Inward Remittance

I was just informed by my bank in Bangkok that they have stopped issuing Tor Tor 3 forms for inward remittances in foreign currencies since April 2004. Henceforth, only a credit advice shall be issued for incoming remittance.

The Tor Tor 3 form is (was) considered by govt depts as official proof of incoming foreign exchange and I have used it in the past for renewal of various business licenses. I am not sure now whether the govt. depts would accept a bank credit advice as proof of incoming foreign exchange.

I was unable to get a comment from the bank whether there is any other alternative form that replaces the Tor Tor 3. I would hate to be surprised at the end of the year when I try to renew some licenses without the Tor Tor 3.

Could anyone knowledgeable throw some light on this matter? Thank you. :o

I was just informed by my bank in Bangkok that they have stopped issuing Tor Tor 3 forms for inward remittances in foreign currencies since April 2004. Henceforth, only a credit advice shall be issued for incoming remittance.

The Tor Tor 3 form is (was) considered by govt depts as official proof of incoming foreign exchange and I have used it in the past for renewal of various business licenses. I am not sure now whether the govt. depts would accept a bank credit advice as proof of incoming foreign exchange.

I was unable to get a comment from the bank whether there is any other alternative form that replaces the Tor Tor 3. I would hate to be surprised at the end of the year when I try to renew some licenses without the Tor Tor 3.

Could anyone knowledgeable throw some light on this matter? Thank you. :o

It might be the time to change banks.

Thanks Doc and Sunbelt for your input. I used TFB and when they couldn't issue the Tor Tor 3, I checked with Bangkok Bank. Their answer was the same.

Are Sunbelt able to process a Tor Tor 3 requests with local banks? If this is one of your services, I'd be glad to know more about it and happy to use it. Please give me a name and contact address that I can call to find out more.

Thanks a lot for your help. :o