Mitas e10 Enduro Tires

BBJ

I know there probably aren't adventure riders here, but for those that do, I thoroughly recommend the Mitas e10.

I've gone through a few sets from Heidenau, Pirelli VeeRubber and more, but these are much better in my opinion.  I was previously running the Mitas eo7 which were great, but these are in another league off road.  While a 60/40 or 70/30 tire biased toward off road, they are decent on, when common sense is applied.  They felt very similar to my e07 on the straights, with a slight rumble when the bike is leaning over.

1.jpg

3.jpg

Drifting and power sliding around corners is done so with ease.   Just a blip of the throttle and you're back in line.

2.jpg

The front has excellent tracking through dried dirt, soft or hard.

Great thread, BBJ! Thanks for the pictures. I took part in the X-Venture event of Bigwing Hua Hin and AP Honda with my Africa Twin end of last year where you go quite a bit of offroad. Prior to that I wanted to change my tires because I wasn't all too happy with the stock Dunlops. Even on the street they didn't inspire super confidence. Unfortunately no shop could get me some good offroad tires (wanted some Pirelli Rally STR) in time and I had to settle for Metzeler Tourance Next. They are very good on asphalt, quite happy with them. But offroad it was a massacre. Especially in sand or wet, soft mud. I completely lost all confidence in those sections. Not so much fun. Also I had fully loaded top box, side panniers and a pillion. Total weight probably around 430kg :/

I am not sure what tires to get next. Around Phuket, I definitely am very road focused. 99.9% asphalt. But when I go on longer trips like right now, proper offroad tires would be a lot more fun. Ideally I would have two sets of tires. One for on-road and oneproper offroad tire like the Mitas E-10 that you mentioned. I can't carry a second set of tires with me though. The Pirelli Rally STR seemed like a workable compromise (60/40 on/off?). Will see.

2 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Great thread, BBJ! Thanks for the pictures. I took part in the X-Venture event of Bigwing Hua Hin and AP Honda with my Africa Twin end of last year where you go quite a bit of offroad. Prior to that I wanted to change my tires because I wasn't all too happy with the stock Dunlops. Even on the street they didn't inspire super confidence. Unfortunately no shop could get me some good offroad tires (wanted some Pirelli Rally STR) in time and I had to settle for Metzeler Tourance Next. They are very good on asphalt, quite happy with them. But offroad it was a massacre. Especially in sand or wet, soft mud. I completely lost all confidence in those sections. Not so much fun. Also I had fully loaded top box, side panniers and a pillion. Total weight probably around 430kg :/

I am not sure what tires to get next. Around Phuket, I definitely am very road focused. 99.9% asphalt. But when I go on longer trips like right now, proper offroad tires would be a lot more fun. Ideally I would have two sets of tires. One for on-road and oneproper offroad tire like the Mitas E-10 that you mentioned. I can't carry a second set of tires with me though. The Pirelli Rally STR seemed like a workable compromise (60/40 on/off?). Will see.

Pirellis are not bad but last as long as a chocolate fireguard, same with the TCK80s.   I think the e07 is a great tire too, for 50/50 use and I've taken the bike on some pretty tricky climbs like Khao Krajom and more using them.  I changed them after 6K simply because I wanted to but would have got another 3-5k on the rear alone.  I am not keen on the Metzeler either.  I found in straight lines on dirt they were fine, but cornering didn't leave me feeling like I could push the bike more.  Golden Tyre GT723 is up next.  Rally Raid tire but ok on road too.

Is this a mitas advert? I kid i kid, ive been running an mitas "adventure type" on the rear of my dirtbike..very good on wet mossy rocks and roots, average else where, but terrible in sand or deep mud (obviously). But got sick of watching dollars burn doing road sections on knobbies..thing is, imo, tyres are pretty subjective, due to the huge variables from one person to another.

11 hours ago, kaorop said:

Is this a mitas advert? I kid i kid, ive been running an mitas "adventure type" on the rear of my dirtbike..very good on wet mossy rocks and roots, average else where, but terrible in sand or deep mud (obviously). But got sick of watching dollars burn doing road sections on knobbies..thing is, imo, tyres are pretty subjective, due to the huge variables from one person to another.

True, but money best spent where your enjoyment levels are.  If I have to ride 2 hours on tarmac to get to some dirt, that's fine by me.  As for them wearing, I suppose it depends on how hard you push it.  After 3 hours on the dirt with plenty of stops (camera setup etc) the edges of the nubs are cutting back.  I recon if I rode like this often they wouldn't last long.  A friend has them on his KTM 1290 Adv.  He's on 10,000KM and there's still plenty of tread on them.  90% road use.

e10s about 8k baht.  Good life

Pirelli last as long as a chocolate fire guard and others like them.  If you're going to go mad on tarmac, then it's the wrong tire.

No, it's not an advert.  If it was I'd give you the full write-up as these tires were given to me for testing.  As were the others.

Might have found a source in Thailand for MotoZ tyres...friend of mine sent me a couple of pic's last night...if they have the rear Tractionator to match the stack of fronts on the left then it will be cheap option for you. I'm told he got a set for 2,800 for his CRF...waiting on more info at the moment. A lot of peeps rate the Tractionator highly

http://motoz.com.au/product/tractionator-adventure/

IMG-20180202-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20180202-WA0005.jpg

2 hours ago, Neilly said:

Might have found a source in Thailand for MotoZ tyres...friend of mine sent me a couple of pic's last night...if they have the rear Tractionator to match the stack of fronts on the left then it will be cheap option for you. I'm told he got a set for 2,800 for his CRF...waiting on more info at the moment. A lot of peeps rate the Tractionator highly

http://motoz.com.au/product/tractionator-adventure/

IMG-20180202-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20180202-WA0005.jpg

I think motoz are made in thailand..ive had both good and bad results with them, but seconds are sold off cheaply and i may have gotten one of those, usually seconds have the brand name ground off..but who knows for sure when you are buying stuff here....

4 hours ago, kaorop said:

I think motoz are made in thailand..ive had both good and bad results with them, but seconds are sold off cheaply and i may have gotten one of those, usually seconds have the brand name ground off..but who knows for sure when you are buying stuff here....

Good call...just looked them up

MOTOZ tyres are made in Thailand in a privately owned factory that has been making motorcycle tyres for over 40 years. MOTOZ are the only off road tyres made by the factory.

Would certainly explain how he got a set of TRACTIONATOR ENDURO I/T for 2,800 instead of 6,900. But that said I'd use seconds at that price difference...I go thru a back tyre normally every three to four rides

On 2/2/2018 at 8:17 PM, kaorop said:

Is this a mitas advert? I kid i kid, ive been running an mitas "adventure type" on the rear of my dirtbike..very good on wet mossy rocks and roots, average else where, but terrible in sand or deep mud (obviously). But got sick of watching dollars burn doing road sections on knobbies..thing is, imo, tyres are pretty subjective, due to the huge variables from one person to another./

Forgot to ask.  Were you running the Dakar version?

The Dakar allow you to run a very low PSI to protect from pinching.  In mud, I found them well above average.  While not the best in mud, they are a great all-rounder for the price.

Just waiting for my GTs.

Archived