PM Prayut calls for ministry work to be in accordance with reform efforts

webfact

PM calls for ministry work to be in accordance with reform efforts

PNPOL610122001000401_22012018_124854.jpg

BANGKOK, 23 January 2018 (NNT) – The Prime Minister has pressed all ministries to plan their budgets in accordance with the national reform plan and with an understanding of the needs of the public and of sustainability. 

Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha was addressing a high level meeting at Impact Forum on integrative work for development towards Thailand 4.0 attended by 850 ministerial officials. In his speech, entitled “Government Executives and the National Strategy: One Country One Team”, Gen Prayut remarked that this period is crucial to Thailand’s transition away from middle-income status.

He explained that state offices must carefully plan their actions and spending, keeping in mind the reform plan, the needs of the people and sustainability. He said the most important area of development is that of human resources, especially at the grassroots level where officials need to start thinking in terms of Thailand 4.0. 

The PM stated that any ministries suspected of graft must address such accusations and that officials who want advancement must seek to do good deeds and earn their promotions.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-01-23

Don't they just love having meetings and forums where yours truly can waffle on using buzz words and imprecise and self-uplifting statements that all add up to nought. The granddaddy of them all being........

"The PM stated that any ministries suspected of graft must address such accusations and that officials who want advancement must seek to do good deeds and earn their promotions."

I wonder how many of those 850 high ranking bureaucrat attendees have long had their hands deep in the ministerial tills and have no intention of removing them?

8 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Don't they just love having meetings and forums where yours truly can waffle on using buzz words and imprecise and self-uplifting statements that all add up to nought. The granddaddy of them all being........

"The PM stated that any ministries suspected of graft must address such accusations and that officials who want advancement must seek to do good deeds and earn their promotions."

I wonder how many of those 850 high ranking bureaucrat attendees have long had their hands deep in the ministerial tills and have no intention of removing them?

indeed, i believe that these office-holders honestly (sic) believe part of their job description is self-serving by any-means-necessary

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The Prime Minister has pressed all ministries to plan their budgets in accordance with the national reform plan and with an understanding of the needs of the public and of sustainability. 

Do they think that the public need the 3 Chinese made Submarines?

2 hours ago, petermik said:

What exactly is Thailand 4.0............:glare:

It's the sequel to Thailand 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0, although all previous versions never made it through beta testing.

Thailand 4.0 is also still in beta testing.

29 minutes ago, coulson said:

It's the sequel to Thailand 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0, although all previous versions never made it through beta testing.

Thailand 4.0 is in Alfa testing.  There is not enough coding expertise. 

Reform is taking place under the newly inspired political parties in spite of any direction of the government.   The junta's expiry date is growing near as complacency, stagnation and lethargy has set in.  

11 hours ago, petermik said:

What exactly is Thailand 4.0............:glare:

8 hours ago, coulson said:

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

A vague, meaningless soundbite.

I have just tried to save Thailand 4.0 to my cassette on my ZX Spectrum and all I get is an error message "this software is not compatible with 8bit systems", "would you like to download a newer version?".

Can anyone direct me to 4.0.1 or later?