Traffic police fined me illegally

yengec

It is that give up attitude that results in oppressive rejimes. If the policeman was wrong then he was wrong. If it can be proved then follow it up and show him up for what he is, an extortionist who abuses his power. People in positions of authority should be beyond reproach. Seemingly this is not the case in this instance.

21 minutes ago, Sumarianson said:

It is that give up attitude that results in oppressive rejimes. If the policeman was wrong then he was wrong. If it can be proved then follow it up and show him up for what he is, an extortionist who abuses his power. People in positions of authority should be beyond reproach. Seemingly this is not the case in this instance.

Keys in ignition, know the law before you attempt to criticize it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yengec said:

its not the metal one which in the middle. i stopped the left side one which is all the way long not a small cubic one.

You are still in a carriageway, and the drawing superimposed on the photo is ambiguous with respect to your position. Just to be pedantic, I doubt very much there was a cubic metal plate anywhere on the road - square or rectangular, yes.

Now would you kindly move on and accept reality. Bleating about a 300 - 500 baht fine on TV doesn't cut it.

Just pay it and forget about,something I've noticed about Thais,they have great memories,if you want to rock the boat don't be surprised about cops following you and issuing you with more tickets,it's their country and they'll do as they like whether it's illegal or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

Jesus wept its a 7 quid fine - you must be perilously close to the poor house - how much are you going to spend on fuel going to various places to view CCTV ? Get over it ! 

since my point is not to save 400baht, i didnt care how much fuel cost. there is somthing wrong and i didnt accept it directly. if u spare money to everywhere without asking, you will be a loser..

• Sad 1

What was your fine, about 400 baht??  Fagataboutit...............life is too short to worry about that. Oh, before I forget, that was not an illegal fine, he thought you were driving without a helmet, cause you were suspicious,  stopping before the checkpoint, and putting your helmet on your seat.........get over it.

• Like 1

People who make fun of me of because I waste time just for 400baht, they cant see the real problem. Who can guarantee that next day a police will stop me for alcohol check and what if they blame me for riding with high alcohol even if I didnt drink any? Ohhh the suggestion would be just pay 30.000baht and enjoy your time lol..

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, tryasimight said:

You had an IDP,  didn't present it,  got fined and you call the cop an idiot? 

Unbelievable. 

He asked to see my licence. I had no idea as to what the ticket was for, as he mentioned another paper about which I had no idea. Perhaps something to do with registration. I was riding a friend's bike with red plates.

It that is "unbelievable" in your life you need to get out more.

They were stopping hoards of people and giving them tickets.

Either way, I challenged and didn't have to pay.

That was the point of the anecdote, but clearly too subtle to have gotten through to you...

1 hour ago, yengec said:

People who make fun of me of because I waste time just for 400baht, they cant see the real problem. Who can guarantee that next day a police will stop me for alcohol check and what if they blame me for riding with high alcohol even if I didnt drink any? Ohhh the suggestion would be just pay 30.000baht and enjoy your time lol..

Many of the people here just bend over and they expect you to do so too.

No need for you to join their club. 

Many times I have simply refused to pay a bribe, as much as they try.

Once or twice, having to 'pull rank' to put a stop to the charade. 

Allow the Chinese person on the motorbike in front of me to pass, but stop me for crossing the line at the lights. Not going to happen. Stop both or no one at all.

I only moved forward to allow a vehicle in the right turn lane to pass, as he wasn't turning. But the bike in front of me was already past the line.

So all this nonsense of bending over and  taking it up the jacksy can be left to those with that predilection.

You don't need to win every battle, but you don't need to roll over and offer them your belly if you think that you are in the right.

OP I've been stopped for speeding when I was not speeding, they said they had a picture and show me a car when I have a truck and they fight with me that is my truck in the picture. No winning just pay and move on. 

On the other hand there have been many times I was speeding and didn't get caught. 

On 1/16/2018 at 8:17 AM, yengec said:

according to rules i can take off my helmet if im not driving it. we asked it to other polices also the guy who fined me says i can take off my helmet if i stop or parked the bike. the discussion is about they say i was riding the bike which is not true. also i was not on the road, just parked outside the main road.

Perhaps you were parked in a no-parking zone if only 50 m from the red light?

11 hours ago, yengec said:

I will take that bet and guarantee they will.  

4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Some of you can do what you want but I have paid on the spot a couple of times.

I do not want a documented ticket with my information on file with the police.

I do not want my license taken away temporarily.

I do not want my motorbike impounded.

I do not want the hassle of following up on a citation.

Sure, it may be the principle of it but like others have said; this is not my country.

The amount to pay and go is so minimal, I don't let it bother me and I don't care.

one vote for the pro corruption lobby.

if, on the other hand, you weren't breaking any rules/laws and were living in a country that respected the rule of law then you wouldn't be stopped in the first place... but then you are pro corruption so you are against the rule of law and will get stopped and fleeced... see how it works?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, samsensam said:

if, on the other hand, you weren't breaking any rules/laws and were living in a country that respected the rule of law then you wouldn't be stopped in the first place... but then you are pro corruption so you are against the rule of law and will get stopped and fleeced... see how it works?

two votes as I agree.

2 hours ago, samsensam said:

HAHA.  Sure ok, people in other countries (take the US) are only stopped because they are breaking the law...

You have no clue how the world works.

Keep those pure thoughts.....

Edited by bkk6060

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Some of you can do what you want but I have paid on the spot a couple of times.

I do not want a documented ticket with my information on file with the police.

I do not want my license taken away temporarily.

I do not want my motorbike impounded.

I do not want the hassle of following up on a citation.

Sure, it may be the principle of it but like others have said; this is not my country.

The amount to pay and go is so minimal, I don't let it bother me and I don't care.

This is the absolute worse thing to do. In bangkok the thai's are photoing the cops and the people doing this and posting it on facebook and other sites. Also most intersections where police ticket have cctv so city hall is looking at this as well. This makes it worse for all drivers when you do this and could put you in more trouble. Then again you don't care and seem to be a selfish person.

10 years ago in Turkey, the traffic rules and corruption is look like in here. by the time the government put on bonus point system to police officers and also they punished hardly the officers who accepts bribe. this system is supported by cctv and vide recording. now in almost every traffic light there is a camera which is watched by officers remotely and if you break the rules they fine you and send you the ticket to your registered address by an evidence of photo.in both countries the government care about the money, i dont believe its for citizens good. i believe in Thailand this will be happened too. since the technology is growing rapidly and thais like to use it, its inevitable not to change this controversially system. 

• Like 1

the police that writes you the fine gets a cut from that fine.
i have been robbed myself (claim speeding & outer lane driving) and i will get a electric bicycle instead so as to not get robbed again. if you intend to drive any more, i recommend one of those video cameras, the corrupt police are incredibly
afraid of being caught with recording

Edited by poanoi
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2018 at 10:16 AM, Henryford said:

Just write it off to experience, not worth getting hot and bothered about. The rule though is NEVER give them any excuse to stop/fine you.

The only "excuse" they need is that you are a foreigner. They can make shit up. One time a cop tried to ticket me for making an illegal left hand turn when I actually turned right on a green light. Another time a cop tried to ticket me for making an illegal right turn when I actually made a legal left turn. I talked my way out of these ones, but they don't need excuses.

• Like 1