Burgers In Chiang Mai

chuchok

New Mike's Burgers going up near Anusan Market.

Also, a very prominent resteraunt owner - not Mike, a competitor - claims that burgers at In - an -Out Burger in Hang Dong are TWICE as good as Mike's Burgers are these days. :o

I had one at "in and out" the other day, i would have to say they are "as good' as Mikes.. A mate had a hot sub and said it was delish, looked good as well. It would be good if like in the States they had a drive through, hence the name..

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, a very prominent resteraunt owner - not Mike, a competitor - claims that burgers at In - an -Out Burger in Hang Dong are TWICE as good as Mike's Burgers are these days. :o

I had one at "in and out" the other day, i would have to say they are "as good' as Mikes.. A mate had a hot sub and said it was delish, looked good as well. It would be good if like in the States they had a drive through, hence the name..

Hang Dong??

Thats a long way to go from CM for a burger or even a philly cheese steak.

Is it worth the journey??

Hang Dong??

It's not all the way to Hang Dong - it's on the CM-Hang Dong Road. Not far out at all assuming you have a reason to head out that way.

CB

Hang Dong??

I pick them up on the way home from my Someong Loop morning run... :D

It sounds suspiciously like a story a restaurant owner would tell you about his place... :D

Had an In-N-Out run yesterday, got the "standard unit of measure" to compare with elsewhere, the classic Double Cheeseburger and ChocShake. Hard to say, but I'd say the burger was slightly better than what I'm used to at Mike's and the shake was for sure better. Neither was a quantum leap over, though. But worth a stop when I go out to Baan Tawai, once a week or so.

BTW, he didn't go half-way on the copyright, he even took the blazing arrow logo from the Cali. company!

After trying a few of the aforementioned I'll go out on a limb and say that a Mickey D's double cheeseburger meal, extra onions, extra mustard, no pickle, large fries and chocolate shake is the best burger experience to be had in CM.

I have no taste tho'.

That is why I was impressed.

A competitor told me that the burgers at In - an - Out Burger in Hang Dong are TWICE as good as Mike's Burgers. :o

They would have to be.mikes burgers are tasteless IMO.The following places have burgers that are three times as good IMO.. :D

Irish Pub

pirates cove

CMSaloon

Queen Vic

After trying a few of the aforementioned I'll go out on a limb and say that a Mickey D's double cheeseburger meal, extra onions, extra mustard, no pickle, large fries and chocolate shake is the best burger experience to be had in CM.

I have no taste tho'.

Diet coke with that sir :o

I have no taste tho'.

Where is Mickey D's??

I have no taste tho'.

Where is Mickey D's??

Under the sign of the magical golden arches!

I have no taste tho'.

Where is Mickey D's??

Except they don't have any shakes...

Has anyone mentioned Amazing Sandwich yet in this thread? I´m at the Phra Pokklao Rd branch right now (free Internet, on a Linux system), just finished one of their custommade burgers.

For 90 baht you get a nice chunk of beef (150g according to the order form) and your choice of 5 different kinds of cheeses, 6 kinds of vegetables and 6 dressings -- 3 of each (ie you can choose up to 3 items in any of these categories). I went simple and ordered a burger with cheddar and smoked mozzarella, along with lettuce, tomatoes and pickles, mayo and ketchup.

It was very good. The beef was decent quality, no filler or gristle, well-cooked. Bun was fresh, could've been toasted but that's not a deal-breaker.

I have no taste tho'.

Where is Mickey D's??

Except they don't have any shakes...

the first shake that i had my life was the mcd's shake. and it was wonderful. not sure if thailand mcd's carry milkshakes or not though.

but agreed. their double cheeseburger with fries and a large coke is an easy and nice dining experience.

Had a decent burger at the Wall last week, 85bt if I remember inc fries.

The new Dukes next to McDs on Changklan is very good, better texture than Mikes.

Home made fries superb. 150bt I think.

Dannys fish & chips was poor in our opinion. Fish was grey! Just seemed to be fast low quality produce.

Better fish & chips next to temple just off Loikroh. Can't think of the name now, only a very small place & fish & chips, mushy peas etc is all he does. The fella's from Blackpool Lancs, an old guy....name of the place is similar to Dannys...just a one word name.

Laughing Leprachaun also does very good fish & chips, free crusty bread too.

Want a good burger, a really good burger???? Then get off your arse and cook your own - there is nothing easier to cook..... AND you can get imaginative --- serve with buns - lots of fixings and let people 'build' their own..... think I'll go and put the BBQ on...

True. Use a receipe for Italian meat balls. Pretty much the same but with basil and oregano {chuck in some pre-roasted garlic too} and just make em into burgers instead. Serve with extra thick chips, a video of the 99 Champions League final and an icy cold Bavarian beer. Erdinger will do.

Can you get Erdinger in CNX?

It isn't actually a new Mike's. He has moved from the Peak to the Anusan Markets in the same section as O'Malley's. I saw it the other night and they were still doing the fit out. The Peak shop has closed and been cleared out.

CB

True. Use a receipe for Italian meat balls. Pretty much the same but with basil and oregano {chuck in some pre-roasted garlic too} and just make em into burgers instead. Serve with extra thick chips, a video of the 99 Champions League final and an icy cold Bavarian beer. Erdinger will do.

Erdinger is available in a couple of places in CNX - the restuarants in Loi Kroh just past the Night Bazaar have it. It is also available in a couple of bars around town.

CB

Erdinger is available in a couple of places in CNX - the restuarants in Loi Kroh just past the Night Bazaar have it. It is also available in a couple of bars around town.

CB

Mad Dogs has Erdinger.

Want a good burger, a really good burger???? Then get off your arse and cook your own - there is nothing easier to cook..... AND you can get imaginative --- serve with buns - lots of fixings and let people 'build' their own..... think I'll go and put the BBQ on...

Why don't you get of your arse and cook us all one.. :o

Why don't you get of your arse and cook us all one.. :D

With DownUnder closed their Aussiebuger with the lot will be another thing I shall miss. buggerit

:o

CB

With DownUnder closed their Aussiebuger with the lot will be another thing I shall miss. buggerit

CB

I'm sure you will still be able to get some sort of sandwich when the new owners take over. :D

CB

I'm sure you will still be able to get some sort of sandwich when the new owners take over. :D

Gus told me that the new owners will turn it into a "nice family style restaurant" so obviously I won't fit in :D

CB