webfact

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/18/2018 at 9:40 AM, Bluespunk said:

I hate dual pricing but I can accept to pay more in nature parks so Thais can enjoy their own country for a cheaper price then we do. Its their national heritage. I can't accept it for normal companies and businesses. 

What is interesting about your comment and those in general concerning dual pricing, and the like, is that when Thais go overseas they become aware that in western countries everybody pays the same for anything.  Your comment about accepting that non-Thais paying more in places such as nature parks as being acceptable so that they, "... can enjoy their own country..." is pure nonsense.  Why?  Any visitor to just about any country usually pays the same prices as the local population.  Examples, go to Singapore and visit the national park which has a butterfly enclosure, the grass, the trees, etc., or in Canada, visit Niagara Falls (free) and the gardens in the area, one of which has a hummingbird enclosure, or the national parks in European countries, and most are free or everybody pays the same fees.  It has nothing to do with national heritage, as you mention, but pure greed.  Thais are taught they are unique, and they are correct in the main for the wrong reasons, especially when they try to rip off non-Thais.  It is obvious you are out of touch with affairs pertaining to tourism fees and even living costs in other countries.  If a student visits the U.K. and has a student pass, then they get a discount for many attractions. 

11 minutes ago, wotsdermatter said:

What is interesting about your comment and those in general concerning dual pricing, and the like, is that when Thais go overseas they become aware that in western countries everybody pays the same for anything.  Your comment about accepting that non-Thais paying more in places such as nature parks as being acceptable so that they, "... can enjoy their own country..." is pure nonsense.  Why?  Any visitor to just about any country usually pays the same prices as the local population.  Examples, go to Singapore and visit the national park which has a butterfly enclosure, the grass, the trees, etc., or in Canada, visit Niagara Falls (free) and the gardens in the area, one of which has a hummingbird enclosure, or the national parks in European countries, and most are free or everybody pays the same fees.  It has nothing to do with national heritage, as you mention, but pure greed.  Thais are taught they are unique, and they are correct in the main for the wrong reasons, especially when they try to rip off non-Thais.  It is obvious you are out of touch with affairs pertaining to tourism fees and even living costs in other countries.  If a student visits the U.K. and has a student pass, then they get a discount for many attractions. 

I never said I accepted dual pricing in national parks. 

I do not accept any form of dual pricing. 

Never have. Never will. 

I don’t know who you have quoted there, but they are not my words. 

Edited by Bluespunk

23 minutes ago, wotsdermatter said:

You have quoted a post and changed the content.

7 hours ago, lingyai said:

It does. I bet she has to sell her Ferrari now as she will not be able to afford the payments any longer

This is a serious subject

Infantile comments such as yours do nothing for your standing

Carry on

I shall make no further comment as I have no desire to waste my time

Have a nice day

17 hours ago, lingyai said:

This is like the broken record of ThaiVisa.

Tourists are still coming.

Yes they are but the europeans who actually spend money are here in ever decreasing numbers.  

The broken record is constantly being told they are here in record numbers which they are not because anyone with eyesight can see they are not.

On 1/18/2018 at 9:40 AM, Bluespunk said:

I accept dual pricing for nothing, but the growing hysteria surrounding this case is out of proportion to the offence. 

Its just the way things work. People have known about dual pricing in thailand since time began. But this time a thai got stung and it is time to crucify someone. Its how its done here.

like the guy with all the borrowed watches. Everyone borrows watches so whats so special about this guy.

10 hours ago, wotsdermatter said:

In all those countries the earning power of locals would be near the same as visitors.

As has been mentioned a zillion times even in US locals pay less.

Get a local ID in Thailand.

2 hours ago, quadperfect said:

Its just the way things work. People have known about dual pricing in thailand since time began. But this time a thai got stung and it is time to crucify someone. Its how its done here.

like the guy with all the borrowed watches. Everyone borrows watches so whats so special about this guy.

I’ve never borrowed a watch in my life.

While, neither of the things you mentioned  are acceptable, the two cases are not exactly the same thing. 

One is about high level corruption, the other is a woman mimicking an officially sanctioned policy (for certain attractions). 

Both are something that should be dealt with, however the hounding of this woman and avoiding any attempt to change the whole concept of dual pricing at an officially sanctioned level is pure hypocrisy. 

Edited by Bluespunk

46 minutes ago, lingyai said:

In all those countries the earning power of locals would be near the same as visitors.

"Get a local ID in Thailand."

Great idea: everytime you go shopping at a local market, or eat street food, flash your ID in front of them.

PS: I am being sarcastic.

1 hour ago, lingyai said:

As has been mentioned a zillion times, those 'locals' in USA (and elsewhere) are people who live in the 'local' area, not people who live there and also happen to be US citizens and no other. 

I, as a non-USA citizen, could qualify for USA 'local' rates if I fit the definition of a 'local'.

BTW, I have a local (foreigner's) ID in Thailand and it's hit-or-miss (usually miss) whether or not 'local' rate is given.

13 hours ago, MartinL said:

As has been mentioned a zillion times, those 'locals' in USA (and elsewhere) are people who live in the 'local' area, not people who live there and also happen to be US citizens and no other. 

I, as a non-USA citizen, could qualify for USA 'local' rates if I fit the definition of a 'local'.

BTW, I have a local (foreigner's) ID in Thailand and it's hit-or-miss (usually miss) whether or not 'local' rate is given.

So its a different definition of local? Why can't Thailand decide their policy?

If you live in Thailand and you speak even the most very elementary Thai you will be fine.