Hundreds of police in Thailand block anti-junta march

rooster59

12 minutes ago, robblok said:

You and I have totally different ideas.. probably because your far away from the action and could not care less for the bloodshed.

An insurrection is only useful when there is a good alternative.. replace these guys with one of the corrupt parties democrats or PTP.. what changes...  nothing. just other corrupt people in power who do the same crappy things. An insurrection would only be useful if there was a good alternative. Right now they are all tainted and corrupt. If you think its useful to see load of blood shed just to get an other bunch of crooks in power.. then that is your opinion not mine.

I might agree with you if there was a good alternative.. but still I am against bloodshed and violence. 

I don't mind if the other crooks get in power by voting at least then no blood has been shed for a mere change of who is going to get rich stealing from Thailand.

Your 2nd paragraph and last paragraph contradict each other.

Your first sentence insults my intelligence and morality. I saw first hand the victims of army brutality in BKK on return to the villages in the sticks in 2010/11. And the stories I heard, a lot of it never even got to the main media outlets. Lets leave it at that...

Your ideas are totally different to mine yes. We can agree on that.

But how long do you wanna wait for change?

In the meantime, the country just gets raped fiscally and judicially and just goes further back in time and further behind the rest of Asia.

How long?

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Your 2nd paragraph and last paragraph contradict each other.

Your first sentence insults my intelligence and morality. I saw first hand the victims of army brutality in BKK on return to the villages in the sticks in 2010/11. And the stories I heard, a lot of it never even got to the main media outlets. Lets leave it at that...

Your ideas are totally different to mine yes. We can agree on that.

But how long do you wanna wait for change?

In the meantime, the country just gets raped fiscally and judicially and just goes further back in time and further behind the rest of Asia.

How long?

The country got raped by the Shins too, and by the democrats and their allies. Its just a change of who can rape the country. If you think that justifies normal people dying for. I disagree.. let the leaders die for the right to rape this country. 

No my second and last don't contradict themselves, voting is bloodless and if that means new crooks come in power no problem no blood has been shed to get them there. A insurrection is filled with blood and if it only puts new crooks there its not worth it. If there was a good alternative then maybe the insurrection would be worth it.

I don't get why you think its ok for the low level people get killed just to put other crooks again in power. Unless of course you think the PTP is clean and not corrupt like the junta. (though they have been proven to be corrupt).

Was bloodshed needed to get a clean not corrupt government i might agree with you ( I am still really against bloodshed). 

39 minutes ago, robblok said:

If millions are hoping for it the 200 people turnout is a bit low don't you think. Right now its a stupid thing to do. If they had say 200.000 sure...  that might change thing... 200 does not change a thing and only gives the junta more excuses to hold onto power.

"Excuses to hold onto power."

Robblok, come on man get with the picture have a look at history, please. They aint giving up their power this has been clear almost from the beginning of the coup it has been reinforced in recent times with the rules in place to severely hamper the ability for others to form effective opposition parties to compete with the Junta players in an election.

1 minute ago, Oziex1 said:

"Excuses to hold onto power."

Robblok, come on man get with the picture have a look at history, please. They aint giving up their power this has been clear almost from the beginning of the coup it has been reinforced in recent times with the rules in place to severely hamper the ability for others to form effective opposition parties to compete with the Junta players in an election.

I am pretty sure an election will be held.. too much pressure on them to refuse that. Now if people choose to vote for the junta that is their choice (would not be my choice though). I thought everyone here always said a junta party would be a huge loss for them ? Guess not everyone is convinced of that.

46 minutes ago, steven100 said:

If you are aware of Thailands past history and I have witnessed it several times, the Junta do place some tanks at major intersections even just for a show of force.

Now also,  haven't you seen what's going on in Chile, Greece, parts of the US, and many parts of Africa,  protestors turn violent.

Sometimes protestors turn violent and therefore the authorities turn against them. However,  many protests are peacefull and happen without indecent as such no need for trouble.

Have I explained that sufficiently ..  :shock1:    

drivethru.jpg.475837728de93aac5bf8cebb95fd613a.jpg

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:
1 hour ago, robblok said:

Its stupid.. gives the junta the perfect excuse to cling onto power even longer. 

Or roll out the tanks!

Or start a civil war.

A junta can also be kicked ass, you know. The only issue is that it get very ugly just before that happens.

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

I also don't think so.. its usually wishful thinking of a few people who seem to want to experience a violent uprising for the excitement of it.

In the words of Clement Attlee " a period of silence on your part would be welcome".

1 minute ago, jayboy said:

In the words of Clement Attlee " a period of silence on your part would be welcome".

Why would i be silent, this is an open forum. Guess its normal for you to want others to be silent if they don't share your opinion. How enlightened of you. 

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

I am pretty sure an election will be held.. too much pressure on them to refuse that. Now if people choose to vote for the junta that is their choice (would not be my choice though). I thought everyone here always said a junta party would be a huge loss for them ? Guess not everyone is convinced of that.

What sort of election?

A rigged one? Yeah fair chance that might happen.

A fair and square and all sides equal election? Nah, never gonna happen with this lot. And you know it.

Hence, what's the point?

1 minute ago, robblok said:

I am pretty sure an election will be held.. too much pressure on them to refuse that.

Sure there is pressure on them for many years already, but they couldn't care less, as is obvious about the article from today that already steps are taken to create another delay.

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

Now if people choose to vote for the junta that is their choice (would not be my choice though).

You should have posted that in the pub forum :clap2:

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

I thought everyone here always said a junta party would be a huge loss for them ? Guess not everyone is convinced of that.

The only ones who are not convinced of that is the Army, you and Steven100

1 hour ago, Evert250 said:

Many populations of countries around the world are simply not ready for democracy. Thailand on that list.

"Democracy" surely you don't still believe in fairy tales do you? or have you fallen for the illusion of choice, maybe better than reality?

1 minute ago, thaiguzzi said:

What sort of election?

A rigged one? Yeah fair chance that might happen.

A fair and square and all sides equal election? Nah, never gonna happen with this lot. And you know it.

Hence, what's the point?

Rigged who knows.. but still people can vote for other parties. Nobody will force them to vote for the junta.

If the junta by some miracle (i think everyone is convinced they wont get votes im not 100% sure but doubt they will be popular) wins the vote then its the peoples decision. Do you really think that if the junta is that hated people will vote for it ? Sounds more that your a bit afraid of a vote. 

As long as they can choose who they vote for its ok, now there might be some campaigning restrictions.. but if that is all it is to overcome hatred of junta (doubt it) then the junta is obviously not that hated. 

Just now, robblok said:

Why would i be silent, this is an open forum. Guess its normal for you to want others to be silent if they don't share your opinion. How enlightened of you. 

It's an open forum and I welcome differing points of view. But your posts are so ill informed (voting for Junta ) and puerile (protesting for the excitement of it!) that they clog up the discussion.

1 hour ago, PattayaAngel said:

Yeah let's crush freedom everywhere!  Tanks in New York too?  YEAH!!!  Tanks in London  YEAH!!!  same anywhere in the world?   WHAT ARE YOU ON????   

You ask what Steven is on?

Poor man is in love, and you know the saying ... Love is blind.

Poor man is blindly in love with Prayut.

Edited by colinneil

2 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Sure there is pressure on them for many years already, but they couldn't care less, as is obvious about the article from today that already steps are taken to create another delay.

You should have posted that in the pub forum :clap2:

The only ones who are not convinced of that is the Army, you and Steven100

Your out of your mind I don't want them to win. They are corrupt too. But I don't pretend to know what the Thai populace want only a vote will show that. 

1 minute ago, jayboy said:

It's an open forum and I welcome differing points of view. But your posts are so ill informed (voting for Junta ) and puerile (protesting for the excitement of it!) that they clog up the discussion.

Ill informed.. voting for the junta.. guess everyone but you expects a military party to be created. That would be voting for the junta.

As for my other opinion of a group of foreigners here that are itching for a violent revolt for the excitement of it.. i won't withdraw it seen quite a few of those blood thirsty posters on here who seem to crave violence. 

What is it about this country that seems to be without direction, history repeats over and over , the greedy rule and take and take from the people.

Unlike other countries throughout history where a popular leader with a plan appears, nothing like this has happened or is likely to happen any time soon.

Maybe the situation just has to get worse to draw out a leader with some substance.

Any Thai Mandala or Gandhi on the horizon?

Just now, Oziex1 said:

What is it about this country that seems to be without direction, history repeats over and over , the greedy rule and take and take from the people.

Unlike other countries throughout history where a popular leader with a plan appears, nothing like this has happened or is likely to happen any time soon.

Maybe the situation just has to get worse to draw out a leader with some substance.

Any Thai Mandala or Gandhi on the horizon?

That is the problem here so far.. whoever get in power is corrupt too.. so why should  people get killed to replace one corrupt leader with an other ? The only reason i would have for ever supporting a violent uprising would be if there was a real non corrupt alternative. 

5 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

Name a country where you think the greedy don't rule?

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Bingo   !      if the protestors want to cause trouble then they will get trouble,   same anywhere in the world.

No, in most of the world people are allowed to protest. They are certainly allowed to go for a walk.  And they are allowed to criticize leadership.

In in this case they were holding hands and walking, not throwing Molotov cocktails.

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

so why should  people get killed to replace one corrupt leader with an other ? The only reason i would have for ever supporting a violent uprising would be if there was a real non corrupt alternative. 

You forget most of us foreigners get our currency from our home countries.

Nothing like a civil war to improve the exchange rate and lower property prices.

Uncle tut has outlived his welcome, free haircuts and little ditties about making Thailand happy again won t satisfy the people.  Everyone knows there will be an excuse not to have the election on time and how free will it be as long as the barrell of a gun is there to over see it.  

The beatings will continue until moral improves!  

Edited by isaanbanhou

1 hour ago, PattayaAngel said:

Yeah let's crush freedom everywhere!  Tanks in New York too?  YEAH!!!  Tanks in London  YEAH!!!  same anywhere in the world?   WHAT ARE YOU ON????   

Overdosing on junta juice has that effect on him. And we must suffer also

2 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Name a country where you think the greedy don't rule?

Not sure why you needed to be so selective in quoting that part of my post, anyway the thing is while all in power may be greedy and represent the very greedy, there is still a little left for others and there is a chance to be comfortable. Under the present regime those chances are greatly reduced for many in some areas of Thailand.