Is Divorce Legal

4.real

I married a thai lady in a London registry office some years ago.I am now divorced [thailand divorce] .

My Lawyer here in Thailand has seen the official paper I have and says it is the correct divorce paper.

QUESTION.

Am i still married in the eyes of the english justice system.?

Can i remarry in either england or thailand?

I e-mailed the embassy in Bangkok who did not want to give any assistance.

Anyone [must be] out there who has been in my position?

Thanks ,in advance.

My understanding is that the divorce is legal (recognised) in England, but that it in no way prevents the wife (or you) from going through the English courts to deal with matters relating to the estate or children of the marriage.

No doubt others can advise better.

Edited by Mobi D'Ark

My understanding is that the divorce is legal (recognised) in England, but that it in no way prevents the wife (or you) from going through the English courts to deal with matters relating to the estate or children of the marriage.

Thanks Mobi.

No estate to sort out. all done but I have not informed [who?] british authorities re my divorce.

I guess I will marry again within the next few years if only to pass on my pension to some deserving female.

Thanks Mobi.

No estate to sort out. all done but I have not informed [who?] british authorities re my divorce.

I guess I will marry again within the next few years if only to pass on my pension to some deserving female.

Advise the pension authorities of the divorce so the ex cannot claim, if there is more to do they will let you know. Including the fees. :o

Edited by Chang_paarp

I married a thai lady in a London registry office some years ago.I am now divorced [thailand divorce] .

My Lawyer here in Thailand has seen the official paper I have and says it is the correct divorce paper.

QUESTION.

Thanks ,in advance.

To remarry in Thailand, you will need an affirmation of freedom to marry, obtainable at the embassy, or download copy. You take all the relevant info. Divorce papers. the form tells you. If the British Embassy accepts it, you are free to marry.

QUESTION.

Thanks ,in advance.

To remarry in Thailand, you will need an affirmation of freedom to marry, obtainable at the embassy, or download copy. You take all the relevant info. Divorce papers. the form tells you. If the British Embassy accepts it, you are free to marry.

Thanks for that Simbo.