Hundreds of police in Thailand block anti-junta march

rooster59

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, brucec64 said:

Rob, you are smarter than that and being deliberately obtuse. You know full well the system is rigged and that the junta will remain in power regardless of the outcome of the election. The only way a non junta government is formed is with a PTP Democrats coalition. Anything else results in an outsider PM.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

No I am not being obtuse, the system is rigged (agreed) but it still needs support from the people votes for their plan to work. If the junta is so hated as everyone seems to think (i don't pretend to know ill wait for a vote) then its highly unlikely that the army party gets enough votes to help Prayut to become the outsider PM. 

This might be different if many people vote for the army party.. but if that happens.. is that than not the will of the people ?

25 minutes ago, toughlove said:

Big slap in the face for TV anti junta key board warriors, thousand of posts over the years insisting that thais want " their home countries version of democracy "

Well the Thais have responded with a firm NO!!

I don't know any Thai that doesn't want him dead.

But they aren't going to say that in public and risk death or disappearance. 

But in any vote the Shins will win again, which is why there won't be any vote.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

No I am not being obtuse, the system is rigged (agreed) but it still needs support from the people votes for their plan to work. If the junta is so hated as everyone seems to think (i don't pretend to know ill wait for a vote) then its highly unlikely that the army party gets enough votes to help Prayut to become the outsider PM. 

This might be different if many people vote for the army party.. but if that happens.. is that than not the will of the people ?

Prayut only needs 10 to 20 % for his plan to work. I don't call that the will of the people.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

22 minutes ago, steven100 said:

why do you think only 220 are protesting  ?   because the other 59,780,000 are happy with Khun Prayut and the Military in government.

Sadly, some TV farang just can't see the forest for the trees.

Make that 237 protesting.

Our Bangkok Thai office staff would like to show you the 20th floor window.

20 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Are you by any chance related to George Carlin? That was a humorous little rant there. Addressing Little P. as Khun Prayut? What has he done to earn your respect lately? And how on earth can you possibly say he has 99.9% support among the people?

Because decent, hard working people do not want to risk getting arrested by the junta?

Because they have been cowed into submission by the draconian laws imposed by a near dictator?

Because press censorship is in place, and it is hard to get real information on what is really going on?

Because nobody wants to subject themselves to "attitude adjustment"?

Is that how a benevolent government behaves? Seriously? What economic development are you referring to? 

What part of this do you find incomprehensible   ?

Thais want peace and stability.  Not insecurity & fighting.  The Military provides security, Khun Prayut provides economic development ..................... 

why do you think only 220 are protesting  ?   because the other 59,780,000 are happy with Khun Prayut and the Military in government.

I don't know any Thai that doesn't want him dead.
But they aren't going to say that in public and risk death or disappearance. 

But in any vote the Shins will win again, which is why there won't be any vote.
You guys are really calling thais cowards. Just about every brutal regime that was toppled globally the army was called in and the killing began

Did those millions of protesters run away? Absolutely not.

I guess you guys are to heavily vested in the democracy push that you have no choice but to call them cowards because it sure beats admitting they are content... But the embarrassing number of protesters today certainly confirmed it.

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

Bingo   !      if the protestors want to cause trouble then they will get trouble,   same anywhere in the world.

Yes, because our benevolent leaders are the cause of our rights. And marching is of course the height of causing trouble, whatever next? Waving placards!!! Shoot them all!!

"We want to tell the junta that you have taken Thailand back a long way. The people in the agriculture ministry are all generals. There are just generals!" said one protest leader.

"Let's hold hands! We are friends!" he said, appealing to around 200 protestors gathered at the Thammasat University in Rangsit, north of Bangkok.

It hurts a lot to read this. Most of my M. 5 high school students would have been part of the anti junta march. Unfortunately, are they too young to join in, but they're not stupid. They are so fed up with the system that it's really time for a change. 

The biggest mistake a government can make is not to listen to the next generation. Nobody wants to see/hear the weekly soap speeches, and that includes many/most foreigners. Except one, which is a real miracle that a foreigner can be on the side of a guy who brings Thailand ten steps back when it's trying to go one step forward. 

P.S. When will the first tanks be used to drive over students' heads who just wanted to express their feelings? 

Edited by jenny2017

8 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

IMO..jobs for the boys..Ms Lergarde..found guilty in Court early this year in France re corruption ..walked free..head of world bank..tax free salary plus 5 star expense account
As I said..windbags big time
Also spoke out against BREXIT which is NONE OF HER BUSINESS

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

She was found guilty of negligence not corruption.  And although you may have only seen the WorldBanks president being critised for not paying tax, it is actually all UN employees who are excempt as is potentially any international organisation, anyway that is part of the agreement, it allows their employees to work throughout the world on the same pay scale.  And there is slightly more to the UN than the head of the WorldBank and the president of the IMF anyway, they directly employ 44,000, that you see those jobs as being jobs for the boys only says something about you. Don't you know anyone who works for them?

"We want to tell the junta that you have taken Thailand back a long way. The people in the agriculture ministry are all generals. There are just generals!" said one protest leader.

"Let's hold hands! We are friends!" he said, appealing to around 200 protestors gathered at the Thammasat University in Rangsit, north of Bangkok.

It hurts a lot to read this. Most of my M. 5 high school students would have been part of the anti junta march. Unfortunately, are they too young to join in, but they're not stupid. They are so fed up with the system that it's really time for a change. 

The biggest mistake a government can make is not to listen to the next generation. Nobody wants to see/hear the weekly soap speeches, and that includes many/most foreigners. Except one, which is a real miracle that a foreigner can be on the side of a guy who brings Thailand ten steps back when it's trying to go one step forward. 

P.S. When will the first tanks be used to drive over students' heads who just wanted to express their feelings? 

Lots of words but no substance.

My students would have marched Yeah yeah but they didn't

10 steps back? Yep like thailand has been flying along before the coupe if anything you got that the wrong way around

Students heads crushed? Stop being a drama queen that never happened.

A post about nothing!!

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

I don't think the UN or HRW have very much credability within the global world.

I don't think that you are a better person just because you like a guy who brought the total chaos to the country.

You don't like foreigners, you like the little general, but you don't like to see that people are actually standing up and doing something against him? 

1 minute ago, toughlove said:

Lots of words buy no substance.

My students would have marched Yeah yeah but they didn't

10 steps back? Yep like thailand has been flying along before the coupe if anything you got that the wrong way around

Students heads crushed? Stop being a drama queen that never happened.

A post about nothing!!

You seem to be so smart, but you aren't. Have you ever had a chat with young people and listened to their thoughts?

Calling me a drama queen just shows how much you know about Thailand and its problems. Let me guess, you do not live here, right? 

You seem to be so smart, but you aren't. Have you ever had a chat with young people and listened to their thoughts?  

Calling me a drama queen just shows how much you know about Thailand and its problems. Let me guess, you do not live here, right? 

I called you a drama queen for speculating on something that hasn't happened. " heads crushed" are powerful words and should not be thrown around just to back up your argument.No way you are teacher with that mindset !

I sense the end is near for this bunch of robbers. There are just too many warning signs that can’t be ignored. Privy council, former alligned politicians, academics, media and civil servants have been very critical of the junta. No top guy want his first year to be associated with unrest. He will go rather in an undignified manner together with those expat supporters in TVF. 

4 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

What is it about this country that seems to be without direction, history repeats over and over , the greedy rule and take and take from the people.

Unlike other countries throughout history where a popular leader with a plan appears, nothing like this has happened or is likely to happen any time soon.

Maybe the situation just has to get worse to draw out a leader with some substance.

Any Thai Mandala or Gandhi on the horizon?

Yes he would be my choice:

https://de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sulak_Sivaraksa

Have seen him several years ago on "Hardtalk". Maybe it is available on YouTube