Spanish Native Speaker In Bkk

leanester

Hello, I'm leandro from argentina, I'm 21 years old and I'm a spanish native speaker and I will go to thailand on 13th march and stay there as much as I can, if i can get a job I want to stay all my life there, I can teach you some spanish, if you are interested just let me know, and if you know about some college that needs a spanish teacher let me know too, I will be grateful...Thankssssssss! Adios

Leandro

Hola pibe. Si llegas y nesesitas un amigo en Phuket, me mandas un PM. Y me traes unas empanadas, por supuesto. Y tambien unas revistas de Paturuzu.

In BKK nor my area, I have no idea. I am teaching Spanish to a Korean, but that is rare, as he will go to Peru afterwards.

Saludos,

Hello, I'm leandro from argentina, I'm 21 years old and I'm a spanish native speaker and I will go to thailand on 13th march and stay there as much as I can, if i can get a job I want to stay all my life there, I can teach you some spanish, if you are interested just let me know, and if you know about some college that needs a spanish teacher let me know too, I will be grateful...Thankssssssss! Adios

Leandro

Bienvenidos a ThaiVisa, Leandro. And that's all the Spanish I'll use, so we don't violate the rule against using only English, outside of the Thai forum!

Good luck, Leandro. There's not much demand for Spanish teachers, but Bangkok is probably the most likely place. I assume they'd need you to teach it using English as a second language (or Thai, of course). I almost got a Spanish teaching temporary gig last year, but it fell through. You do find a few foreign exchange students preparing to go to Spanish speaking countries, but few and far between. There have to be some university faculties here that need Spanish teachers. The word "college" in Thailand is almost equal to 'colegio' in Mexico - an upper division secondary school, ages 15 to 18; not a university.

I can think of a few TEFLers in Thailand who also taught in Latin America, but they're not teaching Spanish, even though we're considered fluent here.

Again, good luck; let us know how it works out.

I saw an ad needing a spanish teacher at www.ajarn.com check it out.

really rare though , gooodluck. But becareful spanish looking teachers get mistaken as an "Indian" all the time it seems. I dont know why Thai's are so much judgemental on appearance, although spanish looking dudes can pass as european, middle eastern, arab, greek, italian , south american, and just plain farang looking so there are pros to it i guess lol

Edited by DragonQuest

hehe thanks for ur help! actually I'm south american but have a kinda europe-look (brown hair, green eyes, white skin, really tall) so I don't know...I know english too and little japanese but not much and hopefully learn thai when i'm there too...I hope i can find a teaching job or at least some other way to stay...thanks! anyway if still have some sugerences i will be grateful!

leanster, do you have a teaching qualification? you would find it easier getting a job if you did, as many of the international schools offer Spanish as a third language option... if you don't have a qualification you still might be able to hunt out these international school kids who might need extra tutoring....

• 3 months later...

Hi Leandro,

Are you interested only in Teaching jobs? I work for an International Online Travel Company here in Bangkok and we are looking for someone with fluent Spanish and English (speaking, reading and writing).

We can probably offer you better rates of pay than teaching, especially if you don't have a teaching qualification.

If you are interested please PM me and attach your CV.

Incidentally, if anyone else is interested, we need Spanish, Italian and Korean speakers too. Must have an excellent level of English and any experience of Translation and/or Marketing would be a plus.

Dame una llamada cuando llegues aca (somos vecinos).....te puedo dar una mano por lo que necesites. Mis hijos tambien estan aca, que son de tu edad (no hablan catellano..solo Ingles y Thai). Ellos conocen el ambiente bastante bien, y de seguro te pueden ser de ayuda.....bienvenido al paraiso

Translation:

I highly recommend you to bring mosquito repellent as you are coming in the wet season......Not sure which area of Argentina you come from, but better do not bring "yerba mate" as in here it tends to get rotten easily due to the humidity.

Edited by torito

Hola pibe. Si llegas y nesesitas un amigo en Phuket, me mandas un PM. Y me traes unas empanadas, por supuesto. Y tambien unas revistas de Paturuzu.

In BKK nor my area, I have no idea. I am teaching Spanish to a Korean, but that is rare, as he will go to Peru afterwards.

Saludos,

'sniperteam6' ...mate o parrillada te podra trear...pero empanadas?....hum,...lo dudo!