36 mm Socket/wrench ?

luudee

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a 36mm Socket/wrench, which is kind of deep inside, deeper than the standard sockets.

I think one of those like the ones for spark plugs would work best. The thing is that I need 36mm, appears as nobody has them ?!

Attached is a picture. 

It's for removing a grohe shower controller thermostat ....

Any pointers appreciated !!!

Many Thanks,

rudi

socket.jpg

A deep dish socket that size might be a tuff find; however, you can do as I did years ago in a similar situation. If you can find a standard 36mm socket, cut the end off that the ratchet fits into and weld a piece of pipe (length depending how deep you need the socket) in between as in the photo. If you don't have a chop saw & welder, there's plenty of shops around that can do it for you in a heartbeat;-)

DeepDish.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, r136dg said:

A deep dish socket that size might be a tuff find; however, you can do as I did years ago in a similar situation. If you can find a standard 36mm socket, cut the end off that the ratchet fits into and weld a piece of pipe (length depending how deep you need the socket) in between as in the photo. If you don't have a chop saw & welder, there's plenty of shops around that can do it for you in a heartbeat;-)

Thanks, Dan, that's a great idea !!!

rudi

Go to a farm equipment supply/repair shop, probably not in downtown Pattaya but there should be one in the area.  They're a dime a dozen around here. Or take a look at Lazada and input 36mm socket wrench.  They have a lot and might have one that fits you needs there.

Another option to diy a socket good for medium duty is to make one from some  steel tube. If you can find something else like a nut, bolt or fitting that is the same size and a pice of tube somewhere  in between  the  size flat to flat and point to point. You can rough out something by hammering the tube over the hex.

• 5 months later...