Phuket continues with ‘Keep Phuket Clean’ campaign

webfact

Phuket continues with ‘Keep Phuket Clean’ campaign

The Phuket News

1515722219_1-org.jpg

Teams from across Phuket joined the mass clean-up. Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET: More than 500 officials, volunteers and local residents this week joined ‘Keep Phuket Clean by our Hands and Hearts’ campaigns, with the Phuket Governor urging Phuket to pay more attention to keeping Phuket this coming year.

At 9am on Wednesday (Jan 10) in Cherng Talay, Governor Norraphat Plodthong along with Thalang District Chief Adul Chutong and Chief of the Cherng Talay Tambon Administration Organisation (OrBorTor) MaAnn Samran led a clean-up at Surin, Bang Tao and Layan Beaches.

At the same time, various Keep Phuket Clean by our Hands and Hearts projects were held in different areas around Phuket including Chalong and Patong.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-continues-with-keep-phuket-clean-campaign-65507.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-01-12

56 minutes ago, madmitch said:

"Phuket is one of the top ten cities in the world that tourists want to visit."

Really? I wonder where the Governor picked up this "fact"?

Well for starters Phuket is an island and one place on it is named Phuket City that almost no tourists ever visit. I've been visiting Phuket each Winter for the last 16 years and have not even passed by it. 

5 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

So this is a great initiative, just wish things could be more proactive. Without having to clean up the mess after.

Can't help but see some irony in Ma An leading a clean up campaign.

Yes , what a joke !

Did anyone pick up and remove any of the many dozens of pilons Ma-an had left at Surin Beach ?  Did he check out his 'black lagoon'  there ? Certainly nobody went up to the south car park where the same  piles of rubbish have been left there a year now...

Edited by zaZa9

4 hours ago, madmitch said:

"Phuket is one of the top ten cities in the world that tourists want to visit."

Really? I wonder where the Governor picked up this "fact"?

Ummm .... Phuket is not really a true city, but it is an island state. 

Top 10 .... while i live here I can easily think of 20 better cities that I have visited. Paris, Rome, New York, San Fran, LA, Seattle, Honalulu,  London, Perth, even local Singapore (an Island state) ... I could name so many more.

Edited by LivinginKata

2 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Ummm .... Phuket is not really a true city, but it is an island state. 

Top 10 .... while i live here I can easily think of 20 better cities that I have visited. Paris, Rome, New York, San Fran, LA, Seattle, Honalulu,  London, Perth, even local Singapore (an Island state) ... I could name so many more.

Just goes to show the education level needed to be in authority here.