Bogus supporters trouble pro-Prawit campaign

webfact

Bogus supporters trouble pro-Prawit campaign

By The Nation

e8730457ae0526322d7a8cf95efcacee.jpeg

A new campaign has been started on the Change.org website in support of the embattled Deputy Premier and Defence Minister Prawit Wongsuwan, calling for him to stay in office amid the scandal connected to his possession of luxury wristwatches.

However, some social media users have complained that their names had been put forward as supporters of the campaign without their consent.

A woman named Sarinee Achavanuntakul said in a Facebook message that her email address had been used without her knowledge to support the campaign. She added that she had later withdrawn her name as a supporter.

As of 1pm on Monday, the campaign was supported by at least 366 people. An observer who asked to remain anonymous said the original number of supporters had been more than 10,000 but many were found to be spam addresses so the number had been revised downwards.

The sponsor of the campaign, which is titled “Supporting General Prawit to remain in office for national security and the live broadcast of the 2018 World Cup”, was not known on Monday. The connection between Prawit and the World Cup was not immediately clear, while the campaign’s page on Change.org said it had been initiated by 250 people three days ago.

Prawit has been hit by a scandal in which he claims that more than 20 luxury watches he has worn over the recent years all belonged to a deceased wealthy friend.

In a separate Change.org campaign initiated by children-rights activist Ticha Na Nakorn, more than 61,000 people have called on Prawit to resign based on comments that he made last month that he would step down if “people do not want him”.

Other surveys have found that most respondents wanted Prawit to step down.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30337999

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-05

Only in Thailand! After we hear that thousands of soldiers were made to participate in polling to skew the numbers in his favour, we now find what appears to be yet another cheat to try to improve his seriously tarnished image. Pretty much anywhere else in the world, the scandal would have forced him to resign. Clearly pride, honour, sense of shame and honesty are not important to members of this illegitimate Government, whose time is definitely running out.

29 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Only in Thailand! After we hear that thousands of soldiers were made to participate in polling to skew the numbers in his favour, we now find what appears to be yet another cheat to try to improve his seriously tarnished image. Pretty much anywhere else in the world, the scandal would have forced him to resign. Clearly pride, honour, sense of shame and honesty are not important to members of this illegitimate Government, whose time is definitely running out.

While I despise this military government in... please forgive the pun... general and Prawit in particular, I nevertheless feel that I must add that among our so-called "echelons of society" the traits you mentioned are missing largely throughout the bench - and not only among the military. There had always been scandal after scandal after scandal even when civilian governments were in power, and regardless of political affiliation. 

54 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

While I despise this military government in... please forgive the pun... general and Prawit in particular, I nevertheless feel that I must add that among our so-called "echelons of society" the traits you mentioned are missing largely throughout the bench - and not only among the military. There had always been scandal after scandal after scandal even when civilian governments were in power, and regardless of political affiliation. 

Not sure how to take your comment MW, yes there have been scandals and yes there will be more in the future, but today we protest and condemn today's scandal. As no doubt we will in the future.

Most Prawit supporters identified as bogus

By THE NATION

ac5cd51d7b5b1999dd5cfcc7b46da053.jpeg

File photo : Prawit

CHANGE.ORG CONFIRMS COORDINATED HACKING AS MINISTRY INSISTS DEPUTY PM HAS ‘STRONG WILL’

AN ATTEMPT to save defiant Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan has burned out after an online campaign was caught fabricating supporters calling on him to stay in office despite the scandal over his extravagant watches and demands that he step down.

The Change.org campaign website yesterday rushed to delete spam addresses from the petition supporting Prawit as many signatories complained that their names had been used without their consent. 

Independent scholar Sarinee Achavanuntakul said in a Facebook post that her email address had been used without her knowledge to support the campaign. She added that she had later withdrawn her name as a supporter.

Freelancer Watthana Bombers Rujirojsakul said on Facebook that he had also received a surprise email response from the website, which said he had signed in support of Prawit, although he had not. 

A user identified as “Invisible Hands” launched the campaign on the Change.org website asking people to sign in support of Prawit, who is also defence minister, for the sake of security and the World Cup 2018.

Prawit, as the new president of the Olympic Committee of Thailand, is planning to pool funds from the private sector and the Sports Authority of Thailand to buy the 2018 World Cup broadcast rights so that all matches can be broadcast live on free TV.

After the spam addresses were removed, the number of Prawit supporters was reduced from more than 25,000 on Sunday to only 200, and it stood at 400 as of press time yesterday. The campaign’s page on Change.org said it had been initiated on Sunday by 250 people.

Another campaign under the name of Anonymous Thailand launched on Saturday received 5,008 signatures in support of Prawit yesterday.

The Invisible Hands and Anonymous Thailand campaigns were apparently launched to counter a campaign by child-rights activist Ticha Na Nakhorn, who had received 63,079 signatures as of yesterday supporting the departure of Prawit, after the general announced he would step down if people “did not want him” anymore. 

Warisara Sornpet, Change.org’s Thailand campaign director, confirmed yesterday that the pro-Prawit campaigns had been manipulated by coordinated email hacking. 

“Our engineers in the US have seen irregularities in the campaign since Saturday and we have notified the initiating campaigner, Invisible Hands, but there has been no response so far,” she said. “The campaign might be removed unless the initiator contacts us.”

Change.org often has experienced similar attempts at manipulation with campaigns focusing on hot topics often being attacked by such tactics, she said. 

Prawit is in the hot seat as his possession of luxury wristwatches has been scrutinised on social media. The issue has been submitted to the National Anti-Corruption Commission for examination, but the results have not been issued yet. 

There has been speculation that the junta number-two is planning to step down as damage control for the military-led government under Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha. 

However Lt-General Kongcheep Tantravanich, spokesman for the Defence Ministry, said yesterday Prawit still had a “strong will” and “good spirits” to continue performing his duties regarding national security and the safety of society.

Prawit “has good spirits and health, as well as a strong will and determination to work devotedly as a key government figure in taking care of the country’s security and safety of society”, he said.

Also yesterday, political activist Aekachai Hongkangwan submitted to the Defence Ministry the results of two online opinion polls in which most respondents favoured Prawit’s resignation.

A poll conducted by the publicly funded television channel Thai PBS included more than 200,000 people, while another one by the website Drama-Addict drew more than 100,000 respondents. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30338049

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-02-06

11 hours ago, carlyai said:

So do I....stability

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

If everyone was in chains it would be more stable,  graveyards are rarely hotbeds of instability

North Korea would probably be a better place for you to live than Thailand.

13 hours ago, carlyai said:

So do I....stability

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

You should get a prize for very very low expectations, considering they are now having trouble doing that.  People like you, and your 200 friends, are ruining a perfectly good country. 

Edited by yellowboat

16 hours ago, darksidedog said:

In Holland we have a minister who just got a penthouse for free (from a canadian ambassador) and he didn't declare it....he still has his job....so it's not only happening in Thailand.

16 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Correct, it does not matter if they are junta / democrats / ptp or whatever the moment they get in power they think everyone has to believe them, they lie cheat and are arrogant. 

I seen some nice articles by the PTP attacking the junta, problem is what they accused the junta of is exactly how they behaved too in power. They said junta was unresponsive to the opinion of people who have a different opinion and pressured them. I can still remember when the democrats came with rotting rice the PTP wanted to arrest them for theft and denied any wrongs and corruption in the rice program now we know better.. much rotting rice.. a huge G2G scandal. Point I am making is that once in power they all think their power grants them the right to rape the country.

'As of 1pm on Monday, the campaign was supported by at least 366 people. An observer who asked to remain anonymous said the original number of supporters had been more than 10,000 but many were found to be spam addresses so the number had been revised downwards.'

By ninety-six percent. That says it all.

'The connection between Prawit and the World Cup was not immediately clear ...'

Quite possibly a one-off Seiko special.

could someone please navigate me please for the poll,  I see here just the poll for

End the tax on tampons and all sanitary products for women

https://www.change.org/p/george-osborne-stop-taxing-periods-period

A popular page you can buy click votes, Rate is 0.08 USD for per 1 vote. Interessted use google search

as example https://royalserviceteam.com/buy-online-votes-to-win-contest.html

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Correct, it does not matter if they are junta / democrats / ptp or whatever the moment they get in power they think everyone has to believe them, they lie cheat and are arrogant. 

I seen some nice articles by the PTP attacking the junta, problem is what they accused the junta of is exactly how they behaved too in power. They said junta was unresponsive to the opinion of people who have a different opinion and pressured them. I can still remember when the democrats came with rotting rice the PTP wanted to arrest them for theft and denied any wrongs and corruption in the rice program now we know better.. much rotting rice.. a huge G2G scandal. Point I am making is that once in power they all think their power grants them the right to rape the country.

Why do you think they want to be elected, it wouldn't be to undertake legal rape, would it? 

On 2/5/2018 at 3:09 AM, darksidedog said:

Anything goes when your scratching to avoid the general population waking up to find their country has been stolen and they are being set up for long term servitude.