosse school in USA to understand that).

WOW !!!! Younghusband

Tell us how you really feel. I seem to be detecting some negativity here. :o

You're right.It's a bit over the top but sometimes in Thailand the elevation of the mediocre and second rate just becomes too much to bear.There's nothing wrong with Mekhong Kurt and his harmless old buddies.I should probably be a bit ashamed of myself for the venemous post........and yet, and yet..it was all fair comment though I agree rather cruelly expressed.Sorry if anyone was offended.

Actually now I come to think of it a few years ago I heard Timothy Mo, who is a novelist of considerable distinction, praise Moore's books...so perhaps I should take another look though rather dreading it.