Venice restaurant bill outrages Japanese tourists

webfact

10 hours ago, Thian said:

Will show this to my wife, i hope she won't ask me again of going to Venice...

Italy is a beautifull country but the hotels/restaurants are bad....plus they can't speak english.

They can.  They just choose not to.  Cheap entertainment for them...

4 hours ago, Srikcir said:

To be fair the tourists did eat the food rather than rejecting it as food they didn't order.

You eat, you pay.

Sir,  you quoted a very small portion of a post, 7 short words.   I  posted a link and the first sentence of the article.

Perhaps  if you didn t alter posts then quote them, you would have understood, we agree.

If they ate it they should pay. My opinion from the start..

Compare prices with Tachilek, Burma where I can get a 4-course meal for under 100 baht ($3).  Similar in Chiang Rai - where my favorite is Muslim places where the food is tastier than the 3,001 Thai places, .....and Muslim places have soap at their washbins (and they don't use MSG, which nearly all Thai places use).

Ok, I know the topic is Venice rip-off prices at a restaurant there.  Just sayin': tourists often spend money foolishly.  Tourism is Venice's #1 money generator.  Same for Thailand.

Heard a similar story from Japanese friends. Older couple ordered a lunch and the waiter told them they MUST order more food, such as a huge seafood platter. For one thing the guys wife was in remission from Cancer treatment, very skinny people anyway. They refused and were kicked out!
At least the weren’t charged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk