Expenses required for the funeral's 100th day process

vaicrazy

My kid's 100th day funeral process is coming soon.   My wife side has arranged for the ceremony to be combined with another 14 families.   I have already paid 50,000 bht for our family share, to the organiser running the ceremony.

Anyone knows what other expenses that I would be incurring?  my wife says need to buy rice, candles, etc...but refuses to give me a ball park figure.  

Is 10,000 bht sufficient in these current times? 

My FIL 100 day comes up next month and it will be a close family affair and it certainly won't cost more than 10,000 baht for about a dozen of us including temple fees, a monk and a boat on the Bang Pakong river. That is if it goes to roughly the same plan as my MIL 100 day a couple of years ago.

The family organised it themselves and after the ceremony we all went off to lunch and that didn't cost more than a couple of thousand including beer and whisky.

23 minutes ago, AliasJohn said:

It's your kids 100 days. Should a few thousand baht worry you?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I have already paid 50,000 bht for our family share, to the organiser running the ceremony.

Yes, perhaps. It might be the reason why the OP has posted here. Please do not make him/ her feel uncomfortable. 

Money isn't something that grows on trees, with all respect to traditions and his kids' 100 days celebration. 

Archived