Burgers In Chiang Mai

chuchok

Reminds me of 'American Fried Rice' I see on many menus and involves using a large amount of Ketchup and a fried egg on the rice. I have never seen it in America, only foreign menus... :D

This is just crap dressed up for Americans - really not in USA what a surprise :o

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ordered one from Woody's with the works through proxy. Bad idea. She didnt think I'd like the beet root as I am not an Aussie. :o

Ah well, better luck next time.

you're not aussie? ######. what u doing on chiang mai forum? :D

Just ordered one from Woody's with the works through proxy. Bad idea. She didnt think I'd like the beet root as I am not an Aussie. :o

I only know 4 Aussies on the Chiangmai forum. I am sure we're not that much of an influence. We are vocal though i must admit. Nothing duct tape can't fix.

One and the same really..

post-31110-1188243285_thumb.jpg

post-31110-1188243320_thumb.jpg

post-31110-1188243379_thumb.jpg

Edited by Austhaied

I only know 4 Aussies on the Chiangmai forum. I am sure we're not that much of an influence. We are vocal though i must admit. Nothing duct tape can't fix.

One and the same really..

the whole of CM must be out then. :D:D

Pineapple in a burger is a hideous aberration that I suspect may have been introduced by Americans during the R&R days. I mean they'd be incapable of eating anything without something sweet in it would they. :D

Naw, truth is a lot of us Yanks DESPISE sweet cr_p. As Austhaied knows, I like salty/spicy/savory. Pineapple on pizza- no farking way.

On a burger it is ABSOLUTE HERESY. Time for the burning stake.....

post-23786-1188406352_thumb.jpg

My inside info on this trend is that Crow Boy, in addition to starting the violent water games during Songkran years ago, had a tinny of leftover military ration of pineapple....and as a joke, asked for it on a burger here in CM, circa 1979. Lo and behold, pineapple on burgers worldwide. Crow Boy, International Trendsetter....and he is from.....drum roll.......

post-23786-1188406838.jpg

:o

As one traverses the length and breadth of America, one will find, mountains, praries, forests, oceans and rivers, but not a single burger witha ######ing pineapple slice on it. It's prohibitedin the constitution I believe.

post-25601-1188450898_thumb.jpg

Edited by lannarebirth

The other night at Salsa Kitchen, a guy on a CBR who's not as old as I am, was saying how his musical tastes were broad enough to like almost everything. I'm no conno-sewer of fine food. For me, the burgers at Mike's (any of the locations, even the dreaded Night Bazaar bizarre location) are just fine. Stopped at the #2 shop on Neiman's hymen last night and had the usual #3 combo, even went up to size yai this time. Fine burger, crisp bacon, juicy enough, no pineapple, no beetroot, no chili peppers, no oregano, no garlic, no cummin or coriander, just American style boogers. I mean, burgers.

Maybe not a place you'd expect to have excellent burgers - Mong Pearl Cafe - Huay Kaew Road, nextto Lanna 3 Condo, not far up from Dunkin Donuts but on the right.

The double cheese bacon burger is perfect, everything perfect. Best burger in the world. Try it and tell me i'm wrong.

Too right it isn't. What's your motivation for posting this? They do unspectacular fodder, you'll find burgers like those in every backpacker cafe between here and Surat Thani - and they'll most likely be cheaper.

Try it and tell me i'm wrong.

You're wrong.

Maybe not a place you'd expect to have excellent burgers - Mong Pearl Cafe - Huay Kaew Road, nextto Lanna 3 Condo, not far up from Dunkin Donuts but on the right.

The double cheese bacon burger is perfect, everything perfect. Best burger in the world. Try it and tell me i'm wrong.

Too right it isn't. What's your motivation for posting this? They do unspectacular fodder, you'll find burgers like those in every backpacker cafe between here and Surat Thani - and they'll most likely be cheaper.

Try it and tell me i'm wrong.

You're wrong.

Your right, he's wrong and the burgers there are aweful. I bought one there a while back, took two bites and tossed it. The meat tasted rancid and the cheese like melted plastic cheddar. I am not a great fan of Mike's burgers but I scooted around to the one on Nimmenhoonanhyemnenededananena and bought a basic Mike's cheese burger. Much better choice and got the taste of the Mong Pearl's aberation out of my mouth.

CB

Your right, he's wrong and the burgers there are aweful. I bought one there a while back, took two bites and tossed it. The meat tasted rancid and the cheese like melted plastic cheddar. I am not a great fan of Mike's burgers but I scooted around to the one on Nimmenhoonanhyemnenededananena and bought a basic Mike's cheese burger. Much better choice and got the taste of the Mong Pearl's aberation out of my mouth.

I was the same. It's not often that a meal is so earth-shatteringly disappointing that I immediately have to get on the bike and speed over to another joint so I might get the experience out of my mind. This was one. It wasn't just in my head - I had this overpowering mouth-wateringly uncontrollable urge to get a burger which was only a minor background panging when I walked into Mong Pearl!

Dyinganimal has obviously got other things on the agenda at Mong Pearl but he's messing around the rest of us with nefarious talk of great burgers!

I'm not much of a burger fan as I've never really cared much to finish up like most Americans.

However, as I was strolling through Anusarn I noted Mikes Burgers have a place there too. As I've tried Mc D, AW, BK, Wendy, Harvey et al, I thought I'd give Mike's a go - after all so many people on these blogs seem to rave about them.....poor souls

Last night there were 4 staff behind the counter. I waited for my order 15 minutes and was beginning to wonder if the 'two hours and it's free' was really a joke?

I must say that the cheesburger set (when it arrived) was a great dissapointment.

First the round 'thing' covered in some greasy concoction nearly made my gall bladder erupt.

The burger itself was really no great shakes, but the redeeming feature of Mikes is that I could drown the taste with French mustard.

However, there's nothing to put on the fries, which in some part resembled real chips.

I think a little vinegar might be nice even if it does offend Americans or even some mayonaisse - any kind except Thai 'best foods'!

I was fairly hungry, so in a sense it satisfied my needs but I certainly wouldn't bother eating there again, especially if I were in a hurry!

I'm quite happy to add yet another burger place to my list of places not to eat.

For what it's worth, I popped into Woody's after the TV party and I must say I've been very impressed. Tasty burgers and lovely chips and so much more value for money than the likes of BK or McD's. Also, if you eat in the shop you have the added luxury of real malt vinegar on your chips. Lampthethe or whatever the correct spelling is for delicious in CM.

On a side note, I had a chicken and cheese kebab there last night and I nearly had my own "Woody". Keep up the good work Woody and Mrs. Woody!

For what it's worth, I popped into Woody's after the TV party and I must say I've been very impressed. Tasty burgers and lovely chips and so much more value for money than the likes of BK or McD's. Also, if you eat in the shop you have the added luxury of real malt vinegar on your chips. Lampthethe or whatever the correct spelling is for delicious in CM.

On a side note, I had a chicken and cheese kebab there last night and I nearly had my own "Woody". Keep up the good work Woody and Mrs. Woody!

Do the three ladies that work there always yell, yes yell, HELLO to farangs that walk buy or did I just catch them on a lucky evening? Perhaps it was because I was the only customer and they thought I needed company.

Do the three ladies that work there always yell, yes yell, HELLO to farangs that walk buy or did I just catch them on a lucky evening? Perhaps it was because I was the only customer and they thought I needed company.

Never had that happen to me at Woody's I just walk in and then they say hello at normal volume. Are you sure you aren't confusing it with a local landmark slightly up the street where they always call out to the "hamsum mans"?

CB

Never had that happen to me at Woody's I just walk in and then they say hello at normal volume. Are you sure you aren't confusing it with a local landmark slightly up the street where they always call out to the "hamsum mans"?

CB

That is what I thought too.

My shape is perfect for attracting the sweet young damsels who work at Mike's Original Burgers! :o

CB

It was Woody's, I know Mikes and was sober. The hello they gave me was normal, the yelling was at people walking by.

I finally made it over to Burger King because the Mike's Burgers in the night bazaar closed. For the price of the bacon cheeseburger set at Mike's, I got a double bacon cheeseburger (in other words, an extra patty). The bacon was terrible, not half as crisp as you get at Mike's without asking. But it tasted as if the sauce was BBQ sauce, and well worth the money. Lots of seating upstairs, too.

Shall try Woody's next time.

The bacon was terrible, not half as crisp as you get at Mike's without asking.

Shall try Woody's next time.

Hi PB. Sounds like the crispness of the bacon is important to you. If you give our place a try (Woody's) please do tell the girls you want your bacon 'crispy' (they should understand that) and they will do their best to oblige. That is not the normal way we do bacon there. Normally we cook it less than that, just to the transparent stage, which is the usual Australian and English way.

Oh, and if you want BBQ sauce, give the HP sauce that we have there a try. Kind of like American barbecue sauce but a stronger and less sweet flavour. Perhaps a mix of the Heinz ketchup and HP sauce would approximate the BBQ sauce. :o

Edited by whimsy

Oh, and if you want BBQ sauce, give the HP sauce that we have there a try. Kind of like American barbecue sauce but a stronger and less sweet flavour. Perhaps a mix of the Heinz ketchup and HP sauce would approximate the BBQ sauce. :o

We 'Mericans like A1 Sauce a lot. I think that it is very simular to HP Sauce, but we don't use it as often as the Brits and Aussies.

In Australia we refer to tomato sauce (ketsup) as gravy :D

CB

So that was where all those evil looking red stains on your T shirt came from :D I gave you the benefit of the doubt, and passed them off as lipstick, an error of judgement. :o

No the only visible lipstick I get is on my shirt collar :D

CB