Attendance requirements for students

Can anyone tell me definitively the legal attendance requirements for Grade 12 (Matthayom 6) students?

I am specifically interested in whether or not, according to the law, Grade 12 students are required to attend school until the end of the second term at fee paying schools in Thailand.

Thank you for replies and if you are able to quote the law, even better.

• 1 month later...

80%...in theory. But like anything in this country their rules / laws are flexible. M6 are supposed to attend until the end of the year, but only their first 5 terms will count towards entrance (That is, until the end of semester 1, M6). Many students get accepted into university as early as October, so they don't care much about their second-semester grades. It's only those students who do not get accepted early - their semester 2 grades may then get considered by universities. I think this is why attendance can be low for m6 in semester 2 (in school that don't bother to enforce attendance rules, that is). I would need to check again with the new m6 students, now that university entrance exams are much later than before.  

... at some university in the south, they go through the show of making teacher take the 80% attendance and low and behold if they should fall below... a "committee meets to decide to do nothing.."  However, one interesting note at someplace, they place weight on the midterm grade report... if the kool-aid lover is below 50%... they are encouraged to drop...the course.

However until that time you still must put up with the latecomers... even after the chat, hey, Leroy and princess, do come to the class of time.. 30 minutes to 45 does not make it...  Or you are not permitted to study today in this class until your can  make your koolaid on time before class starts.

Don't mind so much the students that struggle in late, keep quiet and are behaving, but when Little HIGH Somchai comes waltzing in creating a disturbance,  then this gets quite old...and Little Somchai is asked to leave...

'

On 3/19/2018 at 1:17 PM, DavisH said:

80%...in theory. But like anything in this country their rules / laws are flexible. M6 are supposed to attend until the end of the year, but only their first 5 terms will count towards entrance (That is, until the end of semester 1, M6). Many students get accepted into university as early as October, so they don't care much about their second-semester grades. It's only those students who do not get accepted early - their semester 2 grades may then get considered by universities. I think this is why attendance can be low for m6 in semester 2 (in school that don't bother to enforce attendance rules, that is). I would need to check again with the new m6 students, now that university entrance exams are much later than before.  

This system has changed now. Most M6 students now need to finish term 2 before they can be assured of a place at University. The creme de la creme can be given a place using the university "quota" system.

Archived