2001 Big-m Frontier

Rdrokit

I would like some input on the reliability and quality of a truck I am thinking of buying. If anyone out there owned, owns or know somone who ownes one please let me know.

It is a Nissian B-M Frontier, 4 door, 2.5Di, manual trans, 4 wheel drive truck with only 70,000km. It has leather interior and they are asking 335,000 baht. What do you think.

Thanks,

Rdrokit

I would like some input on the reliability and quality of a truck I am thinking of buying. If anyone out there owned, owns or know somone who ownes one please let me know.

It is a Nissian B-M Frontier, 4 door, 2.5Di, manual trans, 4 wheel drive truck with only 70,000km. It has leather interior and they are asking 335,000 baht. What do you think.

Thanks,

Rdrokit

That's VERY low mileage. Don't believe it unless they have service records from a Nissan dealer. Take a look at all four corners of the frame to see if it has been hit hard. If the mileage checks out and if it has had no accidents it isn't that bad of a price. I have a 2004 Frontier that has been absolutely perfect. It drives well and gets great fuel economy.

Yes the Nissan Frontier, I personaly have always felt they are a pickup that goes un noticed, I don't know why the Thais don't like them ? most Thais I have spoken to just smile and say Nissan, don't know what they mean by that as they never go any further and any further questioning just gets the smile ? but sitting in one a few months ago in a showroom I was quietly impressed with the quality of the interia, as you say those leather seats are great,

As for advice sorry I have none only do what was surgested, the price sounds ok (for Thailand) I have owned a Nissan LD 2.0 Turbo Diesel in the past and the engine was brilliant, good luck !

Edited by pop3

I live in Loei province and when the locals buy a truck they have two questions, "How much can I haul and how far can I go on a liter of fuel". There are two main brands sold here, Isuzu and Nissan. Toyotas are NOT considered to be a serious work truck. The bottom line is that Nissans are the most underrated truck in Thailand and Toyotas are the most overrated.

Just a little short story about a second hand Toyota. I found a Toyota Tiger in Pattaya that I liked VERY well. It had like 65,000 kilometers on it and should have still been under warranty. I noticed some cracks in the drivers side front seat cover and more wear on the pedals than should have been. I had previously looked at a similar Toyota that had 150,000 kilometers on it and the driver's side seat and pedals were fine. When I asked about the seat the salesman told me that the farang who had owned the truck was very fat. I then asked about the warranty and I was told "HAVE". I then asked to see the service records from the dealer who sold it new. I was told the farang lost the book and they didn't have it. Yeah, RIGHT! That dealer got taken off my list. I went from there back to the Nissan dealer and bought the new one I had been dealing on before. That was in November of 2004.

I noticed some cracks in the drivers side front seat cover and more wear on the pedals than should have been.

Sounds just like the one I looked at ? wassent a brownish grey one was it ? also the motor sounded like a bag of nails, some blokes going to have a nice buy with that one !