Burgers In Chiang Mai

chuchok

I might have seen wrong, but it looked like a burger king sign on that road where the Mac shop is ... just off heay gaew... or it could be a knock off??

On a lot of roads up that end of town there are a lot of posters up for BK Night Bazaar. I would expect there to be a store up there on Niemenhymen and/or Huay Kao in the very near future. I think that BK are coming to open up a bunch of stores in an effort to close out MacD.

CB

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might have seen wrong, but it looked like a burger king sign on that road where the Mac shop is ... just off heay gaew... or it could be a knock off??

The signs are up everywhere. They are advertisements for the Night Bazzar Branch.

The signs are up everywhere. They are advertisements for the Night Bazzar Branch.

Went there today, with water in my mouth, but left with half full stomach, even though I bought a double bacon cheese burger meal, AND 30 bath super size on top.

They have "redesigned" the burgers. The good old BK taste is just not there, the size is same as McDonalds, and price is at least 30-40% more for the same size of meal.

A great disappointment. :o

Went there today, with water in my mouth, but left with half full stomach, even though I bought a double bacon cheese burger meal, AND 30 bath super size on top.

They have "redesigned" the burgers. The good old BK taste is just not there, the size is same as McDonalds, and price is at least 30-40% more for the same size of meal.

I don't know what you were expecting nor what you eat normally but I had the double chease bacon meal - regular 164B and it was more than enough. You sure you didn't get a double cheese junior burger by mistake? Mine was standard size and no way redesigned.

CB

I don't know what you were expecting nor what you eat normally but I had the double chease bacon meal - regular 164B and it was more than enough. You sure you didn't get a double cheese junior burger by mistake? Mine was standard size and no way redesigned.

CB

I bought the same meal, 164 b. and asked for a 30 b. super size. I am 100% sure, that these burgers neither taste nor are the same size as when BK was in Chiang Inn Plaza.

The French fries with the 30 b. upsize are same size as normal size of fries at Mc Donald's. Asking for a 20 b. upsize at McD you will get at least twice as many fries, as the 30 b. at BK.

Once again, I was very disappointed; I much prefer "real" BK then McD.

CB

I bought the same meal, 164 b. and asked for a 30 b. super size. I am 100% sure, that these burgers neither taste nor are the same size as when BK was in Chiang Inn Plaza.

The French fries with the 30 b. upsize are same size as normal size of fries at Mc Donald's. Asking for a 20 b. upsize at McD you will get at least twice as many fries, as the 30 b. at BK.

just when i got my mind set on getting a BK burger as soon as possible, something's pulling me back !!!. i have been a fan of bk burgers for a long time. especially their mushroom swiss burgers. missus thinks otherwise though. once in don muang, she bought a fish sandwich and it had a fish bone in it! :D for sure!

CB

just when i got my mind set on getting a BK burger as soon as possible, something's pulling me back !!!. i have been a fan of bk burgers for a long time. especially their mushroom swiss burgers. missus thinks otherwise though. once in don muang, she bought a fish sandwich and it had a fish bone in it! :D for sure!

Well I thought mine was Fine but but tonight I am having a real burger at CM Saloon where I can buy a beer with it instead of a fake pepsi

Enjoy

Got the double whopper set, even though I asked for sandwich only. Being cheap I was going to take it back home and drink real coke, properly chilled (what a hedonist I am!). Plenty big, but I wholly agree, not smoke (fake or not) taste, veggied out a bit, just not kosher BK. I will hit them again, just tell them to hold the rabbit food (or take it out myself), add extra cheese, and "sandwich only" no watered-down coke or sub-standard fries, please.

Rant over.

Edited by calibanjr.

Well I thought mine was Fine but but tonight I am having a real burger at CM Saloon where I can buy a beer with it instead of a fake pepsi

Enjoy

I went to the CM Saloon in Loi Kroh but didn't have a burger - I had the strip loin instead - more expensive for sure but much much better.

CB

Enjoy

I went to the CM Saloon in Loi Kroh but didn't have a burger - I had the strip loin instead - more expensive for sure but much much better.

CB

At the risk of incuring wrath from our dear friends the SuperMods, I cannot resist:

Are you sure it was not a Stripper Loin that you had, that you found so expensive, Loi KrowBoy? :o

McSpicy Boy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well the cats out of the bag now. Woody's Burgers have taken over as my burger of choice in Chiangmai. Just like i used to get back home (beetroot and all). Great fuel for a night on the town (or the hangover the next day). He just needs to open a branch in Nimmenhemin and i will be set..

The shop is located on Chaiyaphum Rd not far from the Chiangmoi Rd turnoff.

post-31110-1187541353_thumb.jpg

Edited by Austhaied

Well the cats out of the bag now. Woody's Burgers have taken over as my burger of choice in Chiangmai. Just like i used to get back home (beetroot and all). Great fuel for a night on the town (or the hangover the next day). He just needs to open a branch in Nimmenhemin and i will be set..

######, I missed out on the burgers on sat night, but from the posts on the comments thread on the TV party, they were a great hit. Look forward to a burger with beetroot in it.... a real downunder burger! A branch by the nightmarket would suit me as well, it would be better than the one next door to Dukes!

Has to be the best burger in Chiangmai!! All you need to do now Whimsy is to run a motor cycle home delivery service, I'm sure it would take off big time....

Has to be the best burger in Chiangmai!! All you need to do now Whimsy is to run a motor cycle home delivery service, I'm sure it would take off big time....

That's a great idea MJM. I'm sure Woody's will be bigger than *ikes in no time.. :o

Edited by Austhaied

Who has the best.I've tried Mikes Burgers on many occasians and find them quite good.I'm not fussed about the buns,but they are not too bad at all.

Chiang Mai Saloon burgers were great,but they were not the best the last time I was there.I will go back for a second try.

Pirates Cove has a great burger.buys the buns from Kassams and has a great big pattie..

Irish pub also have a good burger,although the last time I had one was over a year ago.

What makes a good burger?

To me it's a combination of everything.fresh salad,fresh bun,a decent piece of meet and not too 'wet'.I just hate it when you bite into them and the burger goes everywhere. :o

Maybe not a place you'd expect to have excellent burgers - Mong Pearl Cafe - Huay Kaew Road, nextto Lanna 3 Condo, not far up from Dunkin Donuts but on the right.

The double cheese bacon burger is perfect, everything perfect. Best burger in the world. Try it and tell me i'm wrong.

Maybe not a place you'd expect to have excellent burgers - Mong Pearl Cafe - Huay Kaew Road, nextto Lanna 3 Condo, not far up from Dunkin Donuts but on the right.

The double cheese bacon burger is perfect, everything perfect. Best burger in the world. Try it and tell me i'm wrong.

I don't even need to try it, to tell you that it isn't the "Best burger in the world". Beef in Thailand just isn't that good.

Might be good for here though! :o

Hey Woody "two burgers with the lot including beetroot to San Kamphaeng" I have a tin of pineapple slices here in case you haven't got of it in stock yet. Are you doing Oz style milkshakes and I don't mean those stupid hernia shakes they have at McDonalds etc?

Mmmmmmm Aussieburger with the lot. Big chunky chips and a double chocolate milkshake with malt.

Edited by Crow Boy

Are you doing Oz style milkshakes and I don't mean those stupid hernia shakes they have at McDonalds etc?

McDonalds in Thailand don't have shakes, but what are "hernia" shakes? Doesn't sound too good! :D

I never new that - shows how many times I eat at McDonalds. A hernia shake is an Australianism for a thick shake. The effort of sucking the shake through the straw will often result in doing an internal injury such as a hernia.

In Oz it is common to hear someone say "let's go to Macca's for a slack mac and a hernia shake" this loosely translates to "shall we go to McDonalds Restaurant for a hamburger (for the life of me I can't remember what the basic McDonald burger is called?) and a thick shake"

English the universal language that divides nations :o. Wouldn't it be easier if Americans simply invaded the rest of the world and imposed "AmeriEnglish" as a penalty? :D No more cricket or rugby just American Football and Rounders for grownups.

Ok that should be enough chumming of the water for the feeding frenzy to begin

CB

Wouldn't it be easier if Americans simply invaded the rest of the world and imposed "AmeriEnglish" as a penalty? :o No more cricket or rugby just American Football and Rounders for grownups.

Take it from me; we are seriously considering it! :D

I don't think we have sufficient oil supplies to make it worthwhile :D

CB

I am sorry to say but I tried woody's and Mike both . Not sorry about I tried them but sorry to say

that they were totally a waste of money . The woman at Woody even asked me how it was and that they were so delicious.

Asking that is asking for trouble I guess . If you americans say it is good , it seriously makes me wonder how a burger in The US must taste like :o . Maybe we Europeans should do the job .

I am sorry to say but I tried woody's and Mike both . Not sorry about I tried them but sorry to say

that they were totally a waste of money . The woman at Woody even asked me how it was and that they were so delicious.

Asking that is asking for trouble I guess . If you americans say it is good , it seriously makes me wonder how a burger in The US must taste like :o . Maybe we Europeans should do the job .

You may be right but I seriously doubt it - I guess you should stick to the Le Mac and mayonaise.

CB

Woody's burgers are more like Australian style than American. I think I'm as European as you tjinejbijn, and still thought they were great.

To be honest though, I feel Mike's has gone downhill lately, especially in terms of meat quality. That is where Woody's excelled, plus their veggies seemed fresher.

I was in Lugano once and given the hour, had to settle for McDonalds for a bite to eat. Believe me, the effete "McGruyere" I ate did not compare favorably, in any respect, to a good old American burger.