Mac Air battery replacement - Lazada

tropo

Has anyone had any experience buying a replacement battery for a MacBook Air on Lazada? The cheapest is 2290 baht including tools, up to 2800 baht? That's for a Mid-2011, 13' model. Of course, they list them as "original" with a 1-year warranty, but are they?

As there are literally Thousands of vendors on lazada, with ZERO information available who they actually are, this is difficult to judge. Don't forget, lazada is only a sales platform that offers vendors a way to sell their goods.

The only safe way in my opinion is to only buy items "sold and fulfilled by lazada", which is only a tiny percentage of what is being sold there.

If in Bangkok - there are reputable physical shops that can be trusted

I enquired about the cost of replacing a battery at a new iCare shop in Central Festival Mall in Pattaya. 6900 baht!!!! 

So that's 3 times what I can get an "original" battery for on Lazada. They are even cheaper on AliExpress, with many options.

11 minutes ago, taninthai said:

I haven’t bought one from Lazada but did by one from eBay ,they are all copies mainly ,You don’t get no where near the 9 to 10 hours use that you would from an original battery and they also seem to cause some issues with the touchpad.

Thanks! I'm not sure if it's worth forking out 6900 baht for a new battery on a Laptop that's pushing 7 years. Apple may stop supporting it soon. My iPad Mini, bought in January 2013, had already become officially obsolete by 2016.

I wouldn't mind a shorter battery life as I don't travel much with it, but touchpad issues would be a concern. Did you install it yourself?

29 minutes ago, tropo said:

Thanks! I'm not sure if it's worth forking out 6900 baht for a new battery on a Laptop that's pushing 7 years. Apple may stop supporting it soon. My iPad Mini, bought in January 2013, had already become officially obsolete by 2016.

I wouldn't mind a shorter battery life as I don't travel much with it, but touchpad issues would be a concern. Did you install it yourself?

Yep installed it myself MacBook Air 2012 model,I did this in the U.K. about 8 months ago ,Apple will not sell you batteries to install yourself,I was gonna check out istudio over here see if they would sell a battery to install yourself.

2 hours ago, taninthai said:

Yep installed it myself MacBook Air 2012 model,I did this in the U.K. about 8 months ago ,Apple will not sell you batteries to install yourself,I was gonna check out istudio over here see if they would sell a battery to install yourself.

I'll check it out myself - see if they will sell me a battery.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, dreytom said:

Remember that buying a replacement battery online is a miss or hit.

I can't remember something I've never tried. I'd need to hear more reports in order to formulate an opinion on this. I can get 2 online for one at the iCare center.

What I do remember is how quickly some Apple products became unsupported and my MacAir is already 6 1/2 years old.

Archived