Organic Fertilizers, Compost, Mulch Etc. In Large Bags

Smithson

As a regular contributer to Lickeys Farming Humour thread, I think the greater part of this subject should be migrated to the humour column. I have not laughed so hard in ages. Who's on First, What's on Second....

Actually, doubt the worms give a sh_t anyway.

My question is, has anyone produced pelletised organic fertiliser? If so, where did you get the pelleting equipment? Is it an axial extruder or a drum type?

post-58663-1230649602_thumb.jpg

Hi IsaanAussie

At the Si Saket show which runs to the 6th jan a nearby university had on display three different types of equipment to product fertilizer from organic materials.They designed-- manufactured and sell them. One produced pellets another a crushed type --- those displayed were not large scale equip--- looked more suited to small output. the only paperwork they had which shows a larger machine was a very poor small reproduction--- but I attach a scan -- it may come out. The Ph Number is-----045-811050

cheers tig

• 4 weeks later...
As a regular contributer to Lickeys Farming Humour thread, I think the greater part of this subject should be migrated to the humour column. I have not laughed so hard in ages. Who's on First, What's on Second....

Actually, doubt the worms give a sh_t anyway.

My question is, has anyone produced pelletised organic fertiliser? If so, where did you get the pelleting equipment? Is it an axial extruder or a drum type?

post-58663-1230649602_thumb.jpg

Hi IsaanAussie

At the Si Saket show which runs to the 6th jan a nearby university had on display three different types of equipment to product fertilizer from organic materials.They designed-- manufactured and sell them. One produced pellets another a crushed type --- those displayed were not large scale equip--- looked more suited to small output. the only paperwork they had which shows a larger machine was a very poor small reproduction--- but I attach a scan -- it may come out. The Ph Number is-----045-811050

cheers tig

Thanks Tig,

I was in Sisaket during the show but didnt get there to see it. What a shame... But I will chase this up when we go back this week. Again thanks for the effort.

Isaanaussie

• 2 weeks later...
Oh dear, here we go again, last time for me im bored, mate i assume you can read, i sincerely hope so and im not mocking you, its just you seem to totally ignore what other people say, i mentioned my favourite site on this subject is a site called 'revital' its very informative and explains all so if i can understand it a brainy fellow like you must be able to and it has a few experts in this field attesting to the 'remarkable' results of this stuff at the bottom of the page, go on spoil yourself have a look then should you feel like stepping up a class and want an argument with them knock yourself out. Mate i have nothing against you except your attitude towards certain things that come up on here and for some reason you want to ask for the in and outs of triviality and ignore the main theme. Stop fighting against advice other people give, if they are wrong i bloody sure it was given with the best intent and if you genuinely know its not right say so then and only then, stop saying things like i cant see that" or "i could be wrong but" look at the last three words you said in your last note "I dont know". Mate i would take you for a beer if i found you, no worries and i dont kiss arse if you knew me you would know that in a second but bugger mate look at the damage you caused to the poor sod selling the stuff, definitely not deserved.

Moderators, moderators...please guys, both yourself Mr Ewelve and your sparring buddy Mr Chownah are eating up valuble time and space with your nonsense....meet on the padang with a handful of your favourite manure and have at it!!

Enough already...I left Oz to get away from arguementative misanthrops and the cumpulsive defenders of their patch type folks...if you can't find happiness and harmony in the land of smiles at least get of this blog site and keep your angst to yourself!!! :o:D

Thank You :D

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Doesnt matter whether it is worm ,bat, pig, chicken, cow or whatever its all fertilizer, you just need to know the NPK percententage and what is the cost per application for your plant. Maybe some of the organic stuff is rich in certain minerals but none of them are magic and most likely much more expensive than an inorganic fertilizer. And by the way the plants dont care which it is as long as they get the correct amount of what they need to grow.

Honestly here in thailand like many other things there are just not that many options to make your own fertilizers. finding the ingredients or their substitutes is the problem. I am running into that problem myself as I have a small piece of land that I am starting to lay out with trees and a garden for the future. I think for me I will prob just go with a ready made liquid and dilute down to fit the plant, and also start some compost piles, the way things rot so fast here lol within a year I should have plenty to start making some raised beds and tree planting soil. I am trying to find somewhere to buy some water retention gel in bulk for the trees.

That would be great if you could find a contact number for the gel. The trees will need all the help they can get as there is no water supply for them and it will be awhile before we can afford a water supply, I am going to look around and find a cheap survey setup to plot out the land so I can maybe make some water catchment areas in the meantime.

Nothing on the product to give me a clue, I bought it at HomePro.

I did a search for Rainbird gel but it looks like they refer to it as an "irrigation supplement"

http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&q=rain...860df8cf2ec5be1

www.rainbird.com

Why not drop them an email, but methinks the importer doesn't sell bulk, but you never know! :)

Keep us posted.

changed search to "rainbird watering gel"

http://www.rainbird.com/pdf/turf/ts_RBIS-Outdoor.pdf

http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&q=rain...860df8cf2ec5be1