Import Foreign Currency

onzestan

Import of foreign currency is now unlimited. However if later I want to export this (or part of it) I need proof that the money comes from abroad.

If I bring in cash how do I proceed at the airport to get a document that proves I brought the money with me. ???

Thanks for prompt reply

Onzestan

If I bring in cash how do I proceed at the airport to get a document that proves I brought the money with me. ???

Declare it to customs and get their report.

How much money are you talking about? Why do you not want to make a bank transfer? Is it dirty money?

--

Maestro

Declare it to customs and get their report.

How much money are you talking about? Why do you not want to make a bank transfer? Is it dirty money?

--

Maestro

Thanks Maestro, f.y.g. money is always dirty !! One has to be in country with foreign currency to open a foreign currency account. I don't have this account yet, so if I transfer to my normal bankaccount it will be changed to Baht whioch is exactly what I do not want

Best regards

Onzestan

One has to be in country with foreign currency to open a foreign currency account. I don't have this account yet, so if I transfer to my normal bankaccount it will be changed to Baht whioch is exactly what I do not want

Let’s hear it then form those who opened a foreign currency account in Thailand.

It seems a little strange that a bank would want documentary proof of the foreign origin of the foreign currency even for a small initial deposit for the purpose of opening the account. One possibility might be a traveller cheque. When you buy it from your UK bank, you get a receipt listing the cheque number.

--

Maestro

When I decided to buy a condo in BKK and I had to bring a large amount of money into the country for my Savings Acc. in TB in the Bangkok Bank, I was advised to do the transfer through the HKS Bank and to get the #4 form from them, thus you can take out of Thailand at least the same amount of foreing currency you brought in before.

It is a custom accepted in most countries that you can take out the same amount of foreing currency you have declared when arriving.