Thai Police Record Check

What is the current procedure requirements for obtaining a Thai criminal record check to take home with me, preferably in a hurry? Can some one walk me through visiting police HQ (I'm in BKK) and what documents I need?

The website:

http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/

is a mess of broken links (especially English version).

I found this via Google:

http://pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/filedownload/infomation-service-4.pdf

Do I really need a letter from my Embassy? 

What do they mean by certified copy of passport? Certified by whom?

"Docs certify residing in Thailand": I have my passport with visas, rent receipts from rented apartments and latest (online) 90 day report receipt. Bank book/statements etc. could be produced.

I'm here on a Non-Imm O retirement visa (2nd renewal, 3 ED prior to that and two year visas prior to that) and suspect jobs requiring a UK DBS clearance might also want similar from Thailand. I can apply from abroad but will take weeks/months apparently.

Planning return in maybe 2 weeks or less.

Cheers,

Ken

Definitely get it in Bangkok if you can. I got mine posted to England about 18 months ago when my school there asked for one. As for the documents, I 'think' I sent them copies of all my passport, visa stamps, work permit stuff and then a photo. Not sure if it is different there now. 

It was an absolute ballache as there is no way of sending them the payment for it when you are outside of Thailand. I had to get a mate in Bangkok to go with his Thai bird one morning to tell them they were paying for my application (as you can imagine it wasn't the easiest to sort out). It also took over a month or more to come back and I had pretty much given up on it ever returning. 

The website they have is a complete shambles too. 

• Like 1

Maybe this will help - My Filipino co-worker did the police check in Bangkok 2 days ago. She went to the Main Police HQ next to Center World (shopping Mall), presented her passport at the check in desk and a letter explaining what she required in Thai language (she speaks no Thai and the letter was from the school). She was then directed to the next station and a helpful officer filled the form out for her and she paid the fee of 100B. Then she had her height, weight recorded and lastly her fingerprints done. Finally she was told the report would be posted to arrive in 2 weeks. She said the entire process took about 20 minutes and the office wasn't too crowded (about 20 people). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, NOWHERE said:

I recently used a Bkk visa agent for a police check. In this case, for a Thai national.  Seven days and 2,500 baht. 

You might not think visa agent for a police check but they are doing it all the time for visa applications. 

Good idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NOWHERE said:

I recently used a Bkk visa agent for a police check. In this case, for a Thai national.  Seven days and 2,500 baht. 

You might not think visa agent for a police check but they are doing it all the time for visa applications. 

Yes, there's an official agent (their website isn't much better) for 5000 baht and Siam Legal seem to be offering it for twice that (they say official fee is 5000, I suspect they use the official agent and then add another 5000 for themselves). I going to plead poverty, but may be pushed to it.

What agent did you use?

K.

2 hours ago, nealthewheel said:

Maybe this will help - My Filipino co-worker did the police check in Bangkok 2 days ago. She went to the Main Police HQ next to Center World (shopping Mall), presented her passport at the check in desk and a letter explaining what she required in Thai language (she speaks no Thai and the letter was from the school). She was then directed to the next station and a helpful officer filled the form out for her and she paid the fee of 100B. Then she had her height, weight recorded and lastly her fingerprints done. Finally she was told the report would be posted to arrive in 2 weeks. She said the entire process took about 20 minutes and the office wasn't too crowded (about 20 people). 

Thanks, you give hope to my frayed soul.

Might just turn up with a suitcase full of docs and photocopies and see what happens - but time is short.

Hopefully I can pick it up sooner than 2 wks.

K.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, begurk1137 said:

Yes, there's an official agent (their website isn't much better) for 5000 baht and Siam Legal seem to be offering it for twice that (they say official fee is 5000, I suspect they use the official agent and then add another 5000 for themselves). I going to plead poverty, but may be pushed to it.

What agent did you use?

K.

Sent you a private message. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, begurk1137 said:

What agent did you use?

K.

I used A-Plus Service & Consulting     https://www.a-plusservice.com/

They cost 4400 baht and you get it in 5 working days. They seem to have an "in" at the police headquarters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, begurk1137 said:

What agent did you use?

K.

do it yourself, my wife needed one and it was only 100 baht, that was 4-5 years ago so might be a little higher than 100b now.

• Like 1

Well, I went down to Police HQ today armed with my full Immigration survival kit (multiple copies of absolutely everything in passport, photos, pens, glue, spare specs etc. etc. etc...)

Building 24 is on the left-hand side of the soi to the left of the main building and is well marked in English. Intake desk is on the right immediately as you enter, establish what you want and why and collect forms.

They just needed the passport itself and took one set of my abridged copies of ppt (photopages, all pages with stamps, entry card & last 90 report).

Go to the the tables on the  left between fingerprinting and photo room with helpful staff to complete forms. Filled in the fingerprint form (example on display in English), one main form (ditto), herded to photo room to get photo taken and return to get prints taken.

Then back to intake desk for checking, junior officer's desk for further checking & relieved of ฿100.

Finally to more senior officer's desk where informed the cert. would be ready in 6 weeks (!!!) NOT 5 days. That's when they hit me with the ฿2500 'express' fee to get it in 7 (working) days. Suddenly the ฿4500 agent fee doesn't seem so exorbitant.

That required an extra passport-size photo and ฿2500 in a plain envelope (provided) on which I wrote my name, phone number and The Stalker's name and phone number as backup. Promise to call to collect as soon as ready.

The whole process, with just one other Farang passing through the system before me, took less than one hour.

Not easy to gauge the use of English because I had The Stalker with me and there was a tendency to talk across me ("Does He Take Sugar" syndrome) despite my being reasonably proficient in Thai anyway.

So, we shall see...

• Thanks 1

What agent did you use?

K.

I got one a few weeks ago cost 100 baht no fuss no bother and took about a month because it had to be sent to Bangkok, from Bangkok should be a lot faster.

Sent from my SM-P901 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 2/7/2018 at 10:54 PM, begurk1137 said:

It looks like it's still 100baht, just don't know what letter I have to take.

you dont need a letter just go there and they will help you.  My wife and I went together we told them

what she needed the police report for and they had her complete a few forms. It was very simple maybe took us 20 mins.  

Just collected the cert. - 6 days early. Apparently they quote the extra week because 'Farang complain if 1 day late'.

So, there you go.

"...is a person with no behavior [sic] endangering the peace and order or the security of the state."

I feel like such a failure...

2018-02-14_PoliceClearance_Redacted.jpg

BTW: That's not the photo they took on the day I applied for the cert, but the one I've attached to visa extensions for the last four years.

Edited by begurk1137
Additional info. re. photo

I got one a few weeks ago cost 100 baht no fuss no bother and took about a month because it had to be sent to Bangkok, from Bangkok should be a lot faster.

Sent from my SM-P901 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think it depends on who you are and which police station you use.

My friend applied about 6 months ago and he paid the 100 baht fee.

He was told it would take about a month.
If he wanted it faster he would have to pay 2000 baht and no receipt given.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 2 months later...

I don't really get this criminal clearance for getting Work Permit. I know some criminals living in Thailand. They are well, they run comfortable life. Their last thought is to apply for a work permit. 

The other thing, it will be issued at one place in Thailand. That means that a lot of teachers have to travel to and fro from Sungnai kolok to Chiang Mai, twice to get a sheet of paper, of which usability is really questionable. Land of Smirk ?

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
34 minutes ago, Coaster11 said:

Does anyone know if the Police HQ is open of a Saturday and this Police History Report can be obtained then?

Otherwise i'll have to try and apply for it in Chiang Mai or through a Visa agent..any recommendations?

Closed on weekends.

It can take up ot a month to get it.

Website here: http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/

It can be done by mail.

The have a button on the site for this agency. https://www.a-plusservice.com/ image.png.1dc8287f23a9d1ab4b959aaeb3591f38.png

• Like 1

I can't see the point of using an agent if you are inside the country, as you are still required to visit the police HQ in person, to give fingerprints?

Or, perhaps the 'agents' are issuing fake police clearance certs ????

From A-Plusservice.com - list of documents required for non citizen residing in Thailand:

"6.The original fingerprint 2 set (Taken by The Thai police PCC at Bangkok by our contact only because in case of you stay in Thailand now you need to take fingerprint by Thai police PCC in Bangkok only ,they will not accept the fingerprint from the local police in Thailand except you stay abroad can take by the local police in your country or from the Thai Embassy)"

Edited by ParadiseLost

• 6 months later...
On 2/9/2018 at 10:17 PM, begurk1137 said:

Well, I went down to Police HQ today armed with my full Immigration survival kit (multiple copies of absolutely everything in passport, photos, pens, glue, spare specs etc. etc. etc...)

Building 24 is on the left-hand side of the soi to the left of the main building and is well marked in English. Intake desk is on the right immediately as you enter, establish what you want and why and collect forms.

Not easy to gauge the use of English because I had The Stalker with me and there was a tendency to talk across me ("Does He Take Sugar" syndrome) despite my being reasonably proficient in Thai anyway.

So, we shall see...

Thank you very mach for this post. It's unique for the whole Internet!

We live in NZ and this certificate's needed for my residency application. We were planning to travel Thai anyway and decided to save money and do it ourselves. Without your info it would be much longer!

I want to add that they have changed a building, now it's No 10. You just need a copy of passport page with photo and last visa.

It's taken less than hour for filli in all forms, take a picture and give fingerprints. We paid 100 Batt + 150 for sending a certificate to NZ by regular mail. It was easy and quick. 

Thanks!

IMG_20190830_101530.jpg

• 5 months later...
On 2/9/2018 at 4:17 PM, begurk1137 said:

They just needed the passport itself and took one set of my abridged copies of ppt (photopages, all pages with stamps, entry card & last 90 report).

Go to the the tables on the  left between fingerprinting and photo room with helpful staff to complete forms. Filled in the fingerprint form (example on display in English), one main form (ditto), herded to photo room to get photo taken and return to get prints taken.

Then back to intake desk for checking, junior officer's desk for further checking & relieved of ฿100.

Finally to more senior officer's desk where informed the cert. would be ready in 6 weeks (!!!) NOT 5 days. That's when they hit me with the ฿2500 'express' fee to get it in 7 (working) days. Suddenly the ฿4500 agent fee doesn't seem so exorbitant.

That required an extra passport-size photo and ฿2500 in a plain envelope (provided) on which I wrote my name, phone number and The Stalker's name and phone number as backup. Promise to call to collect as soon as ready.

The whole process, with just one other Farang passing through the system before me, took less than one hour.

So, we shall see...

I need an United States FBI clearance check.  Is this what you required?  (I can download the fingerprint card.)

On 3/1/2019 at 3:50 PM, ParadiseLost said:

I can't see the point of using an agent if you are inside the country, as you are still required to visit the police HQ in person, to give fingerprints?

Or, perhaps the 'agents' are issuing fake police clearance certs ????

From A-Plusservice.com - list of documents required for non citizen residing in Thailand:

"6.The original fingerprint 2 set (Taken by The Thai police PCC at Bangkok by our contact only because in case of you stay in Thailand now you need to take fingerprint by Thai police PCC in Bangkok only ,they will not accept the fingerprint from the local police in Thailand except you stay abroad can take by the local police in your country or from the Thai Embassy)"

I have used A-Plus twice in the recent past and they do not issue fake clearances. They are legit agents. They cost me 4400 baht each time. The reason that you might wish to use them is that the can get it for you in 4 or 5 working days vs a month if you do it yourself. And they will give you a receipt.

• 9 months later...