Hundreds of police in Thailand block anti-junta march

rooster59

I didn't bother reading all 15 pages.  It's clear that the usual suspects are insisting the the best way to deal with military rule is to passively accept.  And of course there are those who insist that "Thailand isn't ready for democracy", ignoring the fact that no country was ever ready for democracy, it's always involved an endless learning process, uninterrupted by military coups.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

yes I read many articles regarding the subject

But if I knew that if I was to get 5 years and given an escape route the day before being incarcerated in a Thai prison I would take it

so would you

dead  martyrs have no second chance

I would too... but then again I did not promise to fight to the end. 

4 minutes ago, PattayaAngel said:

I'm sorry but that's not true. I know of no Thai supporter who blames her in the least. She is a heroine of Thailand and is, and will be, remembered that way.  She was 'encouraged' to go or face a huge sentence. I am full of admiration for her as are most Thais I know.

Strange that i read so and AGareth2 too.. and he certainly is not on my side. Maybe you did not read enough. 

23 hours ago, robblok said:

Sometimes you have to think before you set your first step

Rob Blok

:smile:

Seriously.v.. either turn up with a real massive amount of protesters or don't turn up at all. This will only give them the excuses they need. 

And be very careful of what you are  stepping into. 

Edited by Artisi

15 hours ago, Air Smiles said:

Are these the same young people who routinely murder each other with homemade guns and machetes just because they go to a different university?

Tbh most young people cant find their own a$$ with both hands even on a good day.

You are confusing University with Technical college.

Technical college is where the 'naughty' 15 year olds are sent when thrown out of high school (in the USA I believe it's called workshop).

University is where 18 year olds go for further education.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

There is no doubt that Thailand needs a hero. A martyr perhaps. Someone who is ready, willing, and able to rally the people, out of the current morass. Someone with great courage, who is able to lead, and set a real example for the people, against the incompetent clowns who are currently running the show. Who will that person be? When will they emerge?

Unfortunately for Thailand, the system, the education, the culture and the faith, does not really seem to encourage a great deal of individualism, nor does it seem to encourage the development of self esteem. So, where is that person going to come from?

Calling them incompetent clowns is indeed an incredible insult for all honest clowns on this planet. At least they know what they are doing. 

3 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

You are confusing University with Technical college.

Technical college is where the 'naughty' 15 year olds are sent when thrown out of school (in the USA I believe it's called workshop).

University is where 18 year olds go for further education.

"Technical colleges" in Thailand are more a place to keep the kids busy doing something. Usually students who come from villages and those who didn't pass the entrance examinations, or roughly speaking, their parents couldn't afford it to pay the entrance fees to the superb senior high schools from grade 10 to 12 in the cities.

Students who study electronics, for example do not know anything about electric, or electronic after three years. But their uniforms look quite impressive. 

33 minutes ago, PattayaAngel said:

I'm sorry but that's not true. I know of no Thai supporter who blames her in the least. She is a heroine of Thailand and is, and will be, remembered that way.  She was 'encouraged' to go or face a huge sentence. I am full of admiration for her as are most Thais I know.

Well, her supporters probably do not blame her for anything. But, she did nearly bankrupt the nation with her simple minded rubber, cassava and rice pledging schemes. If fully implemented, they might have broken the treasury. They were a bald faced attempt to buy support and votes.

Having said that, Yingluck and her father, were probably the only two PM's in Thai history, to actually do anything that benefitted the working class and the commoner. So, they are worshipped for that, and I understand it. 

There is no doubt she was encouraged to go, and was assisted at the highest levels. And for the leader clowns to suggest otherwise is beyond disingenuous. It is a sheer Soviet style disinformation campaign. And also very reminiscent of the charlatan in chief, in the very white house. Deflection, deflection, deflection. Disinformation. Lies. Fabrications. 

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, her supporters probably do not blame her for anything. But, she did nearly bankrupt the nation with her simple minded rubber, cassava and rice pledging schemes. If fully implemented, they might have broken the treasury. They were a bald faced attempt to buy support and votes.

Having said that, Yingluck and her father, were probably the only two PM's in Thai history, to actually do anything that benefitted the working class and the commoner. So, they are worshipped for that, and I understand it. 

There is no doubt she was encouraged to go, and was assisted at the highest levels. And for the leader clowns to suggest otherwise is beyond disingenuous. It is a sheer Soviet style disinformation campaign. And also very reminiscent of the charlatan in chief, in the very white house. Deflection, deflection, deflection. Disinformation. Lies. Fabrications. 

Father, or brother? :shock1: You did it again and insulted an honest occupation. Foreign teachers in LOS belong to the group as well. 

Edited by jenny2017

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

wrong ... it is true but you don't want to agree because your against the Junta.

now that's definately true ...:tongue:

How can anybody with an healthy mindset be for a self proclaimed junta that's arresting people when it wants to? 

43 minutes ago, PattayaAngel said:

Well 'many articles' but not one quoted 

So if I can find articles that show there were supporters that were not happy with her fleeing you will make an apology here and say you were wrong ? Mind you i never said all her supporters were unhappy i said there were red supporters unhappy with her fleeing. 

22 minutes ago, robblok said:

So if I can find articles that show there were supporters that were not happy with her fleeing you will make an apology here and say you were wrong ? Mind you i never said all her supporters were unhappy i said there were red supporters unhappy with her fleeing. 

"Even red supporters were not happy with YL running"

Indicates her supporters were not happy - and it's not true. You did not say 'some'.

I didn't bother reading all 15 pages.  It's clear that the usual suspects are insisting the the best way to deal with military rule is to passively accept.  And of course there are those who insist that "Thailand isn't ready for democracy", ignoring the fact that no country was ever ready for democracy, it's always involved an endless learning process, uninterrupted by military coups.
Don't be silly, no country has had this many failed attempts at democracy.

Problem is thailand was never truly colonized so they are technically 50 years behind other democracies.

The junta is the best thing to happen for the thai people right now. A firm hand to control childish mindsets

14 minutes ago, toughlove said:

Don't be silly, no country has had this many failed attempts at democracy.

Problem is thailand was never truly colonized so they are technically 50 years behind other democracies.

The junta is the best thing to happen for the thai people right now. A firm hand to control childish mindsets

You mean no country has had the military overthrow democratic government as many times as Thailand.  That shows a failing of the generals and the elite that they support, not a failing of the Thai people.

For every example of a qualified success at democracy in a formally colonized country, there are many more examples of failures.  Colonization does not guarantee success.

You mean no country has had the military overthrow democratic government as many times as Thailand.  That shows a failing of the generals and the elite that they support, not a failing of the Thai people.

For every example of a qualified success at democracy in a formally colonized country, there are many more examples of failures.  Colonization does not guarantee success.
When the thai people tried to burn down bangkok it shows the whole country is failing.

I guess you were not in the country or didn't read the news.

Leave the junta in power for another 10 years and start educating the next generation of school kids about democracy.

4 minutes ago, toughlove said:

When the thai people tried to burn down bangkok it shows the whole country is failing.

Leave the junta in power for another 10 years and start educating the next generation of school kids about democracy.

You mean when the Thai people were protesting for elections and the military turned its guns on them, reporters, nurses, etc?  Yes, I was here.

The junta continues to demonstrate it is clueless about democracy.  What little misguided efforts it is making in education are not preparing students for democracy.

You mean when the Thai people were protesting for elections and the military turned its guns on them, reporters, nurses, etc?  Yes, I was here.

The junta continues to demonstrate it is clueless about democracy.  What little misguided efforts it is making in education are not preparing students for democracy.
If you are right about democracy then there would be democracy. Absolutely nothing will stop a tidal wave of 60 million people. The army doesn't have enough bullets.

So either the Thais are cowards, or they are loving their peaceful lives.

Which one?

8 minutes ago, toughlove said:

It was an inexcusable act by the red shirts to seize Ratchaphrasong but they were only copying the yellow shirts' seizure of the airport a couple of years previously. And they had a good reason to be angry- the defection of several of their MPs to help Abhisit form a government.

The incident was confined to the area around  Central World, Away from there it didn't affect anyone. 

1 minute ago, toughlove said:

If you are right about democracy then there would be democracy. Absolutely nothing will stop a tidal wave of 60 million people. The army doesn't have enough bullets.

Which one?

Protests for democracy are hampered by censorship of the press and internet and bans on public assembly.  Attempts at protests are met with police, then soldiers, then bullets.  It is a proven method to maintain repressive government.

It was an inexcusable act by the red shirts to seize Ratchaphrasong but they were only copying the yellow shirts' seizure of the airport a couple of years previously. And they had a good reason to be angry- the defection of several of their MPs to help Abhisit form a government.
The incident was confined to the area around  Central World, Away from there it didn't affect anyone. 
How about the take over of Suvarnabhumi Airport?

That affected thousands right?

2 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

I wonder if Steven was born this way and sucked up all these fascist ideas during his socialization process, or if his strange (to be polite) ideas only developed after severe and long lasting attitude adjustment. 

I'm guessing socialization, possibly including tiny minded racism.

1 minute ago, toughlove said:

Which one?

So if you are not prepared to die for democracy you are a coward! That's a little harsh isn't it?

It's very simple- all the government have to do is have an election to see who the people want to administer the land.

That's all!  But they know they won't like the results!