Robert Doyle quits as Lord Mayor of Melbourne amid sexual harassment allegations

webfact

Robert Doyle quits as Lord Mayor of Melbourne amid sexual harassment allegations

Lord Mayor of Melbourne Robert Doyle has resigned seven weeks after allegations of sexual harassment were made against him.

Two fellow councillors made the accusations late last year and a draft copy of a report into the claims of indecent assault, misconduct and sexual harassment, which was conducted by Ian Freckelton QC, was presented to Mr Doyle last week.

Mr Doyle has vigorously denied the allegations. In a statement, his lawyer, Nick Ruskin, said Mr Doyle felt he has been denied the principles of fair justice during the City of Melbourne investigation.

Full story: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-04/robert-doyle-quits-as-lord-mayor-of-melbourne/9394978

-- ABC NEWS 2018-02-05

This is getting very scary, I am so very happy that I have retired and am living in Thailand where they have yet to hear of political correctness.

I look back on running a very successful business in Australia where personal contact with the client was of the utmost importance,and yes, with some of the female clients the standard greeting was a hug or a peck on the cheek.

It seems that if I was still doing this today I would most certainly be in big trouble, most certainly not from the person being hugged but from an observer from the easily offended brigade. My Daughters tell me that luckily I can only be classed as a Dinosaur, much better than most of the labels being thrown around today. The Mayor seems to have been pronounced guilty,no defence allowed, no fair hearing, just media judgement, poor fellow.

So he gave in, quite rightly, when his health was threatened by the stress. Not worth dying for.

I've been severely stressed over less, so I can understand why he went. I even retired early because of female bullying at work.

Big question now is if investigation continues. If they just quietly abandon it, natural justice will have been lost.

I think men with female bosses need to cover their butts at all costs, because it's becoming such an easy way to get rid of men that they don't like. Record everything, and report any transgression by them to HR.