Touristvisa + Extention By Immigration Or Visarun

@ all,

right now I have a serious problem. Since several weeks I am divorced from my Thaiwife and I only can stay in Thailand using a touristvisa. I have some needful questions.

• How to extend a tourist visa by Immigration or visarun (Fees are quite the same)?
  • I heard there only is a possibility of 2 touristvisas per year. How it is possible to stay for 1 year?

If there are any suggestions of your side I would be glad to get to know them.

thanks for your help in advance

It might help to know what passport you are using and why you would want to stay here/age.

A 30 day extension of a 60 day tourist visa stay costs 1,900 baht from immigration.

A new tourist visa would have to be obtained by travel to a foreign country and application at a Consulate there/overnight stay/return. The Thai visa would be about 1,000 baht (I believe - not current on visa price) plus whatever the other country visa might cost you.

We have not seen any rule that you can only obtain two tourist visas per year. The only new rule has been the entry without visa being limited to 90 days per six month period.

Thanks lopburi3,

I think it's quite the same if I extend my visa directly for 1.900 bht at the immigration office , or using a visarun agency for 2.000 bht and spend 1 day i.e. in Cambodia. I only want get to know if there are any experiences or problems.

Unfortunately I heard (by a travel agency) about the new rule and only 2 touristvisas/ year. It would be gigantic if it's wrong.

Edited by justarrived

There is one very big difference. If you extend a tourist visa 30 days it does not count against the 90 day limit for visa free entry. If you cross a border your tourist visa is history and what you receive on return is a 30 day visa free entry (which is limited to 90 days per six month period).

There is one very big difference. If you extend a tourist visa 30 days it does not count against the 90 day limit for visa free entry. If you cross a border your tourist visa is history and what you receive on return is a 30 day visa free entry (which is limited to 90 days per six month period).

i've actually heard of someone having their 30 day extension of a tourist visa counted as a 30 day towards the 90 days visa free entry. maybe the officer read the stamp wrong..

Well my big problem is after divorce I used to stay by non immigration B as I have taught as a teacher. According the new rules it was impossible to teach therefore I applied touristvisa. As I have learned there is no limit/year for the touristvisa. The easiest way is to apply a TV and extend it at the immigration office.

Many thanks