running bare-chested

LGMV

50 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

On the other hand, if you're from the new world and don't have snowflake like qualities when it comes to what other people  think, then feel free to remove your shirt when exercising in public. There is no law against it (unless you're female). In fact, I've been doing it for 15 years, and never had a problem.  Nor do I even remember any negative comments either. If you don't beleive me, then get out more. 

So, a snowfake is someone who doesnt really like seeing men running around shirtless ?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, 12DrinkMore said:

Nah, some people have class and some people are just bogans.

...or the uncouth lout thinks that his body is so wonderful that they should display it and others should be forced to 'admire' it.  There is no other reason to do it, surely?

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

So, a snowfake is someone who doesnt really like seeing men running around shirtless ?

No, it's people who are offended by it, triggering outrage and think that they have the moral right to tell other law abiding people what they should do, how to behave, what to wear etc. 

4 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

No, it's people who are offended by it, triggering outrage and think that they have the moral right to tell other law abiding people what they should do, how to behave, what to wear etc. 

Who is getting offended by it though ?

You stated that you had no issues in running around semi naked for 15 years .

No one is telling you what to do or how to behave , you happily go running around semi naked and I will happily look the other way  as too not see you

28 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

when they see someone there doing muay thai, or takraw or lifting weights or jogging without a shirt on. 

You've lost the plot. The o/p was about jogging shirtless.

Thais don't go shirtless jogging or walking. Sitting in a restaurant or shopping shirtless is ignorant as well unless on the beach. Its an insulting and threatening behavior. What you mention is a different kind of exercise where some aggressive stance is part of the sport, Thais understand that.

30 minutes ago, robblok said:

You seem to have not much knowledge about Thai culture. People rarely complain (to avoid conflict) do you really think they would tell you if you were offending them (creating conflict). 

My knowledge of Thais has come from conversation and observation. My home borders a village park and I see plenty of people exercising there. NONE of the Thais ever go bare chest for exercise. I was told in general it is frowned upon with some exceptions of course as not everyone always thinks the same thing. 

I guess I don't have much knowledge of thai culture. Neither do the thais I train with twice a week in the local park.

Care to educate us? Lumpini park this Friday.....come on down, we'd be glad to meet an expert, but I can understand if you don't want to be seen with us lower classes

Lumpini-Outdoor-1.jpg.e835f542d5097a35e1e2e26261484254.jpg

Edited by Time Traveller

Northern chinese men have a very pronounced, and ugly, habit of rolling up the front of the 

t-shirt to about the nipples and displaying the gut belly, this only in the summer.

To see a group of lazy, slovens puffing away on cigs, swilling rot-gut 'bai jiu' with dirty yellow smelly bellies hanging out...the boorish result of thousands of years of male domination.

I never saw a white man do this.

Just now, Time Traveller said:

I guess I don't have much knowledge of thai culture. Neither do the thais I train with twice a week in the local park.

Care to educate us? Lumpini park this Friday.....come on down, we'd be glad to meet an expert, but I can understand if you don't want to hand out with us lower classes

Different places different experiences, not in the park where I live and who says nobody is offended by this. I told you not everyone thinks the same. 

I would not train there, but that has nothing to do with class and all with safety. There are no collars on that bar. That can be dangerous, in the past I had weight slip off and if the weight is heavy enough.. after one side slips you lie on the floor with the other part of the weight (been there done that). Now that I am a bit older i prefer to workout in my own gym. Spend enough on it in the 10 years that i lived here.  I am not sure i could even workout properly in that heat.

20 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

...or the uncouth lout thinks that his body is so wonderful that they should display it and others should be forced to 'admire' it.  There is no other reason to do it, surely?

It is a lack of self-confidence and an attention seeking disorder.

They will proclaim that, "they don't care what other people think", whereas in fact, in all cases, it is exactly the opposite.

The poor guys need to have someone notice that they exist.

5 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

Care to educate us? Lumpini park this Friday.....come on down, we'd be glad to meet an expert, but I can understand if you don't want to be seen with us lower classes

Thanks for the offer, but I have no desire to see you shirtless in person.  I come from a nation where  running shirtless in public is frowned upon and it is in "the new world"  Which one is you by the way, the top or the bottom

16 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

I do believe that there is a certain amount of exhibitionism going on with guys running around topless , especially when they wear tight Lycra shorts and big running shoes , which are akin to girls wearing high heels .

Not much difference between them and girls wrapped around poles in go-go bars

9 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

Care to provide evidence of Thais jogging shirtless with you?

14 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

That area should be fenced off with hoardings around it , it looks like they are having sex

6 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

No. I have no evidence.

muay-thai-running.jpg.b802c518fcfa78d22897c3bfea457616.jpg

Either that's not you or the other photo that you posted (#37) wasn't you.  Which one is the b ullshit one?

If that really is you in the photo in this post then you really need to put a shirt on.  That body is not something to be showing off.

Edited by Just Weird

If you dont care what others think

1) why would you post a thread about it

2) why would you have justify what you are doing 

I don t see many positive comments on your actions,  now you know what your peers think.

I suspect it brings you pleasure to make others cringe,

Would I stop you on the street and tell you I think you have no manners? no. I promise I won t. 

Would I enjoy your company? no I doubt I would. 

Do I give a rats arse what you do? no as well

Edited by isaanbanhou

18 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That area should be fenced off with hoardings around it , it looks like they are having sex

Just an unconventional way of spotting someone (spotting is helping someone with the last few reps). Normally people would stand behind the intended target to do it. 

1 hour ago, Time Traveller said:

The correct answer is this. If you're a farang from a class structured society like Britain who beleives they are better than others and think it's important to project the image they are part of the upper crust of society and living in fear of what the mythical thai upper/middle class think of them, then leave your shirt on, and continue to denounce other farang especially in front of thais to hammer home the point, that you're one of the "good farangs". Reasssure yourself it's going to earn you lots of respect amongst the Thai upper/middle classes. 

On the other hand, if you're from the new world and don't have snowflake like qualities when it comes to what other people  think, then feel free to remove your shirt when exercising in public. There is no law against it (unless you're female). In fact, I've been doing it for 15 years, and never had a problem.  Nor do I even remember any negative comments either. If you don't beleive me, then get out more. 

You obviously never go to Antibes harbour in south of France because it would have cost you a fine of 20 euros, Same in Cannes and Nice for instance

bare chested.jpg

41 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Either that's not you or the other photo that you posted (#37) wasn't you.  Which one is the b ullshit one?

If that really is you in the photo in this post then you really need to put a shirt on.  That body is not something to be showing off.

I told you in my post, I have no evidence of me jogging without a shirt. It's from a friend's gym of boxers that train with them. But 3 of them are thais, none of them have shirts, and they are all jogging on the street in thailand.....and that's the evidence you wanted to see.

Edited by Time Traveller

6 minutes ago, Time Traveller said:

I told you in my post, I have no evidence of me jogging without a shirt. It's from a friend's gym of boxers that train with them. But 3 of them are thais, none of them have shirts, and they are all jogging on the street in thailand.....and that's the evidence you wanted to see.

You're right, I misread your reply as meaning you had evidence.  But can you explain why you posted photos that are irrelevant as far as your exercising is concerned?

The implication that you made was that there are Thais doing the same shirtless jogging with you when there are clearly not.  That last photo is not the evidence "I wanted to see", this discussion revolves around you, not some unconnected boxers in some unconnected location.

4 hours ago, blackcab said:

When I've been jogging in Benjakitti park I've seen two different men jogging without shirts.

Both of them decided to jog the "wrong way" around the lake, with one if them preferring to jog on the cycling track.

Then again I've also seen a nun jogging round the lake in a habit and veil. It certainly makes things more interesting.

Does she jog there habitually then...?

3 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

Funny, he puts down anyone who would have a different opinion than he does because he doesn t care what others think of him.   

I thought same thing, there has got be a Brit basher in here somewhere, even when the article does not refer to them specifically so well done, join the list of many who elect themselves to be a supreme judge of nationalities!