Nongprue health workers brush up on stomach flu

Rimmer

Nongprue health workers brush up on stomach flu

image.png

PATTAYA:--Nongprue public health workers were taught about transmission and symptoms of stomach flu so they could keep the sub-district’s elderly population healthier.

Mayor Mai Chaiyanit opened the Jan. 22 meeting focused on rotavirus, the contagious bug that can cause gastroenteritis, or inflammation of the stomach and intestines. Symptoms include severe diarrhea, vomiting, fever, abdominal pain and dehydration.

Young children and senior citizens are most prone to the stomach flu.

Public health workers were told to advise seniors to carefully handle food and avoid any water or food that had been contaminated, as there is no cure for the virus.

Staffers also were told to encourage seniors to enroll in a new elderly education course, this one focused on social media use. For more information on the class, call 038-933-110.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-02-04

On 4-2-2018 at 3:58 PM, Rimmer said:

avoid any water or food that had been contaminated

This causes food poisoning.

The stomach flu is not caused by Chefs without a Michelin Star cooking / preparing food without washing their hands after a toilet visit. This called food poisoning.

What I noticed already is that most of the Thai wash their hands before peeing so their little weenies won't get dirty and leaving the area without washing their hands after the job was done.

Edited by PAIBKK

I was in Patts a few weeks back and after about 10 days I was shittin like a cannon for 5 days. Got that bad I went to the hospital and the Doc told me I had rotavirus then gave me a heap of anti crap meds. After 7 days, no change so I rang my Doc back in Perth, told him my only symptom was severe diarrhea, nothing else. He said there was no way I had rotavirus and to get off the piss for a few days. 2 days later, back to normal and back on the piss. This supposed rotavirus outbreak is a cop out. 6 people front with diarrhea and before you know it they have jumped on the bandwagon and 100 people have it.